Adams trade to Sydney ~ all comments

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Simply_Brutal
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Simply_Brutal »

magpieazza wrote:I was sure Adams was getting better in his disposal by foot even his goal scoring was really good this year.
If we only get a second rounder for Adams I would keep him on.
I realise a second rounder for him is about the right market value but I would rather someone who knows our system, who is hungry for a flag and gives is all to Collingwood.
I was surprised when his name popped up for trade possibility and I thought if he wasnt injured he would have got his minutes in midfield.
He played plenty of footy in 23 and would be managed through the year next year to get to finals in good nick.
I say keep him unless he actually wants to leave.
Some could make the argument that hanging on to aging, injury-prone “stars” is a dangerous pathway. I’d bet West Coast regret it.

The salary cap relief alone is worth it considering we have ready made replacements. Moving him on enables other movements and additions.

It would be unrealistic and insulting for us to expect him to take a massive pay cut, so him moving on is a nice result for all parties. Yes it would be great for him to play out his career here, but the fact is in order for the team to remain relevant and strong, it must happen.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Turn Adam’s into the best available big fwd. That will be the shizen!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

It’s been said he has toured Sydney facilities
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

piffdog wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote: there goes the season and chances of going back to back.
please...
If we don't have a quality inside mid like Mitchell or Adams getting the ball out to our distributors then our game plan suffers big time, you can't rely on De Goey as the only player winning hard ball gets
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Looking at Sydney’s list I’m not sure there is a suitable key forward or forward at the Swans.

Might be able to get a draft pick we can package for someone else at another Club.

Or fill another list need from someone at the Swans.

Freeing up cap space could also be good.

But it does feel weird if we are in a short premiership window giving him up.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

OK, they get Tay, and we get Papley, deal done. straight swap.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Third round swap pick is the most they will offer, maybe a future pick 2nd or 3rd swap as a bonus if we lucky
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Naicos and Fin, and even Ginnivan who said he would like to develop as a defensive Mid.

These guys will spend progressively more time in the middle, and Tay, at 28 has had his midfield time reduced already. The writing is on the wall.

For what I have seen of young Ginnivan since his recall, Me thinks a solid and aerobically fit Ginnivan could surprise, and could develop into a gun left field replacement.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:OK, they get Tay, and we get Papley, deal done. straight swap.
I would feel nauseous (using polite language) if we ever even considered to get Papley, after the smug little a&#..le posed for gloating photographs after last year's Prelim and the non-free kick against him to Moore which cost us a spot in last year's GF.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Born to Pie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:These guys will spend progressively more time in the middle, and Tay, at 28 has had his midfield time reduced already. The writing is on the wall.
Mate Tay Adams is 30, DOB 20 SEP 1993. And repeat soft tissue injuries for sport beyond that age can easily become career ending. I agree that if he wants to go, he should go with our thanks and blessing, and we at least get something in return while he still has currency.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

If Wrighty thinks it's best for him to go, then so be it. Not about to question his strategy considering what has been achieved over the last two years
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Piesnchess wrote:OK, they get Tay, and we get Papley, deal done. straight swap.
Hell no.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
ChatGPT

Post by ChatGPT »

Whether Collingwood should trade Taylor Adams would depend on several factors, which may have evolved since my last update. Here are some considerations that could influence such a decision:

Player's Performance: Collingwood would assess Taylor Adams' recent performance, injury history, and his role within the team. If he is performing well and is a key contributor, the club may be less inclined to trade him.

Contract Status: The terms and length of Adams' contract would be a crucial factor. If his contract is expiring soon, Collingwood may consider whether to extend his contract or trade him to get value in return.

Team Needs: Collingwood's assessment of its current roster and the specific needs of the team would play a significant role. If there are areas where the team needs to strengthen, they may consider trades that address those needs.

Trade Offers: The club would also evaluate any trade offers they receive for Taylor Adams. If they receive attractive offers that benefit the team's long-term goals, they might be more inclined to trade him.

Long-Term Strategy: The club's long-term strategic plan and vision for the future would also influence their decision. If Adams fits into their long-term plans, they may keep him; if not, they might explore trade options.

Salary Cap Considerations: Salary cap constraints can impact a club's ability to retain or trade players. Collingwood would assess whether keeping or trading Adams aligns with their salary cap management.

Player's Wishes: Taylor Adams' own preferences and desires would be considered. If he expresses a desire to stay or leave the club, it can influence the decision.

Fan and Stakeholder Expectations: The opinions and expectations of fans and stakeholders can sometimes be a factor in such decisions, though they should not be the sole determinant.
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

makri wrote:If Wrighty thinks it's best for him to go, then so be it. Not about to question his strategy considering what has been achieved over the last two years
That’s pretty much my attitude. It’s a brave supporter or poster who is prepared to criticise any upcoming trade decisions, given the outcomes of both our trades in and out over the last couple years.
It’s almost like the season goes a month too long for Adams in recent times. Id suggest his loads could be managed to peak him closer to the end of the season, so I consider him far from a lost cause when it comes to his recent injury issues.
I suspect ultimately it will come down to whether Adams is prepared to continue with his modified role at Collingwood or not. If he’s not enjoying that half forward time, then it’s probably best for both parties to facilitate a trade. And given that Mitchell just finished fourth in the Copeland, Adams won’t be pushing him out of the guts anytime soon.
Last edited by Pies2016 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

It used to be "in Hines we trust!
It is now "In Wright we win"!