afl.com rip off

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Clown

afl.com rip off

Post by Clown »

Does anyone else here have trouble getting live audio on afl.com? I find that 2 out of three times I can't get a live game, due to slow loading crap live streaming audio, my username not being recognised (for no reason), or pages simply not loading.

I have a fast internet connection and a great computer and have no trouble with multimedia stuff anywhere else.

The AFL, by selling the rights to live audio internet broadcasts to Telstra, has ensured that all expat footy nuts like myself have to pay $50 per season just to get what should rightly be free... access to a radio broadcast of out team playing.

I have paid my money, and I still can't hear the ***** game.

(SNIP)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(This post has been edited due to offensive language- Moderators)
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

SOLUTION to troubles with AFL website audio/video streaming

Post by stoliboy »

I have had trouble with the AFL website when accessing paid areas such as the streams.

If I click on the link it will either no load or will not stream at broadband speed and I get no video.

The way I have overcome this is to 1) click on the link as usual, 2) then oce the page is open I press VIEW then SOURCE up the top of the page and search for the directory of the file. 3) I then CUT n PASTE the address into my browser the streaming audio/video works perfectly...

Try that :)

stoliboy :)