Pre-Match. Pies v. Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

That makes up for JDG for the most part, now can someone with the flu breathe on Stevic!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

piffdog wrote:Watched the presser and was reminded we’ll again play in the match of the round in front of a full MCG. Just another massive blockbuster for Collingwood eh?

Excuse the braggadocio, but win, lose or draw this is the best club in the land. Even though at times it’s frustrating when everything that happens is magnified by the media, ask yourself: would you rather follow anyone else?

Not. Bloody. Likely.
bumped for truth!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtP7rVmBh5T ... IxNA%3D%3D

It is reported that: The famous “Collingwoooood” chant was being blasted over the speakers as Melbourne players took the field for training this morning, and particularly during goal kicking practice.
Pep

Post by Pep »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CtP7rVmBh5T/?igshid=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA%3D%3D

It is reported that: The famous “Collingwoooood” chant was being blasted over the speakers as Melbourne players took the field for training this morning, and particularly during goal kicking practice.
We have got this competition rattled!!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Strange that a blister would get so badly infected it would keep you out of a game.I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that before.That’s the sort of bizarre injury that our players get,so it’s nice to see someone else get one for a change.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I love the slow long 'Collingwoooood' chant... It is our version of game over 'when the fat lady sings'.

Maybe Melbourne is practicing being losers.
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

doriswilgus wrote:Strange that a blister would get so badly infected it would keep you out of a game.I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that before.That’s the sort of bizarre injury that our players get,so it’s nice to see someone else get one for a change.
When you're a grub, it's easy for anything to get infected.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Just looked in the AFL website and couldn’t see the teams for Pies vs Melbourne. Are they out yet?
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
K
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

^ Nope.
K
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Wu, SMH:

Shots fired at Pies after Goodwin’s Grundy call

"Melbourne coach Simon Goodwin has fired a pointed barb at Collingwood ahead of Brodie Grundy’s first game against his former team, declaring the ruckman has come to a club that values him.

Goodwin stirred the pot at his pre-game press conference on Friday when he made three unprompted references to Grundy being better appreciated at the Demons than he was down the road at Magpies headquarters. Though he stopped short of saying Grundy’s work was not valued by the Pies, the inference was clear."
Piesnchess
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Rumour mill, Mason Cox has Covid ??????? Honestly, can we take a trick or what ????????? huge sigh.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

K wrote:Wu, SMH:

Shots fired at Pies after Goodwin’s Grundy call

"Melbourne coach Simon Goodwin has fired a pointed barb at Collingwood ahead of Brodie Grundy’s first game against his former team, declaring the ruckman has come to a club that values him.

Goodwin stirred the pot at his pre-game press conference on Friday when he made three unprompted references to Grundy being better appreciated at the Demons than he was down the road at Magpies headquarters. Though he stopped short of saying Grundy’s work was not valued by the Pies, the inference was clear."
Melbourne has resorted to psychological warfare. First they are playing the Collingwood chant at their training sessions (presumably to inure their players to a menacing environment) and now an attempt to rattle Fly. Sounds like they are lacking confidence about this game.
Goodwin to me has always seemed to be a guy more than willing to resort to low tactics.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Might be old news to some but saw references to Clayton Oliver being ruled out for the Fuchsias with an infected blister:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/olive ... 779fe48e5a

Oops just saw the previous page
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Just watching our win last year: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=brxmkbBCdpk

We were behind for most of the match. Fritsch and others playing well for Melbourne.

I forgot that glorious Pies goal from the last quarter. 2:16 remaining in the clock… a fantasy team goal. Has to be one of the best team goals by the Pies.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
David
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

stoliboy wrote:Just looked in the AFL website and couldn’t see the teams for Pies vs Melbourne. Are they out yet?
They’ll be out on Sunday evening, apparently. Otherwise, seeing who lines up for us in the VFL against Casey earlier that afternoon should give us some indication.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange