#38 Jeremy Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

A 4 year deal for Howe on $450,000 p.a is attractive enough to entice a player away from the disaster that is the Melbourne Football Club to the Pies. With no capable medium sized footballer he fits the bill perfectly and with better supply he could be that 35-40 goals a year player. Reckon big crowds would also bring out that "showman X factor" he seems to possess.

If the Seedsman trade can bring in a pick in the 20's I reckon the Dees would take it.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

When is 4 year deal for Howe on $450000 pa not attractive enough to entice a player away from the disaster that is the Melbourne Football Club to the Pies ?
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Not interested unless someone can convince me he has a fair tank. Forwards of his size need to be able to work up the ground to continually lend a hand and then get back to provide an option.
Maybe he can but he looks a bit stay at home from the times I have seen him play.
I still go back to B and F finishes at your club. If he hasn't been fairly consistant in top 10 finishes at that rabble, Im not sure if I would be paying $ 400 a season for him.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
BBHS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by BBHS »

Pass for mine unless he was cheap. Which it appears he will not be.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Pies4shaw wrote:Coventry was 183 cm.

McKenna was 191 cm.
Yes, but a different time, average height of the population has grown significantly even since McKenna. And they weren't great full forwards because of their height, they brought a whole lot more to the table.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Howe is not a KPP. He's a natural medium forward who wasn't getting the ball in the Melbourne forward line (surprise, surprise!), so was moved to the half back line where he has been more, or less, successful, since he was moved down back. Maybe now, Melbourne are thinking they have found better options than keeping him, so are prepared to trade him. If we are to get him, we would need to play him back in the forward line and that would be risky as he hasn't played in the forward line for a couple of years. Worth the risk, I think, because he has all the successful attributes to make it as a medium forward (good size, great mark and good kick).
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Stats suggest he's not a good kick for goal (worse accuracy than Cloke), but he would definitely bring something to our team, being a medium forward who can mark the ball (we don't have one on our list that can do this).
Well done boys!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Cloke had just about his worst season accuracy wise when we won in 2010. A few percent here or there on individual player's accuracy is less important than actually getting the ball in the first place. And Howe has had two accurate seasons (18-8 and 28-16). I don't think he's a particularly poor shot for goal, and I don't think his kicking would be a reason not to sign him.
Well done boys!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

We would have been better offering Jay Schulz two years ,Port are only giving him one!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

If we are paying ~$700 - $750k per season for Cloke than $450 - $500k is more than reasonable for Howe. Need to start recruiting footballers rather than athletes, Hine's argument that you can teach someone to kick no longer holds any water.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

makri wrote:If we are paying ~$700 - $750k per season for Cloke than $450 - $500k is more than reasonable for Howe. Need to start recruiting footballers rather than athletes, Hine's argument that you can teach someone to kick no longer holds any water.
Clearly Cloke is not someone. :wink:
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Cloke may actually prove Hine correct. His kicking has improved dramatically ;).
Well done boys!
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

AN_Inkling wrote: And Howe has had two accurate seasons (18-8 and 28-16). I don't think he's a particularly poor shot for goal, and I don't think his kicking would be a reason not to sign him.
Inky, not sure how much game time Howe is spending inside F50 at Melbourne, but those returns for the last two seasons should be matched by either Fasolo or Blair.
So I just can't see the value in adding another one-trick pony into our already dysfunctional clustercluck of a forward line.
And if they aren't matching those pedestrian returns, get rid of them.

I'd rather have Stevie J down there mopping up Cloke and White's continual spilled shit. And I don't really want him at the club either.

Dyso
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Apparently another meeting with him today according to SEN.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum