Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Meredith1965 wrote:To be honest, I am not sure how that whack squares with the “be yourself” mantra. It’s hardly like he was spending a night on the tiles.
"Be yourself" always has to be within the constraints of "be professional" (and "be legal"). Otherwise, it could excuse anything.
burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

He needed to be smarter.

What if at the races, some drunk moron decides to punch him up the night before a granny?

Do you reckon the team would have been affected?

It would have totally forked our morning, the media would have had a field day and the final would have been derailed before it even started.

He doesn’t make smart decisions and that’s why he won’t be at Collingwood next year.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
K

Post by K »

burnsy17 wrote:...
What if at the races, some drunk moron decides to punch him up the night before a granny?
Yeah, was thinking 'bout Jezza Cameron. Victim of unprovoked assault while having a quiet one in the pub.
burnsy17 wrote:...
He doesn’t make smart decisions and that’s why he won’t be at Collingwood next year.
Ya reckon he's gone? :shock:
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

I get the feeling he may be on very shaky ground. Seriously, let’s go to the races the day before a GF. Fly seemed pretty pissed. Time will tell.
Dispatches from a foreign land
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Pete 70 wrote:I get the feeling he may be on very shaky ground. Seriously, let’s go to the races the day before a GF. Fly seemed pretty pissed. Time will tell.
If that's so turning up to mad monday dressed as a jockey isn't going to help him either.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Pete 70 wrote:I get the feeling he may be on very shaky ground. Seriously, let’s go to the races the day before a GF. Fly seemed pretty pissed. Time will tell.
If that's so turning up to mad monday dressed as a jockey isn't going to help him either.
That was brilliant
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

eddiesmith wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
That was brilliant
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K

Post by K »

think positive wrote:...
its just bad optics and too risky.
The sonics were worse!

'“I’m not a basic footballer like everyone else, I’m allowed to live a life. I was home by 10pm and was on the waters. Everyone can make of it what they want, but I’m a f***ing premiership player,” Ginnivan told foxfooty.com.au in the rooms post-game.'

He's not "reading the room".
scoobydoo
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by scoobydoo »

From what’s been said I’d be shocked if he weren’t playing in the Black & White next year.
Still very young & even younger maturity wise. Has potential to be a very good player, he ain’t going.
Not next year anyway.
K

Post by K »

Well, he is contracted. We know that ain't a guarantee but it's much better than being out of contract!
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

The players will know what the rules are, presumably, but it’s not as though he was out at 2am partying. He was home by ten and not drinking. On the face of it, it was just a recreational evening in a place not known for trouble or violence. But clearly it nettled McRae, so it must have offended some unwritten rule about not being out in public the night before.

Craig Kelly was still saying on MMM after the game that McRae was not concerned about Jack going to the races, so somewhere the wires are crossed. The bigger issue for Ginni is that he was not very impactful. I wonder whether .john Noble might be groomed as a small forward next year.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by What'sinaname »

He does need to be careful. We suspected Hill might take his spot at the start of the year - and it proved to be true.

With trade and drafting, there will be 5-6 new players eyeing his spot in the team.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

He is only 20 and Jamie Elliott is 31, so I wouldn’t be too quick to show Ginni the door…
Geek
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Geek »

Meredith1965 wrote:The players will know what the rules are, presumably, but it’s not as though he was out at 2am partying. He was home by ten and not drinking. On the face of it, it was just a recreational evening in a place not known for trouble or violence. But clearly it nettled McRae, so it must have offended some unwritten rule about not being out in public the night before.

Craig Kelly was still saying on MMM after the game that McRae was not concerned about Jack going to the races, so somewhere the wires are crossed. The bigger issue for Ginni is that he was not very impactful. I wonder whether .john Noble might be groomed as a small forward next year.
Did it nettle McRae though? I saw him make that statement. It was with an eye roll at worst.

Everyone from the club with something to say about it has come out in public saying they have no problem with it. CEO says the club is fine with it. CEO says McRae is fine with it. McRae has said he's fine with it.

It's just the keyboardists and even then just a few noisy ones, that have a problem with it.

My advice to Jack right now? He should go get himself a sponsorship deal from the responsible alcohol lobby.

"You could be at the races or you could be at a pub in Torquay. Doesn't mean you have to drink"

Cheeky grin. Sip water from a glass. Sniff once.

Now that'd be an ad I'd watch.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

ditto, i love jack and i hope he stays!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!