Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?

Two or more weeks and season done
16%
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
74%

Total votes: 96

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Extended discussion with the biomechanist here:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4IdSubALcVdMsdValBHxr5
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

[quote="doriswilgus"]I’m still wondering did Maynard’s flowers end up in a vase at the Brayshaw house,and whether Melbourne are still filthy and seething,and disgusted at the words coming out of Collingwood’s mouth,according to Melbourne spokesperson Caroline Wilson?

Honestly,I can’t believe how a so called journalist could allow herself to become a mouth piece for the gripes of a football club,which were purely designed to get a player suspended at the tribunal,regardless of the facts.

But that’s Carro for you.When she gets on that mighty high horse of hers,all the facts and reason go out the window,as she relentlessly pursues her greatest hate of all,the Collingwood football club.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

David wrote:Extended discussion with the biomechanist here:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4IdSubALcVdMsdValBHxr5
Very strange to use that kind of description, which is obvious anyway, but...
the bio-mechanist was an important cog of the defense and gave a well-oiled argument.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Goodwin is a hack, can't believe he still has a senior gig.

If he lived in any other Country in the world, he would have starved to death long ago.

He is a fraud, a complete fraud.
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Kind of over the Melbourne fans and the whole club now sooking about this all the time and its like they are choking on their cheese.

Im done with them full stop and hope the Blues roll them friday night.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Rule changes at end of year. I’m hearing they’re filthy Maynard was cleared, the three stooges wanted a suspension.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/an- ... 5e494.html
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

The Demon filth have crossed the line and the next time we meet I hope we flog them.

On what planet do they think Maynard had any bad intentions. Why would they revoke Bruzs attempt to apologise.

The Demons have no class no respect no dignity and no common sense. They really are a shiteful club.

Goodwin needs an uppercut on that fat chin of his.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

I know this has been done to death, but.....

The outrage and bile being spat by Melbourne, their coach, their supporters and anyone else who hates Collingwood, is absolute madness.
If the shoe was on the other foot they would definitely want the charge thrown out. It's anti Collingwood. It's anti football.
No doubt, anyone who wanted Bruz suspended hate Collingwood.
It's like Maynard king hit Brayshaw.

Ok, imagine if May had the same collision with Daicos. Exactly the same scenario. Would Deeeeeeeees supporters say, 'Oh no, that's a bad act. Yep, we will miss him in a prelim and maybe GF, but he should be suspended.

Nope.

Goodwin has no class. Absolute sook with double standards.
I get he's upset, but pathetic comments by him.

I hate that Brayshaw got knocked out. We all do.
I hope he's fine and recovers quickly and well.

Footy is footy. People get hurt. It was and accident. It was unfortunate.

Bruz and his 1% ers are a thing to behold.
It's why he's my favourite player.

Go Pies!!
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 312 times

Post by Jezza »

Anyone else just drained at this point?

It’s been non-stop coverage for the past 6 days. I’ve almost forgotten we won a QF.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

Definitely Jezza.

And not one mention of the impact of this on Bruzzys mental health. Some of the opinions expressed by the media and on social media have been disgraceful.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Goodwin would have been sacked ages ok as Williams’s is the brains of that outfit
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Suppress the Smother?

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

I'm not sure what rule changes they are looking at but if you ask me, the smother is already dying! I think the modern day player is too scared to be 'ankle broken' by a baulk and then fabled by a meme!

Most players with the ball don't really expect an opponent to dive across their boot whilst they're about to kick the footy and sometimes they just hold on to it for too long.

Take a look at the 18min:20sec mark of the 1st quarter and if that was Tyson Goldsack as opposed to Bobby Hill, Brayshaw would've needed an uber earlier! I'm not saying its his fault, but there is history!!.... Just like Van Rooyen causing malicious damage followed by showing remorse.
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Are there any games this week end?With all the hullabaloo over the Maynard incident,you’d swear there were no finals on this week end.The whole coverage has been ridiculously over the top,and I’m sure most of it is due to the fact that it involved. a Collingwood player.Could you imagine this sort of rage from the football world if it involved a GWS player?No,of course not.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

A fair bit of commentary (including social media) is coming from people who don’t follow footy and just hate Collingwood ‘because’.

FWIW, AFL statement:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 445e19d96a
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome