#38 Jeremy Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

mattys123 wrote:26 year old who averages 0.8 goals a game in his career, eww.
That is because he might be playing in a Real Crap Side :wink:
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Dave The Man wrote:
mattys123 wrote:26 year old who averages 0.8 goals a game in his career, eww.
That is because he might be playing in a Real Crap Side :wink:
And played most of this year off HB.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

I only want Howe if we intend on using him in his best position of forward.

Surely that is the clubs thinking also.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Can he play as a HFF like Medhurst?
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

swoop42 wrote:I only want Howe if we intend on using him in his best position of forward.

Surely that is the clubs thinking also.
not another hbf??
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

What am I missing? What does Howe bring to the table (presumably as a forward) to improve us? We have have depth in the medium/small forwards and Cloke/White/Moore as talls. Howe is an in-between size (a bit like Abbott in that respect) and I don't see anything that stands out, eg especially accurate kick at goal. Other than for the odd MoY hanger highlight reel would he really be any better than say Reid or Goldsack forward?
All We Can Be
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

I'm starting to warm up to this guy, he's got wonderful soft hands in the air, it allows him to take marks he has no right to.

He's 25, has played 100 games and kicked 80 goals, but a lot of those games were at half back and all of them were for Melbourne. So it's actually a really good return. :lol:

If you have a spare 12 minutes, do yourself a favour a watch this highlights package - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONP3Gcj_RM
That's just from 2011-2013! :shock: He's a seriously exciting player with plenty of x factor and his set shot kicking looks ok in the video. Looks a better prospect than Karnezis ever was IMO.

This forward line looks dangerous:

HF: Howe, Cloke, resting mid
FF: Elliot, Moore, Fasolo

No point recruiting him if we don't think he can play forward though.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I am glad you find this funny. But I don't have it.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I was luke warm about us getting Varcoe and he ended up a terrific acquisition for us, so maybe, if we end up with Howe, he'll surprise us as well. I guess, even if a player does not make our best 22, but helps improve our list overall, then there's value in it. A player like Howe might be competing with Fasolo and/or Abbott for a spot, but if one of those gets injured he is available to step up.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

It all depends on the asking price I guess.

If he only costs us pick 26 and $450,000 max then sure take the chance.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

An exciting player, no doubt. I think the key questions are:
  • Is he better than White? I think yes, but not greatly. The main issue being what he does between hangers. Greater mobility than White will be an asset, but his overall output has been ordinary over his career despite the many highlights (avg. 14 disposals and 0.8 goals. White avg 1.1 goals and 1.5 in 2015).
  • Is Moore ready to play as second ruck? We shouldn't be fitting Howe and White into the same team so Moore needs to ruck. Can't do this for the whole year which means Moore will need to be rotated out or Howe played on a wing for some games.
  • What about the crumbs? All of Howe, Elliott and Fasolo love to fly for their marks, someone will need to stay on the ground.
A forward line of:

Elliott, Cloke, Fasolo
Howe, Moore, Sidebottom/Blair/Broomhead

Looks good, but Moore can't play out the year as forward/ruck so White or Witts will need to fit in at times. Are we too tall if we replace Fasolo with Witts/White in some games? Even if we are, pushing Howe to a wing is an option, but he's not proven very good in the position.
Well done boys!
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Domesticated_Ape wrote:I'm starting to warm up to this guy, he's got wonderful soft hands in the air, it allows him to take marks he has no right to.

He's 25, has played 100 games and kicked 80 goals, but a lot of those games were at half back and all of them were for Melbourne. So it's actually a really good return. :lol:

If you have a spare 12 minutes, do yourself a favour a watch this highlights package - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nONP3Gcj_RM
That's just from 2011-2013! :shock: He's a seriously exciting player with plenty of x factor and his set shot kicking looks ok in the video. Looks a better prospect than Karnezis ever was IMO.

This forward line looks dangerous:

HF: Howe, Cloke, resting mid
FF: Elliot, Moore, Fasolo

No point recruiting him if we don't think he can play forward though.
First of all, anyone who thinks Faz is in our best 22 doesn't know much about the game

Secondly, I'm warming to Howe, brings height, X factor, is quick and vertsile , if we can get him and 450k then it's a good pick up.
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
KrispyKremePie

Post by KrispyKremePie »

If the pies can get him at the right price, I think they should and play him at full forward. He could be as damaging in the forward line as Tony Modra was for the crows in the 90s.
"It's not a right, it's a responsibility. I know each and every one of you and what you are capable of. And I know which of you guys need to step up because we need you to f*** step up." - Maxwell
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

Thought he was real good in the game that Melbourne won against the cats down in Geelong.
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

swoop42 wrote:It all depends on the asking price I guess.

If he only costs us pick 26 and $450,000 max then sure take the chance.
Yep, this is right on the limit of what I'd be willing to pay. Actually think a base wage of 400K is more appropriate, with incentives.

And for the trade with Melbourne, I'd offer the pick we get for Seedsman. Assuming it's higher than 26. It might not work out, but that'd be my first offer.