Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Collingwouldn't wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:Latest news is that Moore and DeGoey are both recovering very well and will resume with the rest of the team when they come back in Jan.
Maynard and Lipinski are also on track for full training in the new year, while Adams has continued to improve in line with his rehab program.
Slightly different tact but still around training, I’m hearing Hill is ripping it up at training and Quaynor is the big improver on the fitness KPIs.
... Um, we kinda need these guys NOW, in September. What are they, cricketers?
Where are you dragging this post from. It’s a pre season post before the 2023 season even started. Least the mail was good. You’re welcome.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Last guy we could afford to lose really
Big games are win by pressure and winning the ball down and dirty
Adams is that man for us
He’s the spiritual leader of this team has been for years
Yeah people will bang on his disposal isn’t great well you know what he ain’t alone we’ve got plenty of ball users who aren’t great
Career eff disposal by foot is 62.4% Sidey is 63.8% so he’s basically the same as Sidey by foot yet people says Sidey is a elite kick go figure
We will need to bring in a inside mid with a bigger body
Mitchell can’t carry the workload and Pendles is wasted doing it and we don’t want Nick D on the bottom of every pack
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

It’s a bad loss, but since it happened in a pretty innocuous incident, you’d have to imagine it was waiting to happen, and better it happen now than in a big game. Poor Tay has seemed really prone to soft tissue injuries by season’s end.

All teams are missing key players at this time of year. I am confident others can step up.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

^Qld: who do you propose that we should bring in to compensate the loss of Adams? I don't think we have anyone we genuinely can - surely we can't play any of Carmichael, Finn McCrae, McInnes etc after almost no senior game time this year?
Covering for the loss of Adams will be shared across our group of mids, conceivably perhaps even with Bruzzy ploughing through the midfield as well.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Post by warburton lad »

Disappointed for Adams- as reported above, he seems to suffer soft tissue injuries toward the end of seasons...

Assuming we are in finals next year, perhaps he could be 'Managed' prior to next year's finals...??

In terms of next weekend, I would assume that McCreery, Lipinski, Crisp and Elliott might get some midfield time next week. I would be hesitant to bring in McCrae or Carmichael (McInnes is injured)

Nick Daicos is far quicker than Adams, but it is his kicking that will be a huge upgrade.

Out: Adams (Inj)
In: Nick Daicos

Sub (Ginnivan)
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Last guy we could afford to lose really
We will need to bring in a inside mid with a bigger body
Looks like Travis Boak might be a DFA this week?
Free being the operative word...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

The Collingwood Football Club confirms Vice Captain Taylor Adams suffered a low-grade hamstring strain during Friday’s training session which will see him unavailable for the upcoming Preliminary Final.

General Manager of Football Graham Wright expressed the Club's disappointment in the timing of Adams' injury.

"It's unfortunate to confirm that Taylor Adams has sustained a low-grade hamstring strain during our training session held yesterday evening,” Wright said.

“Taylor has been an integral part of our midfield this season, and while it's disappointing for him and the team that he won't be available for the upcoming Preliminary Final, the positive is that it is only a minor strain.

“Our medical staff are working closely with Taylor who will immediately commence rehabilitation on his left hamstring.”

Collingwood will provide a further update on Adams’ progress and recovery in the coming days.

Source:
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... ams-update
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Update from Jarrod Waite is that Adams’ hamstring is “is less than 1” on the 1-3 grade of severity and he was running again yesterday, which is very unusual. :shock:

Best they do not take the risk, I’d imagine, but augurs well if we make if through to the following week.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

If the GF was this Saturday, he would play imo.

If there is no next week, medication would get him through if it for example got inflamed during the GF.

---

BYW, anyone remember Mickey McGuane's kick at Vic Park after he got an injection ? Hilarious, I was on the fence, and he was running through the middle right in front of me.. We had a great view of the kicking action... or non kicking action'' his leg sort of went limp as he tried to kick through the ball.

My mate and I turned to each other and said 'what was that'?

Ahh.. just another great Vic Park memory lol
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

Charlie Oneeye wrote: BYW, anyone remember Mickey McGuane's kick at Vic Park after he got an injection ?
Hilarious, I was on the fence, and he was running through the middle right in front of me..
We had a great view of the kicking action... or non kicking action'' his leg sort of went limp as he tried to kick through the ball.

My mate and I turned to each other and said 'what was that'?

Ahh.. just another great Vic Park memory lol
Vs Adelaide 1994 IIRC? I missed the game, as I was playing VAFA B-grade reserves for a while there.
Yeah, so the groin injection threw his coordination out by a split second; it happened what three times early in that game?!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Collingwood’s Head of High Performance Jarrod Wade has provided an injury update ahead of Friday night’s Preliminary Final against the GWS Giants at the MCG.

Midfielder Taylor Adams suffered a low-grade hamstring injury during training on Friday and has subsequently been ruled out of the clash with the Giants.

Wade said that while unfortunate timing, there is optimism that Adams’ injury isn’t too severe.

“Taylor Adams as reported over the weekend he just came out of a contest and was a little bit tight in his hamstring,” he said.

“He didn’t complete any more of the training session and on Friday night we were able to go get scans and assessments on that hamstring over the weekend and it’s recovered really, really well so far.

“It’s on the very minor end, obviously these hamstrings get graded one, two and three and it’s even somewhere less than a one.

“He’s got some soreness over the weekend but that’s all settled and he’s actually been able to start running this week which is really quickly post injury, which is a really good sign.”

Midfielder Nick Daicos’ knee injury has progressed well after increased loads at training, meaning he will be available for selection this week.

“Nick Daicos has been working away in rehab for the last five or six weeks and was able to complete some of the match simulation last Friday night,” Wade said.

“He got about 25 minutes done of full match simulation, so that’s contact, that’s everything and he wasn’t restricted all in that.

“He’ll complete a full session of training this week. We’re not expecting any hiccups with Nick and he’s been responding to each session better every time we’ve given him more load.”

Forward Reef McInnes has been managing a shoulder injury for the past two weeks but has progressed to the stage where he is available to play.

“He’s been missing some of our match sim for the past two or three weeks,” Wade said.

“It was that last VFL final he copped a really significant knock on his shoulder and had that S-C joint injury.

“He’s been working away through rehab, making sure he’s getting stronger in that area and he’s at the point now where he got to complete the match simulation on Friday.”

Forward Ash Johnson’s season is over following a broken arm in the VFL Elimination Final, however Wade said he wouldn’t require surgery.

“He had that broken arm that’s kept him pretty limited for a couple of weeks with pain,” he said.

“No surgery required so at the moment he’s completing a running program to set himself up for his off-season.

“There will be no long-term issues for Ash but he’s got that broken arm at the moment so he’s unavailable.”

Will Kelly’s season is also over after he had surgery on his wrist.

“He was struggling throughout the year at different times with a wrist injury and he’s gone and had a very minor operation,” Wade said.

“That’s season ending for him, so he’s unavailable for selection for the rest of this season but there’s no long-term effects of that.”

Source :
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... nary-final
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I expect Adams will be right to go, should/when we make the GF. Even as a sub.
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Not sure he'd make a good sub.

Want someone explosive or with X factor for the sub.
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^ ^ ^
The problem with picking a sub who is not close to 100 % fit at the time, is that you’re potentially asking for trouble if that player is required come on very early in the game. If he’s fully fit and for some reason was then made the sub, then so be it.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Post by warburton lad »

Anyone suggesting that a player with a query over a hamstring injury should view the tape of the 2022 Grand Final and assess the input/value of playing Sam Reid.

May not have cost the Swans the flag, but certainly did not help.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...