Why dont you wear you Collingwood stuff?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 172 times

Why dont you wear you Collingwood stuff?

Post by Presti35 »

"Because I dont want to be laughed at".

Thats the response I got from one of the young people that I work with. I was shocked. When someone asks you who you support you look them in the eye and say Collingwood. Dont look down in shame and say it, or like you're expecting some shit reply or laughter, or like its a joke you support this club. You proudly say Collingwood, The Maggies, The Pies. And you say it like you dont give a fk what they think.

Sadly, this lad has allowed others to let him think supporting Collingwood is something to be ashamed of and something to hide.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Why dont you wear you Collingwood stuff?

Post by Magpie Russ »

Might just be the kid... maybe he doesn't want to be seen as a AFL nuffy or to wear some of the average stuff that is on offer from Nike. It is hard to find cool gear. It is getting better but...

America and England wear football fan gear... in America sports gear is seen to be cool. My son and mates are into it. We would like a better variety or some cool designs.
Every year it is the same jumper. Stripes. "We will never change... " blah blah blah. Browne when he was asked by my son why we don't market different jumpers... think he thought we meant to play in them. Stick to the stripes, whatever, but how about a variation each year... as you get in the EPL.. just for fans. One good thing is the indigenous round.. that too you are confined to black and white (which is ok but... )

I wear a cap to work... and I work in finance (it has been 'casual Friday' every day for some time now) not the one that is handed out with your membership but a New Era type...

Tell the kid to enjoy the attention... invite it even. It is good fun.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by stui magpie »

AFL fan gear doesn't exactly lend itself to casual wear.

I wear my Collingwood Polo as casual wear during footy season and I have a Collingwood Hawaiian shirt I bought in Darwin (of all places) which I wear casually in summer, but most of the gear looks like it's designed to wear to the footy, not just casual day to day stuff.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

After losing weight I am happy to say I have worn my signed 2010 Premiership Jumper. I have never been able to wear it since it was given to me. We have Friday Footy Day at work tomorrow and I will be in my Pies polo.
blakis

Post by blakis »

stui magpie wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:12 pm AFL fan gear doesn't exactly lend itself to casual wear.
I dunno.... there's some pretty nice stuff on the Collingwood Shop that you could wear casually, no problem.
https://shop.collingwoodfc.com.au/nxp-1/
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

Can't get my grandson out of his. PJ's are Pies issue as well.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by stui magpie »

blakis wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:09 pm
stui magpie wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:12 pm AFL fan gear doesn't exactly lend itself to casual wear.
I dunno.... there's some pretty nice stuff on the Collingwood Shop that you could wear casually, no problem.
https://shop.collingwoodfc.com.au/nxp-1/

Yeah, Nah. Apart from the ridiculous prices, that's all stuff you'd wear to the pub to watch a game or when you're exercising, not every day street wear to me.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Simply_Brutal
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Simply_Brutal »

Wear my Collingwood Mitchell & Ness sweater everywhere.. really sweet looking piece.

I personally have no appetite for a black shirt with a bunch of corporations logos. I’m not a billboard.

Unfortunately most of our merch is really lazy and uninspired. Black, maybe some white piping somewhere, and logos.

The fact Nike can barely manage to get our jumpers made is another issue. Not a single long sleeve kit, and they didn’t bother producing our clash/away kit which was really cool.

The Nike guernseys are also of a really poor quality. I’m envious of every other team (excl Sydney). Have a feel of their guernseys and you’ll know what I mean.
Jezza
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 306 times

Post by Jezza »

I still wear my 2023 premiership t-shirts every now and then, but for the most part I only wear my Collingwood paraphernalia on match days.

Tell the young bloke you work with that he has no reason to feel ashamed. Opposition supporters are envious of the heritage, size and success that the club has built over more than 100 years.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Presti35
Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 172 times

Post by Presti35 »

I was just saddened to hear that some people feel they need to hide the fact they support the Pies, or that its something to be ashamed of.

To put it more into perspective it was a "wear your team colours" sports day.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
think positive
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

I wear my premiership hoodies, they are so nice, i wear my oodie jacket heaps, and i have a pies wind proof short jacket i wear heaps, and a parka, sox, yup im addicted!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Culprit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

Presti35 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:54 pm I was just saddened to hear that some people feel they need to hide the fact they support the Pies, or that its something to be ashamed of.

To put it more into perspective it was a "wear your team colours" sports day.
I don't have anything Collingwood on my Car as I value my car because there's always one idiot walking past. I had my car torched in SA after Tarrant kicked the winning goal.
Arch@M32
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Arch@M32 »

I've got about 100 guernseys, many t shirts, jackets and other bits but they don't make much that I'd wear out to dinner. We should have more without giant cartoon drawings or sponsors logos plastered every wear. Just give me some simple magpie on the fence post, Collingwood, side by side and or 1892 stuff.
We did it in the past. I still see people wearing the black knit jumpers with a simple magpie on the fence post on the breast and they haven't sold them for about 30 years.
slangman
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

I wear a Collingwood cap most days and my Pendlebury 314 hoodie.

I am not embarrassed to wear Collingwood gear but I do agree that most of the current merchandise is pretty goofy.
- Side By Side -
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

Don't count the days, make the days count.