2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Did anyone actually get good seats.

All i have heard is that the seats they got at least they got them are terrible and like got ripped off badly.

I know alot of loyal and long standing members of collingwood missed out of tickets all together.

These are the ones the AFL forget the fans and supporters that go week to week and always turn up. In which provide alot of the profits the AFL get.

But who got good seats and happy with what they got.
blybo

Post by blybo »

90 nice wrote: I know alot of loyal and long standing members of collingwood missed out of tickets all together.

These are the ones the AFL forget the fans and supporters that go week to week and always turn up. In which provide alot of the profits the AFL get.
We have 100k members, should we double the capacity of the MCG so everyone gets a seat?

Being Thursday night I didn't even try to get tickets. My wife and youngest daughter are both Melbourne members too, but my wife is working till at least 7pm. So even if she finishes on time, she won't even get to see the start as it's a 30-40min commute.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

Personally, i have a long held belief that those of us with reserved seats each week should get first option to buy that seat for each of the finals, YES including the grand final.

why should someone who doesn't turn up, or pay for a seat every game get a better seat than me at the finals? there is also the camaraderie of the people around us week after week.

they can charge what they want, I will pay it.

we should get a window, if you dont pay in that window your seat is fair game.

not to mention how fricken stressful it is to be in that damn queue!! ive driven to geelong once to get tickets, while junior was on the pc, she got them just as I got in the building.

im row ee next to the cheer squad, we prefer to be close to the fence, so no, im not particularly happy, but then it beats being up the other end of the ground.

Corporate greed. money talks. We the People who support and pay week after week, year after year, can get $@&^#!

im about 5 years off MCC membership, will be interesting to see how that works!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

exactly.

keep it consistent as well.

you rock up week in week out in the same seat all year only to be shafted come finals.

stinks of greed and guess what you paid for the seats as well.

another example of been taken advantage of by the afl.

its ok there yours in the early rounds but we will take them off you come september.
blybo

Post by blybo »

think positive wrote:Personally, i have a long held belief that those of us with reserved seats each week should get first option to buy that seat for each of the finals, YES including the grand final.

why should someone who doesn't turn up, or pay for a seat every game get a better seat than me at the finals? there is also the camaraderie of the people around us week after week.

they can charge what they want, I will pay it.

we should get a window, if you dont pay in that window your seat is fair game.
But you are fighting a member of the opposing team for that seat if playing a co-tennant like next week. I was in your position in the early naughties but there weren't so many members of any side then, so much harder today. Plus we were regularly playing interstate sides in the finals with Syd, Adel, PA, WC and Bris all strong around that time.

With young teenage kids sport and work, I just buy a flexi 10 membership now, but only go to 3-4 matches a year
Last edited by blybo on Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

blybo wrote:
90 nice wrote: I know alot of loyal and long standing members of collingwood missed out of tickets all together.

We have 100k members, should we double the capacity of the MCG so everyone gets a seat?

Being Thursday night I didn't even try to get tickets. My wife and youngest daughter are both Melbourne members too, but my wife is working till at least 7pm. So even if she finishes on time, she won't even get to see the start as it's a 30-40min commute.
Unaustralian! My daughters school where she iisthe PE teacher has the grade 3-6 concert that night. Her and another teacher both have tickets. They were told to call in sick but the were both honest and the head master is being a real bitch! You knew the concert was on, you should have arranged your social life around it! Well honey I don’t think they will reschedule the game for a grade 3-6 concert, not at a public school anyway!

No way she will miss the game!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
blybo

Post by blybo »

think positive wrote:
blybo wrote:

Unaustralian! My daughters school where she iisthe PE teacher has the grade 3-6 concert that night. Her and another teacher both have tickets. They were told to call in sick but the were both honest and the head master is being a real bitch! You knew the concert was on, you should have arranged your social life around it! Well honey I don’t think they will reschedule the game for a grade 3-6 concert, not at a public school anyway!

No way she will miss the game!
Well my wife runs her own business as do I, and work comes first for both of us, as it should for your daughter too. The principal is not being a bitch. Your duaghter knew only too well teaching involves lots of out of school hours. I bet she doesn't complain about 12 weeks holiday per year though! Swings and roundabouts.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

I'm going, I'm happy.

Pies win and I will be even happier.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 313 times

Post by Jezza »

90 nice wrote:Did anyone actually get good seats.

All i have heard is that the seats they got at least they got them are terrible and like got ripped off badly.

I know alot of loyal and long standing members of collingwood missed out of tickets all together.

But who got good seats and happy with what they got.
I purchased a great seat. Couldn’t be happier as a Legends member.

Maybe I have the benefit of sitting on my own, so I don’t have the added pressure of finding multiple seats in the same spot.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

20+ year Legends member…. Got a shit seat bottom level pocket of the southern. Picked best available logged in from 10am

Logged in at 3pm again yesterday when general public when on sale and got a better seat, albeit on level 4.

There has to be a better way.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

You need to try picking your preferred bay rather than Best available.

We sit in Q36 for H&A games, so I choose that bay as first option as we know what the seats are like and prefer sitting higher up.

I have 7 tickets to purchase and yesterday got seats in Q36 in the row behind our usual spot.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I'm peeved off that you could buy a 3 game membership at Round 20 for $50 and you get the same rights for finals Wk 1-3 as all other members
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

What'sinaname wrote:I'm peeved off that you could buy a 3 game membership at Round 20 for $50 and you get the same rights for finals Wk 1-3 as all other members
It's a funny point.

I joined as a member in 1998, we had about 24,000 members.
I don't get any preferential treatment.

Using that logic, there's nothing wrong with the $50 member you highlight having 'the same rights' as all other members... is there?
Don't count the days, make the days count.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'll have a great seat in the public bar at the Hotel Darwin.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

Dark Beanie wrote:You need to try picking your preferred bay rather than Best available.

We sit in Q36 for H&A games, so I choose that bay as first option as we know what the seats are like and prefer sitting higher up.

I have 7 tickets to purchase and yesterday got seats in Q36 in the row behind our usual spot.
I may have missed something DB but how do you choose what bay you would like to sit in?

BTW I ended up with Q36 row H so we’ll have the same ish view
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!