Keeping the band together. What if we lose Leppitsch?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

coaching staff please stay

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

we must keep fly and leppitsch for at least the next 7 years.

for fly 10 years and leppa say 5 years

Been some talk about leppa going to another club this can not happen we must keep them all.

Stay at the Pies.

Still think we need 1 more assistant coach too.
Boot
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Boot »

I think Craig McRae, Justin Leppitch and Brendan Bolton have singed for 3 years which is fine for now as that gives them all another 2 years after this year to complete any extensions if and when required.
Hayden Skipworth and Josh Fraser are the other coaches so I'm pretty happy with their efforts this year as well, so I hope we don't see any real movement in the coaching panel for next year too.
If any of the assistant coaches were to be offered senior roles elsewhere I don't think the club would stand in their way of progressing with their career. However, I doubt any club is going to offer any of our current assistants their senior roles so I think we are pretty safe to be able to hold the current structure.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Agree there boot.

Hold and keep the current set up for as long as possible.

Like to see some one like Damien Monkhorst to gain a role at Collingwood too.

Monkey has had experaince at Hawks under Clarko.

Another one could be Tom Harley from Sydney swans as another one pretty successfull as player and doing some good things for Sydney
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Boot wrote:I think Craig McRae, Justin Leppitch and Brendan Bolton have singed for 3 years which is fine for now as that gives them all another 2 years after this year to complete any extensions if and when required.
Hayden Skipworth and Josh Fraser are the other coaches so I'm pretty happy with their efforts this year as well, so I hope we don't see any real movement in the coaching panel for next year too.
If any of the assistant coaches were to be offered senior roles elsewhere I don't think the club would stand in their way of progressing with their career. However, I doubt any club is going to offer any of our current assistants their senior roles so I think we are pretty safe to be able to hold the current structure.
I think we're safe with Bolts but Leppa might be given another crack at a senior coaching role.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Wish it was the other way around
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Keeping the band together. What if we lose Leppitsch?

Post by LaurieHolden »

The drums are already beating for Leppitsch to return to Punt Road to fill the vacancy Hardwick has left.

He signed with Richmond to be an assistant coach in September 2009, 12 months after being sacked as senior coach of the Brisbane Lions.
He played a major role in the Richmonds 2017 AFL premiership win, coaching the forwards.
He was also an assistant coach during Richmond's 2019 and 2020 premierships.

I wouldn't like to see Leppa leave the 'whatever we're calling it now' Centre, particyularly as we're only just seeing what this new coaching team is capable of delivering.
I see him as on the way to becoming a Neal Balme like figure. The longer we can keep him the better.
Ideally if the soft cap allows, keeping our core of Bolton, Skipworth, Leppitsch will be critical to launch a mutli-year top-4 push.

The soft cap might be our undoing, should Richmond throw a big offer his way and he still has the desire for a senior coaching gig.
As our Head of Strategy and defence, it wouldn't be great timing.
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
derkd
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

Yep huge loss, but you can't keep the same people forever.

If he lands the job, all power to him. The work he has done with the pies has been outstanding.

Would be great to win a premiership with him here, if we did I would imagine Bolton would also be in the sights of other clubs too.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Tony Jewell is already training with the players so don't worry.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

If his contribution nets us a flag this year he can go wherever he wants…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
David
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

I don't mind assistant coaches being poached, but it's infuriating when they leave before the season's over. I don't know why that's allowed to happen. It should be in every assistant coach's contract that they can attend job interviews in early September if they like and even sign on to a new gig, but they don't start work at their new club until the day after their previous club finishes its campaign. Doesn't seem like rocket science!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Nah he’s loving where he is and working with Fly. Be hilarious if Bucks went for the Richmond job, imagine Caro!
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I doubt if Richmond would sign up a new coach during the season anyway.They would go for an interim coach for the rest of the season,wouldn’t they?
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:I don't mind assistant coaches being poached, but it's infuriating when they leave before the season's over. I don't know why that's allowed to happen. It should be in every assistant coach's contract that they can attend job interviews in early September if they like and even sign on to a new gig, but they don't start work at their new club until the day after their previous club finishes its campaign. Doesn't seem like rocket science!
I don't recall an assistant coach ever leaving a club to take up a main coaching role at another club during the season. :? The protocol is generally exactly as you suggest.

There have been instances where an assistant at a club playing finals is appointed as Senior coach of a team that didn't make finals, during the finals, and their current club has chosen to let them go early rather than stay til the end of the season, on the grounds that they didn't believe they would be able to focus, but that was the decision of their current employer.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

^Brad Scott says hi
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Say Hi back to him for me, then please elaborate, I don't recall that situation.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.