Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Haff wrote:Collision with Nobel who should be delisted immediately. Can’t win it without Adam’s.
Nothing wrong with the way Noble impacted that contest. It's exactly the sort of contact Adams (and everyone else) would be expecting on game day.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Absolutely stupid and ridiculous to blame Nobel but these are the qualities you get around this time with some supporters. Blame doesn’t always indicate guilt or the actual truth but rather the reality that some posters love to wrap incidents up neatly in a box, even if the wrapping hides the actual story
Last edited by lazzadesilva on Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

At first, looks like a Corky.. but he was running into the contest and may have twinged his hammy a split second before.

it didn't look severe. He has 8 days.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:At first, looks like a Corky.. but he was running into the contest and may have twinged his hammy a split second before.

it didn't look severe. He has 8 days.
Agree and exactly what I thought. Confident that he’ll be right in 8 days.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

What sort of idiotic scratch-matches do coaches arrange, so our players can obtain collision injuries a week out from a PF, FFFS?!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Let’s be honest, Adams is one of the most injury prone players we’ve had. Always hurting a hamstring or adductor or groin, every year. Would rather he hurts himself in a half-paced intra club than on game day next week.

Also, no disrespect to Tay, but he’s not irreplaceable. Out: Adams; In: Nick Daicos. I think we can all live with that.
Est. 2002
melliot

Post by melliot »

Adams in finals has been probably been one of our best players. To indicate he won't be missed is a massive understatement. Contested ball is gold in finals and he is in the top few at the club at it.

Bloody hope like he'll he is ok.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Raw Hammer wrote:Let’s be honest, Adams is one of the most injury prone players we’ve had. Always hurting a hamstring or adductor or groin, every year. Would rather he hurts himself in a half-paced intra club than on game day next week.

Also, no disrespect to Tay, but he’s not irreplaceable. Out: Adams; In: Nick Daicos. I think we can all live with that.
Incorrect. He was our best player last week especially in the first half. Pies average midfield can’t afford to lose anyone. Can’t match Brisbane without Adam’s.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Haff wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:Let’s be honest, Adams is one of the most injury prone players we’ve had. Always hurting a hamstring or adductor or groin, every year. Would rather he hurts himself in a half-paced intra club than on game day next week.

Incorrect. He was our best player last week especially in the first half. Pies average midfield can’t afford to lose anyone. Can’t match Brisbane without Adam’s.
Wow, he was our best player last week??? Wouldn't have had him in my top 15. He was ok, yeah, he had some contested possessions but, as usual, disposal was fairly ordinary and gave away some frees from memory. In saying that, would much rather he played. Daicos will still make us better
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:
Haff wrote:

Wow, he was our best player last week??? Wouldn't have had him in my top 15. He was ok, yeah, he had some contested possessions but, as usual, disposal was fairly ordinary and gave away some frees from memory. In saying that, would much rather he played. Daicos will still make us better
Tay was definitely our best player in the first quarter, which is where the game was won. He'll be a massive loss if he misses the Prelim.
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Adams is bloody injury prone in finals time, missed last year and 2019. We need Mitchell and Adams winning contested ball.
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

Everyone breath! My take is that Adams will be ready to play after the 8 day break. From what I gather he’s got a Corkie. If it’s a hammy, then trouble.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

piedys wrote:What sort of idiotic scratch-matches do coaches arrange, so our players can obtain collision injuries a week out from a PF, FFFS?!
It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario bro piedys. He needed a hit out but the result was an unfortunate accident. It’s like test driving a car and another driver hitting you. You can’t always predict or control everything.
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

lazzadesilva wrote:
piedys wrote:What sort of idiotic scratch-matches do coaches arrange, so our players can obtain collision injuries a week out from a PF, FFFS?!
It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario bro piedys. He needed a hit out but the result was an unfortunate accident. It’s like test driving a car and another driver hitting you. You can’t always predict or control everything.
You’re actually not damned if you do because we’ve played one match in close to a month by the time we play the prelim. You need some kind of match sim just to keep you sharp. You can only do kick to kick in the playground for so long before your body loses the hardness that comes with playing the game.
We’ve been doing this for NINE months and Adams picks up an as yet undiagnosed injury on the track and now we want to call out the coaching staff. Maybe, just maybe, it’s all this match practice and simulated training that’s got us to a prelim in the first place.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

Yeah I agree. Makes sense. My comments were based on different opinions judging the causal link as being related to his training. It is hard to always predict outcomes. Unfortunately shit happens and will continue to happen