Warne...12 month ban!

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Black_White

Warne...12 month ban!

Post by Black_White »

Looks like he got off lightly, but I would doubt he will play again for Australia.

-Craig
MrsTarrant

Post by MrsTarrant »

Of course he will play for Australia again! I don't think a 12 month ban is what you would call getting off lightly! This is just terrible! Image
i_luv_tarkyn!

Post by i_luv_tarkyn! »

warnie is a true champion and i have no doubt in my mind he will be back!

luv jess

* i luv tarkyn to infinity and beyond *
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

My comments re: getting off lightly, relate to the fact that he was guilty by test and by admission. A 2 year ban is the max, so 1/2 that is, I consider. light.
Yes, he is a champ, no question. But one year off, remember the ban is on all grades of cricket, at his age is very similar to what Mr Carey has been through. Considering that AFL has approx. 640 players, where the elite in Aus Cricket is 20 or less, I find it hard to see him returning.
One thing is for sure, his dream of captaining the Aus Test Team, surely the reason for his one day retirement announcement, is over.

-Craig
MrsTarrant

Post by MrsTarrant »

His chance of being captain in the test team was well gone before any of this took place! One year is a lighter penalty considering the maximum is two years, however it is still a very long time and I am shocked with the decision! I think even with a year off there will be no one as good as him to take his place so he has every opportunity of making it back for Australia! At least this is what I'm hoping! Image
Donny
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Donny »

The footy season is under way so any further comment on this subject is welcome ... in the cricket forum, under 'WARNEY'.

Donny.

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN !!!!
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Biggest SPORT story going around. Surely belongs in GD?

-Craig
teegee

Post by teegee »

Muralitharan's been chucking down pills for years and he still gets away with it.
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

Glad to see the "ugly Australian" has been banned and IMO he got off lightly. Deserved to be banned for life as taking a pill by mistake shouldn't be tolerated at top level sport.

Go Stuart McGill!

The poster formerly known as Rohan Coventry Tateson

[This message has been edited by Rohan (edited 22 February 2003).]
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

teegee,
So what you saying effectively here is that the hearing on Warne was fair
dinkum but all the numerous tests done on Murali's action are absolute
bloody bullshit? Even though at times, even experts like Daryle Foster (Uni of WA)
were involved in passing his action?
The unfortunate reality is that Warne IS now a
confirmed drug cheat, Murali after numerous tests, was found to have a
perfectly legal action. So please dont bring Murali into things.

Lazza :-)
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Lazza, sorry, but Murali's action cannot be tested through his blood or urine. Shane's can and was. The test proved positive to a banned substance. He admits to ingesting a banned substance. Each year, yes every year, Aus cricketers go through a drug briefing telling them to not ingest anything without prior consent. This is why an elite sportsman will not acept a drink from you if you offer it.
Australia has been very outspoken over the last decade about drugs in sport. I personally believe that Warne did not take steroids to aid his recovery, but having a steroid masking agent in your urine 5 weeks after sustaining an injury is very damning.
On a lighter note, seems I'm in complete agreement with Rohan on this subject. This of course means the end of the world is nigh.
God help us all!!!!

-Craig
JLC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JLC »

Shane Warnes new theme song should be "It wasnt me" as sung by shaggy....

bookie scandals
sex calls
drug allegations
joe the camera man

but its never Shanes fault is it........there is always someone else to blame

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
angel

Post by angel »

I would have liked to see him get the full two years to prove to the world once and for all that we Aussies are serious about drugs. Just forget the excuses, two samples showed a masking agent.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

True enough Black_White but after numerous & strenuous scientific testing on at least three occasions, Murali's action has been passed as perfectly legal. That is why he is not called or reported for chucking by all of the current test & first class umpires, including Daryl Hair as a matter of interest. This is good enough reason for me to firmly believe that Murali has a perfectly legal action and does not chuck.
So like I said earlier, teegee bringing Murali into the Warne issue is just bullshit. Chalk and cheese really.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza :-)

[This message has been edited by Lazza (edited 22 February 2003).]