#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Could be. We need a long term solution for our forward line. Whether that's a second tall forward or a smaller more mobile lineup. Neither Reid or Cox is a longterm answer. I think to continue trying Cox will lead us further from this solution not closer.

Also, I know he's had injury problems but Reid is only 2 years older than Cox.
Well done boys!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

AN_Inkling wrote:^^Could be. We need a long term solution for our forward line. Whether that's a second tall forward or a smaller more mobile lineup. Neither Reid or Cox is a longterm answer. I think to continue trying Cox will lead us further from this solution not closer.

Also, I know he's had injury problems but Reid is only 2 years older than Cox.
That's true what you say. The only way of solving our forward line issues is via the national draft, bar us somehow snaring Tom Lynch from GCS.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Scott reckons North want Cox. Surely that means they're looking to trade Goldstein. They have a plethora of rucks. Don't go Coxy. They're a nothing club with a nothing coach.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Given that Brisbane are apparently interested, maybe we should try to engineer a trade for Schache.

Whilst Schache was a number 2 pick, he has shown less than what Cox has, so if we can orchestrate this as a straight swap with maybe a late draft pick, may be worth doing.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

Big Mason on many a club shopping list
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
E

Post by E »

is he a free agent or a restricted free agent. Maybe we should orchestrate a trade to get him to his club of choice?
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Neither, I think; just out of contract.

If we want to keep him as more than a backup (not that I think it's wise unless we have a quality medium (Stringer Type)), then we shot ourselves in the foot by not playing him more this year. We similarly killed Witts' value last year.

Should be worth at least as much as Witts. I'd say more as he has greater scope for continued improvement and has not been around as long.
Well done boys!
Culprit
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Culprit »

If Cox wants out he either goes into the draft or he has to be traded. If he wants to go to Brisbane then do a deal. Stefan Martin and a 2nd round pick for Cox. Done.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Cox if he stays.

C*ck if he goes.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Couldn't Brisbane pick him up for nothing in the pre-season draft?
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Harrysz wrote:Couldn't Brisbane pick him up for nothing in the pre-season draft?
Yes if he wants to be a c*ck or we can't come to a trade agreement.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Mason Cox has signed a 3 year contract extension that will keep him locked away at the Pies until the end of 2020.

Source: Mark Stevens
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

I hope you are correct WPW. By the end of the season the use of three talls seemed to be working better and he is an integral part of it. The club has been very patient trying to develop him from ground zero and he is showing some real promise
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Yes, the big Unit Yankee Texan is a Magpie for three more seasons, at least, you beauty. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

If you are Cox, if you are playing bass for the 1960s Rolling Stones, would you go and play bass for 1990s Van Halen? No, didn't think so either. We might be unsuccessful at times [ok last 4], but we are still be biggest gig in the land. Well done on a sensible selection Mason. Hopefully you average 25 hitouts, 7 marks and 2 goals a game next year.

Just stop dropping those lowballs, get your bloody glove under it [but don't immediately throw it to first!!!!]
Get back on top.