Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Pike (203cms and 97kgs) ruckman- Geelong Falcons or Scaife (197cms & 93kgs) forward from Perth would both suit the Pies- I don't think Hutchison will be around at our pick in the mid season draft...

Such a bloody shame that Steene is injured, Begg is not quite tall enough and Krueger is in a seemingly permanent state of Hindu birth, death and rebirth in terms of injury.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:52 am

Within two seasons the senior players are going to be the Daicos Bros. McCreery and JDG & mate Darcy more the more senior
Adding Sullivan & HH
Makes improvements to the Allan’s etc paramount

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:30 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
For mine I’d be looking to fortify our defence with relatively cheap gettables such as Josh Battle, ...

Today mentioned by Gettable as a Collingwood fit...

15:90 in video
https://www.afl.com.au/video/1125053/gettable-clubs-kicking-themselves-can-dons-land-forward-do-pies-lure-saint?videoId=1125053&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1715128423001

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:14 pm

Lobb is such a weird guy to be linked to.
I mean he'll be 32 at round 1 next year. He's never been a premium player. A part from 2022, he's never kicked more than 30 goals a season. What does he provide?
Is he in our best 22? I'd say no. There has to be a younger/better option.

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:17 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Lobb is such a weird guy to be linked to.

... What does he provide?

Tik Tok content.

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
For mine I’d be looking to fortify our defence with relatively cheap gettables such as Josh Battle, ...

Today mentioned by Gettable as a Collingwood fit...

15:90 in video
https://www.afl.com.au/video/1125053/gettable-clubs-kicking-themselves-can-dons-land-forward-do-pies-lure-saint

Also mentioned Tom Highmore, 192cm former StK intercept defender, as possible Murphy replacement.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:48 pm

Sam Draper.

Is he going to be an available player?

205cm, 25yo ruckman. South Australian, so Port/Crows could ask the question. Has played only 63 games so far. With Coxy coming to the end, he'd be one heck of a replacement.

Last edited by Presti35 on Tue May 14, 2024 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stinger 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 11:01 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Lobb has almost identical career stats as Cox does, the only advantage there is he's 2 years younger.

I'd considered Lobb previously but now I'd rather keep Cox for another year or 2 and either develop or buy a new young ruck forward.

Lobb would be a perfect fit at Melbourne.

Plus he's the biggest downhill skier going around. Looks a million dollars when the team is winning but never puts his body on the line or has repeat efforts when the chips are down. Melbourne can have him!
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:59 pm

How smart/dumb is this idea?

Dustin Martin.

He feels burnt out at Richmond and is out of form. Will be 33 next month and will play his 300th game in 4 games time. Averaging 20 disposals and has kicked 4 goals from seven games in 2024. And is an unrestricted free agent.

Has he still got something to offer a team in the premiership window? Or has his time come? (Or will a move to the Suns be on the cards?).

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:28 pm

He seems beyond it to me and is just being paid out his cash dues without the stress or pressure of finals.

If he wants out and another shot at a premiership medal he surely would have walked last year after the Dimma departure.

And if he decides to move this year, not sure we need another veteran list blocking the few younger players on our list

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:30 pm

Presti35 wrote:
How smart/dumb is this idea?

Dustin Martin.

He feels burnt out at Richmond and is out of form. Will be 33 next month and will play his 300th game in 4 games time. Averaging 20 disposals and has kicked 4 goals from seven games in 2024. And is an unrestricted free agent.

Has he still got something to offer a team in the premiership window? Or has his time come? (Or will a move to the Suns be on the cards?).

Yeah, nah….great Richmond player but will never be a Pie (if that’s what you were insinuating).

Would be ideal for Cold Toast though…almost happened a few seasons ago when AFL really wanted him to go there and bank rolled a seriously big $$$ offer….Hardwick nipped that in the bud quick smart until he finally got the job and then has been in Dusty’s ear ever since (sneaky pr!ck that Hardwick). He’s working hard putting the band back together with key mature Tigs players going over starting with Rioli and Dusty, and surely more to follow.

Good place to go really…a freshen up, good emerging list, nice weather, big $$$, and a possible history making Premiership swan song. Good luck to him!

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 1:22 pm

Does someone else have the time/inclination to listen to "Gettable" on the AFL website and tell me what they're saying about the Pies trade moves?
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 2:10 pm

on "Gettable", where Collingwood was mentioned...

@4:20 Pies "secret lure" - The "recruiting chip" for next decade. Players will want to play alongside Nick Daicos.

@22.10 Ned Moyle (Suns) is gettable, may interest Collingwood

https://www.afl.com.au/video/1130440/gettable-swans-free-agent-to-stay-dons-list-boss-at-desk-pies-secret-lure?videoId=1130440&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1715732411001

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:03 pm

piffdog wrote:
Does someone else have the time/inclination to listen to "Gettable" on the AFL website and tell me what they're saying about the Pies trade moves?

They have a segment at the end of their program where listeners get to 'ask the question'. Discussion understandably revolves around replacing the veterans and that we have ample cap space.
They've been regularly suggesting we're looking for a Ruckman, they discussed our 'secret weapon' in trade negotiations is luring out-of-contract players with the prospect of playing alongside a generational player in Nick Daicos for the next decade.

A good deal what they're discussing relates to players that are coming off contract in 2025 (WB Davies-Uniacke, GWS Sam Taylor).
As for 2024 contracts, there's been quite a few possibles thrown up over the past few weeks, but no-one that several Clubs would also be asking the question regarding (e.g. BNE Hugh McCluggage, SYD Will Hayward).
They're still suggesting we're still right in the hunt for Bailey Smith, but not having a 1st round pick currency to bring to the table unless we delve into a future 1st.
Unsigned St. Kilda backman Josh Battle was put forward as a possibility to replace Murphy.
193cm / 90kg ex- St. Kilda 2020 National Draft pick #45 now Port Melbourne player Tom Highmore was put forward as another mature age MSD possibility to replace Murphy as an intercept defender.
There has been no discussion re any of our players attracting attention, although Joe Richards is coming off contract this year and is fielding a few enquiries.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:42 pm

^ TY LH.
I can read faster than I can listen...

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 6:43 pm

Gettable shits me. They rabble on for too long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 136 of 138   

Jump to: