#41 Brody Mihocek

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

good work Brody. Brings a lot to the table. He reminds me of Stan the man to look at. Hope we get as much good footy out of him which could well happen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodsmen rule
Sore loser

Post by Sore loser »

Brody Mihocek reminds me of Phil Carman!!!! If he is half as good as Fabulous Phil.............
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Took about 3 contested marks he wasn't paid due to free kicks to him or a teammate, kicked beautifully, good size and accurate shot for goal.

Very early days, but looks like he will be a great addition up forward.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
E

Post by E »

oh god. Seriously??? Played well on debut, but we are so quick to overrate good games from players for whom we have zero expectations. Anyone remember Murray????? Anyone remember Athas Hrysoulakis.
Donny
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Donny »

Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

E wrote:oh god. Seriously??? Played well on debut, but we are so quick to overrate good games from players for whom we have zero expectations. Anyone remember Murray????? Anyone remember Athas Hrysoulakis.
He did everything we wanted, played within his limitations and had a very good 1st game.

I don't think he's likely to do that every week, if he had that level of ability he would have been picked up years ago.

I'd describe him as a good solid workhorse. Someone who will compete, follow the game plan and give you consistent effort without ever being brilliant.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

All We Can Be
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

FFS people's can't we simply rejoice at the fantastic debut of a player who has waited 7 yrs for his chance?

Well done Brody.
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

Don't know if you can judge him off one game against Freo, but he did what he needed to do. Used the ball well, took a couple of contested marks, made smart decisions with the ball. Can't ask for much more. Guys like that don't need a lot of possessions to be good players.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

Sore loser wrote:Brody Mihocek reminds me of Phil Carman!!!! If he is half as good as Fabulous Phil.............
Stick a big bushy stash on him and i see it too
Get back on top.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Donny wrote:http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-06-04/tears-shed-over-longawaited-debut
Great story, lovely video. Thanks for posting Donny.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
E

Post by E »

stui magpie wrote:
E wrote:oh god. Seriously??? Played well on debut, but we are so quick to overrate good games from players for whom we have zero expectations. Anyone remember Murray????? Anyone remember Athas Hrysoulakis.
He did everything we wanted, played within his limitations and had a very good 1st game.

I don't think he's likely to do that every week, if he had that level of ability he would have been picked up years ago.

I'd describe him as a good solid workhorse. Someone who will compete, follow the game plan and give you consistent effort without ever being brilliant.
its great to have such a competent back up. He is a big man version of Blair. Does everything right. always ready to go. Will give you a chance even when your better player isnt playing.

By the way, Blair is a premiership player, and there are many players who fit this mold who are premiership players.

The key for him is to play his role, as you say. It looks like he is the consummate team man so its very likely that he will.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Yep. What wins premierships aren't the stars (although they help). it's the quality of your bottom 6 players.

In 2010 we had quality players sitting in the stands because younger blokes had pushed past them, At the moment, our bottom 6 is looking pretty damn good. Mihocek may be one of them, or he may be in the stands come September, but if he can consistently apply that same level of role based effort, he'll do well
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Maggie51

Re: Brody Mihocek

Post by Maggie51 »

Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

^Like

He played his role well. Think he gives us a lot more effort at ground level than Reid and his kicking was very good - both for goal and field kicking. I am not sure that Reid should be getting a game ahead of him in a hurry if he can maintain these characteristics. Melbourne will be a stiffer test this week for the entire team.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership