Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Rex

Post by Rex »

think better wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:He's got that Stevie J craftiness and loves the big occasion. This is his time
That's a pretty good comparison I reckon.

I wonder if he talks to himself and commentates on his own game too?
Apart from a couple of kilos weight difference there’s a wee bit of similarity with SJ’s start to the 2007 season and our Jack’s. He and Jack turned things around during the year and we know how that season ended for Stevie J. It would be nice to see Jack get the Norm Smith in a winning Collingwood team! And I hope that’s were the similarities end - 2008 didn’t start well for SJ.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by stui magpie »

Ginni donates the money from his rising star nomination last year to his former junior club, and sends them a video message ahead of their grand final.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/local ... 313edb57d2
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by Big T »

Anyone see the high free on Smith? Ducked something shocking, commentators say clear free... yep
Buon Giorno
K
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Ginnivan spent GF eve at the Moonee Valley races. :shock:

Got a whack from McFly.

Wow... So unprofessional. Gobsmacking. :shock:

How'd he even find the time after the Parade and all that? Sheesh...
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

K wrote:Ginnivan spent GF eve at the Moonee Valley races. :shock:

Got a whack from McFly.

Wow... So unprofessional. Gobsmacking. :shock:

How'd he even find the time after the Parade and all that? Sheesh...
Troll under the bridge
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
K

Post by K »

Who's the troll? You mean the premiership-winning coach?? :shock:
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I thought it was a bit of a beatup, but wow Fly really gave him a serve!!!
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

I love Ginni, but I'm hearing he's off to Richmond. I hope not.
K

Post by K »

eddiesmith wrote:... but wow Fly really gave him a serve!!!
Craig Kelly and McFly sound like they're not on the same page!! :shock: (Kelly quote: "no problems".)
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

K wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:... but wow Fly really gave him a serve!!!
Craig Kelly and McFly sound like they're not on the same page!! :shock: (Kelly quote: "no problems".)
What else is Kelly going to say on the morning of the grand final? Of course he would play the issue with a dead bat. But I bet Ginnivan will have another meeting scheduled with McRae and Wright soon.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

To be honest, I am not sure how that whack squares with the “be yourself” mantra. It’s hardly like he was spending a night on the tiles.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I think Fly was a little disappointed after he'd shown faith in Ginni by making some big selection calls and that's how he repays him.

If he'd had a great game it would have all been forgotten, but he had a game to forget as well!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m Arthur and Martha on this. GF eve, should be 1050% focused on the game. But some players can’t cope with the anxiety if they’re sitting at home thinking about it and nothing else, so an hour out to see your mate is fine. BUT then I think of John Noble and how soul destroying it was for him not to be out there playing, and Tay and McStay…. taking your spot in the team for granted and saying there’s more to life than footy isn’t a good look. Ned brushed it off but inside he’ll be getting a rocket ready.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

eddiesmith wrote:I think Fly was a little disappointed after he'd shown faith in Ginni by making some big selection calls and that's how he repays him.

If he'd had a great game it would have all been forgotten, but he had a game to forget as well!
He was probably our least effective player. Was unsighted for much of the game. Not a good look for a player who was out enjoying himself the night before a grand final.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

this will be the post game controversy all week now, wont it?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever