Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

The greater the silence ...the less likely he is at Collingwood in 2024....deal that gets done on the last day I think.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Culprit
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Culprit »

Jack only goes if some out-of-left-field offer comes in. At the moment it appears most clubs are too occupied with the first 10 picks.
BBHS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BBHS »

I actually think they want him to become a mid. Don't see him being traded.
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times

Post by warburton lad »

The choice around Ginnivan/Schutz is not a binary one.

Both can play in the side- both have attributes that add to the potential of our team...

I think that Ginnivan is an out there personality- that is great for the energy that he brings to the team & crowd...

My bet is that he will stay and continue to mature..
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
R.Barham

Post by R.Barham »

This is a wake up call for Ginnivan
There is no guarantee at the Elite Level when you are a fringe player

As Fly stated "Read The Room Ginni"
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

"I'm only going to mention this once and briefly...forget Jack Ginnivan. As things sit at the moment, there is zero, and I cannot state this strongly enough, zero movement at the station for Jack Ginnivan wanting to leave. Nothing is happening...as of 1.05PM Eastern on the 10th of October."

- Sam Edmund AFL Trade Radio
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by stui magpie »

Ginni is only 20. He has some growing up to do but isn't surplus.

he stays for mine, Schulz to play Adams HFF role.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

FWIW, I can't see the Club doing anything but let him determine what his contract will be worth at the end of 2024, and with that the way he approaches season '24 will carve out his destiny.
If he knuckles down pushes out Elliott, Shultz, Hill or Harrison, it's going to make some season end highlight reel.

Step 1. attach yourself to a Crisp for the pre-season.
Step 2. stop going to ground, every fkn contest. Easiest way to remove yourself from a contest and scoring opportunity is going to ground.
Step 3. craft your defensive game, learn to harass and tackle. Become the king of turnover goals.
2023 AFL Premiers
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I reckon Ginni also takes some of the heat away from Nick when the other team's provocateur's are in action.

The are split between harassing the Pest or the Best.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

OH for bloody Chrissakes, FMD, Faaaaaark me, Jack is the soul of our team and a huge fan favourie, HUGE, he heart beats black n white, I met him and JDG at the York Hotle a real Magpie to the core. !! %$^ thise other clubs, hes a Magpie Premiership hero, tell em to bugger off. Hes only 20 , has yrs to become a real superstar. I am so over this damn late Treloar crap, losing devoted players like Jack. I tell ya, if he goes , I tell u, I WILL FCKIING SPEW, I WILL LOSE MY SHIT, SKIST IT, I WILL FUCING SPEW, TELL EM TO PISS OFF, HES OURS, HE STAYS. !!!!!!!!!!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

Piesnchess wrote:he heart beats black n white
Despite growing up supporting Hawthorn...but I hear ya.
2023 AFL Premiers
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

In flys presser after the GF he was asked about Ginnivan going to the races the night before
He said read the room read the room Jack
Then highlighted how Bobby Hill (sitting next to him) had sacrificed and worked hard to get the rewards he got on a day like this
He went on to say hard work and growing up was needed for Jack to be the player the club believed he could be
There’s the warning shot fired over your bow Jack
The acquisition of Schulz or the trying to land him is a direct threat on your position
Schulz would be everything fly wants. He kicks goals, is a pressure beast, runs hard all day and does the little thing often missed my commentators
We may not lands Schulz but being proactive like this looking to improve our scoring power shows signs the clubs planning is well underway
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 166 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Had lunch with my usual group of Richmond FC game day staffers today.
These guys are generally very good with the mail and I’m being told there is no reason to believe Richmond are into Ginnivan. Richmond accepts they have virtually no current trading currency and that Yze ( like most new coaches ) wants to look at his list this year before making any decisions on players. That means there will be little trading out at Richmond, which also further reduces any ability to trade on. Yze wants to keep Soldo because Nankervis is close to the end, so it would need to be a very good offer for him to be released.

The most interesting comment of the day was one of Flys good mates saying that Fly indicated Collingwood had some interest in Wines but he’s not sure if that’s still on after the Schultz play.