The 2024 Copeland (Friday, October 4)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpie Russ
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: The 2024 Copeland (Friday, October 4)

Post by Magpie Russ »

I went to one of those glitzy Collingwood shindigs a few years back (I was gifted an invitation), that was a fund raising exercise. Very Eddie.
Anyway the way BT talked to the crowd it was surprising, the language he used, as he berated the crowd for not bidding. I remember catching his eye as he said what he said, I must have looked shocked, did not bat an eyelid... it was like 'it is what it is'...

I often wonder why we need BT there every year. Does he do it for free?
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Pies2016 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:20 am Would appear Collingwood certainly rate Lipinski higher than some on Nicks.
He was sixth in his first year at the club, missed half the season in his second and then finished seventh in 2024. He’s a bit vanilla but he’s a two way runner and plays his role very well … obviously.
qldmagpie67 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:10 pm Obviously we vote on what we see as the game unfolds but what we aren’t aware of is the roles the coach assigns to players
Hence the final votes for Lipinski
Yeah, but... (And this comment isn't about Lippa. It's about the voting.)

B&F voting isn't all about performance. It always felt like they rewarded effort too. (Remember how some media folks groused about Licca winning ahead of Bucks.)

But now the Pies have made the voting system public, and at least 1, maybe more, of the 4 categories is effort-based, not performance-based. Only the last is def. purely performance-based.

"Each coach is asked to award votes to every player in the game's 23-player team. Each player will receive a vote 0 – 4 on the following four categories; 1. Pressure, 2. Fight, 3. Territory, 4. Role / Impact. The maximum number of votes a player can receive per round is 64 votes."
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

Really interesting to see the voting criteria - goes a long way to explaining how the coaches view the team things. Fly often talks about the GPS numbers which is another effort related measure.
I think therefore I think - I think