#41 Brody Mihocek

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

E

Post by E »

Albert Parker wrote:^Like

He played his role well. Think he gives us a lot more effort at ground level than Reid and his kicking was very good - both for goal and field kicking. I am not sure that Reid should be getting a game ahead of him in a hurry if he can maintain these characteristics. Melbourne will be a stiffer test this week for the entire team.
Reid (even at half speed), is a better option than Mihocek. The question is, will his body allow him even to be half speed?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

E wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:^Like

He played his role well. Think he gives us a lot more effort at ground level than Reid and his kicking was very good - both for goal and field kicking. I am not sure that Reid should be getting a game ahead of him in a hurry if he can maintain these characteristics. Melbourne will be a stiffer test this week for the entire team.
Reid (even at half speed), is a better option than Mihocek. The question is, will his body allow him even to be half speed?
I prefer Mihocek to Reid. He is far more powerful and mobile. Sure, he's not as tall as Reid, but with fewer tall power defenders, this is not so important, especially while Cox is there to attract 2 tall defenders.
themonk

Re: Brody Mihocek

Post by themonk »

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Maggie51

Post by Maggie51 »

RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Whether Mihocek becomes a successful AFL player or not, only time will tell. But seriously, how anyone here can even contemplate us dropping him after his 4 goal debut is mind boggling. I'm sure some of you are taking the piss. :roll:
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

not time will tell.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:Whether Mihocek becomes a successful AFL player or not, only time will tell. But seriously, how anyone here can even contemplate us dropping him after his 4 goal debut is mind boggling. I'm sure some of you are taking the piss. :roll:
If Reid was fit and firing and had missed the week through suspension rather than injury, I'd more than contemplate it.

However, Reid is not fit and firing and there's no value rushing him back 1 week before the bye when Mihocek did such a good job first up. So for mine, him playing is a no brainer. He's a blue collar player, just stick to the process and that's all he needs to do. If he doesn't kick the goals he'll help create them.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Maggie51

Post by Maggie51 »

RudeBoy wrote:Whether Mihocek becomes a successful AFL player or not, only time will tell. But seriously, how anyone here can even contemplate us dropping him after his 4 goal debut is mind boggling. I'm sure some of you are taking the piss. :roll:
Exactly. Talk about a bunch of pessimists. If they can't get excited about that debut, I give up.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Maggie51 wrote:
Exactly. Talk about a bunch of pessimists. If they can't get excited about that debut, I give up.
It has nothing to do with Reid, the kid played a great game and we would be insane to drop any player after their debut, let alone a wonderful debut.
E

Post by E »

themonk wrote:
Maggie51 wrote:
It has nothing to do with Reid, the kid played a great game and we would be insane to drop any player after their debut, let alone a wonderful debut.
So consensus seems to be you all want Mihocek to get another game (its officially a love story at this point). I think Reid's health will make this entire debate moot (since it doesnt look like he is fit to return).
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It doesn't actually matter what the consensus is on Nick's - Mihocek certainly gets the next game. It is beyond (sensible) debate.

The jury remains out; one swallow doesn't make a summer; etc etc. But he gets game two against Melbourne.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

Pies4shaw wrote:It doesn't actually matter what the consensus is on Nick's - Mihocek certainly gets the next game. It is beyond (sensible) debate.

The jury remains out; one swallow doesn't make a summer; etc etc. But he gets game two against Melbourne.
Not only does he 'get the next game'.... he gets named at CHF 8)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Which is where he was named last week.....and from where he kicked 4 goals. 8)
E

Post by E »

1 over the back goal and 3 junk time goals against Fremantle in Melbourne.

Think you guys will get a reality check soon.

having said that, I'm super happy for the guy. worked his butt off for this opportunity.