#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

In Hine we trust 🇺🇸
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

Damien wrote:In Hine we trust 🇺🇸
Based on results this saying is ludicrous. One would argue to recruit Graeme wright and then "In Wright We Trust" would be fitting. We are not better or worse than 8 other clubs at present.
Buon Giorno
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

And our lack of a dominant ruck is hurting us this year, I hope this changes in the near future.
Buon Giorno
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Big T wrote:And our lack of a dominant ruck is hurting us this year, I hope this changes in the near future.
Well Grundy and Witts are doing a Fantastic Job for 2 Kids
I am Da Man
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Are they exactly the same?
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

I'm with Bally 12
Kicking is the most important skill for any player, regardless of position.
He 's coming from too far back in the pack from that skill alone to be worth considering.
Don't forget Martin Pyke was a rugby player with serious muscle. This guy is not in the same ball park with physique.
Move on. Let some other club draft him if they want to be cute.
woodsmen rule
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

uncanny wrote:I'm with Bally 12
He 's coming from too far back in the pack from that skill alone to be worth considering.
Don't forget Martin Pyke was a rugby player with serious muscle. This guy is not in the same ball park with physique.
He's 10 feet taller than pyke though, and he can jump higher, and he's much faster, it all comes down to attitude IMO, he's going to have to cram like he's never crammed before, but if he's up for it why not give him a go.

But I wouldn't bet against him going home with tail firmly between legs after his first serious game, it's easy showing off amongst friendly foes, not so against those who want to hurt you.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
loki04

Post by loki04 »

Defender wrote:
He's 10 feet taller than pyke though, and he can jump higher, and he's much faster, it all comes down to attitude IMO, he's going to have to cram like he's never crammed before, but if he's up for it why not give him a go.

He has elite speed for a 211cm giant but considering there is only a few players near that height to compare to it's a moot point.

3 seconds for the 20m is not elite compared to smaller players times, it's elite for his Height. There is a difference.

According to Sydney Pyke is actually quite quick a few years ago was their quickest tall iirc.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

Defender wrote:

He has elite speed for a 211cm giant but considering there is only a few players near that height to compare to it's a moot point.

3 seconds for the 20m is not elite compared to smaller players times, it's elite for his Height. There is a difference.

According to Sydney Pyke is actually quite quick a few years ago was their quickest tall iirc.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
Culprit
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

His salary is not in the cap, it's not as if we can't afford it. Give him a go. If we can keep Marty Clarke on the list I am all for the Septic to be on it.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Defender wrote:Even if he doesn't make it, it's still worth doing, I'm sure elite AFL coaches are still in the dark ages in training green horns, the more we do it the more we'll learn, I think all our coaches would have learnt a thing or 2 when coaching Shae, I'm sure they made mistakes and would probably do things a little differently if given the same opportunity again, they'll make mistake this time as well, but the more we experiment the more we'll learn.
And conversely, it promotes the game in the US. As people say our game is foreign to 99+% of them but the more Yanks playing the game here the more likely some young kids will pick up a footy and kick it around. Slow progress is better than no progress.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Culprit wrote:His salary is not in the cap, it's not as if we can't afford it. Give him a go. If we can keep Marty Clarke on the list I am all for the Septic to be on it.
Exactly right. What does it matter? If he makes it, bonus; if he doesn't, so be it..... :roll:
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I think people need to realise that these yanks draft combine results need to be taken with a table spoon of salt, they are being compared to the AFL draft combine results and our draft combine is for 18 year olds, these guys are grown men so of course their results are going to look impressive in comparison.

Shits me when I hear yank A has a verticals leap as good as nicnats, or runs the 3K quicker than Sidebottom etc etc, pretty sure NicNat and Sidders would smash their own results if they were retested now as well.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Pyke at least played Rugby so can take a hit.

This kid will get smashed to pieces, he needs to talk to Sandford Wheeler!