Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I smoked a bit of grass in my salad youth days, but that was it, never went near amphetimines or uppers, downers. Coke and Heroin was too expensive back in the day, only Rock stars could afford that. Hard drugs is a no no, I do think grass should be legalised, and tax it, or grow six plants in ones backyard, but hard drugs, is a big NO way Jose, from me.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

stui magpie wrote:To be clear, I'm a fan of Ginnivan, I love what the kid brings. Young people can do dumb things, deal with it and move on.
That's what I am thinking as well, hopefully he'll learn from this and move on and grow from it...Fingers crossed.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Let’s trade him while we can get some good coin for him. Zero tolerance of drugs must be enforced like the great nations of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, China. Note they don’t have the same social issues we do. Citizens are disciplined and focused. Their militaries are more powerful and command global respect like we used to. What about the Anzacs? AFL players should think of their sacrifices before they chose to snort crap. Any Collingwood player who takes drugs must be sacked immediately in the future. I’d also buy them a one way ticket to Beijing for rehab .
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by What'sinaname »

The Prototype wrote:
stui magpie wrote:To be clear, I'm a fan of Ginnivan, I love what the kid brings. Young people can do dumb things, deal with it and move on.
That's what I am thinking as well, hopefully he'll learn from this and move on and grow from it...Fingers crossed.
I hope he’s kicking himself watching Reef and Hill in the Praccy Game.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

What'sinaname wrote:I hope he’s kicking himself watching Reef and Hill in the Praccy Game.
I hope so as well. I hope he enjoys watching Hill in the first two games as well, and sees his actions have consequences.

I still like Ginnivan, just though he's a bit of a dickhead. But that's what being young can be so hopefully he learns.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Reminder, this thread is about Jack Ginnivan. Before the thread subject drifts off-piste, if you'd like to share your view, or even an informed opinion on drugs in society, Nicks BB's very own local, Victoria Park Tavern welcomes all.

viewforum.php?f=7

And I'm pretty sure the VPT still has a smoking lounge.

LH on behalf of BBMods
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Hiss wrote:Let’s trade him while we can get some good coin for him. Zero tolerance of drugs must be enforced like the great nations of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, China. Note they don’t have the same social issues we do. Citizens are disciplined and focused. Their militaries are more powerful and command global respect like we used to. What about the Anzacs? AFL players should think of their sacrifices before they chose to snort crap. Any Collingwood player who takes drugs must be sacked immediately in the future. I’d also buy them a one way ticket to Beijing for rehab .
∆ one of your best.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

pietillidie wrote:
Apparently, KFC were furious:

"Listen, Craig. That's why we included an exclusivity clause. There can only be one Special K in this deal associated with increased morbidity, healthcare burden and morally dubious supply chains."
:lol: :lol: Very humorous, as well as being spot on.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

lazzadesilva wrote: The Collingwood brand and army will always attract sponsorship because of our huge following and popularity. We are in the much stronger position on this issue.
Thought provoking comment. Thanks. I've never viewed sponsorship this way, but I find it encouraging to think that we, the Collingwood army, might just have some power after all!!
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

PyreneesPie wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote: The Collingwood brand and army will always attract sponsorship because of our huge following and popularity. We are in the much stronger position on this issue.
Thought provoking comment. Thanks. I've never viewed sponsorship this way, but I find it encouraging to think that we, the Collingwood army, might just have some power after all!!
Collingwood fans aren't fickle. This means that we can be exploited knowing full well we will pay up next year and beyond. Watch this space with the reserved seating issue.

We're like car drivers. Rego keeps going up to fund things like bike lanes and less parking but the Government knows car drivers will just grumble but always pay.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

LaurieHolden wrote:
Hiss wrote:Let’s trade him while we can get some good coin for him. Zero tolerance of drugs must be enforced like the great nations of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, China. Note they don’t have the same social issues we do. Citizens are disciplined and focused. Their militaries are more powerful and command global respect like we used to. What about the Anzacs? AFL players should think of their sacrifices before they chose to snort crap. Any Collingwood player who takes drugs must be sacked immediately in the future. I’d also buy them a one way ticket to Beijing for rehab .
∆ one of your best.
Either you or Hiss (possibly both) need to drug tested I reckon if you can get Hiss off the Corio ****
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

People’s reaction to Ginnivan is way OTT.
Give the kid a break FFS.
He made a mistake, accepted responsibility & owned up to it,
He’s paying his penalty.
He’ll be a walk up start right after he’s paid his penalty as he should be.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

watt price tully wrote:People’s reaction to Ginnivan is way OTT.
Give the kid a break FFS.
He made a mistake, accepted responsibility & owned up to it,
He’s paying his penalty.
He’ll be a walk up start right after he’s paid his penalty as he should be.
Returning Round 3 against the Tigers will be interesting. He's gunna cop a lot of shit.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 140 times

Post by stui magpie »

If he plays round 3 against the Tigers (and he should) pencil him in for 3 goals.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 166 times

Post by Pies2016 »

So apparently Jack didn’t come back in particularly good shape after the Xmas break. Not sure we will see him as early as some might think, particularly if the club were to get off to a good start without him.
Hopefully, it’s all just part of a very steep learning curve for the kid.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “