Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?

Two or more weeks and season done
16%
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
74%

Total votes: 96

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Haff wrote:
stoliboy wrote:What the actual %#%£ is this!
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1026111/mat ... lision/amp

The Match Review Officer graded the incident as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact, drawing a minimum three-match ban and means Maynard's season could be over.
Exactly what I said would happen? Well, I have it the highest chance.
It was never going to be anything else really.
What I don’t understand is what does Laura Kane have to do with it?
She graded it, it’s in the AFL press release.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Remember the Barry Hall court case that was adjourned until after the Grand Final? Why can’t Collingwood do the same thing if it was good for the AFL’s lovechild?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Haff wrote:
stoliboy wrote:What the actual %#%£ is this!
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1026111/mat ... lision/amp

The Match Review Officer graded the incident as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact, drawing a minimum three-match ban and means Maynard's season could be over.
Exactly what I said would happen? Well, I have it the highest chance.
It was never going to be anything else really.
What I don’t understand is what does Laura Kane have to do with it?
There were 2 options available to MC, grade it as it has been or dismiss it as a football incident.

Multiple media outlets reporting Laura stepped in and laid the charges which suggest Christian took the second option and had dismissed it.

Also the only reason it takes the entire day to decide as there were only 2 options.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

If it's true Christian wasn't going to charge him because he believed it was a football accident then it's pretty scandalous.

Seems like a waste of time to me given precedent has already been set with the Duncan, Cripps and McCartin decisions.

Hopefully common sense prevails and Maynard receives a just outcome.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

^

Is she the person who graded it, released the press release, wrote it or typed the press release? Who is she?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
DT
Has liked: 1 time

Post by DT »

My view as a lawyer - Chrisso is 100% correct. It is not an event which could lead to a legal claim. Really poor by Kane (ex lawyer) in my view - shows poor leadership in not backing Chrisso.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Laura grew up barracking for Collingwood. And there ya go, wanting to prove she’s not biased. FFS
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Haff, read the AFL release mate
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

swoop42 wrote:If it's true Christian wasn't going to charge him because he believed it was a football accident then it's pretty scandalous.

Seems like a waste of time to me given precedent has already been set with the Duncan, Cripps and McCartin decisions.

Hopefully common sense prevails and Maynard receives a just outcome.
On which planet would that be? A just outcome for Collingwood? I can’t think of many over my 60 plus years of following them mate.
DT
Has liked: 1 time

Post by DT »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Laura grew up barracking for Collingwood. And there ya go, wanting to prove she’s not biased. FFS
I think she is taking an ultra defensive posture. I expect the Tribunal to rule not guilty.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

lazzadesilva wrote:Is she the person who graded it, released the press release, wrote it or typed the press release? Who is she?
New football boss replacing Brad Scott.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Laura grew up barracking for Collingwood. And there ya go, wanting to prove she’s not biased. FFS
Yeah right
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Dunno how she got the footy boss job, because North was a basket case when she was there.

Anyway, someone who has never played a game in their life overruled the MRO headed by someone who has.

And the added bonus is we’ll have the media circus being a pain in the arse for our preparation.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

eddiesmith wrote:New football boss replacing Brad Scott.
Thanks Eddiesmith. Do you know her football background?
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

And in the end,all she does is harm us and our premiership chances,but trying not to appear biased,