#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

glasseyevfx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by glasseyevfx »

He seems to win a lot of taps but we only occasionally win the ball - is that just me or is there some teamwork missing?
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

We talk about wanting X factor. Mason has the potential to be that. Unlike any other player in the league including Sandliands, he is someone that no other team can match up on. Keep improving his game awareness, touch and add a bit of hardness to him and we have a genuine ace in our hand.
kymbo
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

For our last game next week, I'd rest Reid - who looks buggered and failed to have any impact yesterday - and play Cox up forward as the resting ruckman changing with Grundy.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

RudeBoy wrote:For our last game next week, I'd rest Reid - who looks buggered and failed to have any impact yesterday - and play Cox up forward as the resting ruckman changing with Grundy.
Agree.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Can you tell me any gossip?
Kill for Collingwood

Post by Kill for Collingwood »

I agree and said so last night on Cats comments thread.
Because of their versatility I reckon there is room for Cox Grundy Moore.
First 2 forward and Moore back/everywhere like his father was. Cox size makes him almost unbeatable if he can keep holding his marks. And can slot them!!!!!
Woodsman
Cruisinwithdids

Post by Cruisinwithdids »

Cox is showing some real promise with his marking and goal kicking.

His ruck work is good but he probably still needs to learn more about where to place the ball when he gets first hand on it. He also appears to not be able to run games out yet. Hopefully those two things can be improved with experience. Good improvement in 2017, but not sure how he and Grundy fit in the same team?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Cruisinwithdids wrote:Cox is showing some real promise with his marking and goal kicking.

His ruck work is good but he probably still needs to learn more about where to place the ball when he gets first hand on it. He also appears to not be able to run games out yet. Hopefully those two things can be improved with experience. Good improvement in 2017, but not sure how he and Grundy fit in the same team?
He'll only make it for us if he can become a forward who helps out in the ruck, as Grundy will be our number one ruck for another 7-8 years.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Genuine question: is it easier to learn to ruck or be a key forward?
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by stui magpie »

dalyc wrote:Genuine question: is it easier to learn to ruck or be a key forward?
Easier to learn ruck, definitely.

I think Cox shows some talent at both. I'd like to see him played as a key forward who takes most of the centre bounces, with Grundy either playing as a midfielder or just outside the square ready to bowl in.

Cox is a better centre square ruck, Grundy offers more around the ground, Cox is a better key forward.

Play to their talents FFS
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Cox was good on Saturday showed he is worth keeping , it would be nice when he goes forward that he gets to stay in the 50 instead of this stupid soccer press that we seem to play which often screws up.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
bally12

Post by bally12 »

1st quarter, ball spills out to Dangerfield on the member's wing, with clear space in front of him. Danger tucks the ball under his arm and goes for a sprint.
Cox was the closest Pie and started the chase 15m behind him. I thought this might be funny and embarrassing both at same time. To my surprise the big man showed he could actually sprint and with good form and pace. Although there was no catching Danger, he didn't lose ground on him, and put pressure on his disposal.

If Cox continues to work on his agility and power over 20-30m in the preseason, we have a real weapon on our hands.
Well done big man...doing great so far.
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 166 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Let's just hope Mason Cox manager thinks like we all do on here.
Very quickly, he is becoming a desirable commodity in the market place.

.....just saying.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

Magpietothemax wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:For our last game next week, I'd rest Reid - who looks buggered and failed to have any impact yesterday - and play Cox up forward as the resting ruckman changing with Grundy.
Agree.
Yeah, then he'll crack the sads again, like the other sook, and either request a trade or retire.

But I find myself starting to acquire an insatiable appetite for Big Cox! :o
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Herald sun reporting that both Richmond and Hawthorn are circling Mason Cox. I hope we are not facing a Jarrod Witts scenario where Cox starts to look for more opportunity elsewhere due to insufficient game time with us as a second ruck option behind Brodie. We need to find a way to establish an independent role for him in our senior team and quickly convince him of our firm intent to do so, before he gets tempted away by opposition vultures bearing gifts and promises