Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Dave The Man wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:I didn’t see the game on Saturday because I had to attend a family function that afternoon,but I did catch a replay of the game on Sunday.I thought Dunstall’s commentary was biased from start to finish.He was always fretting about what Adelaide’s was doing wrong,complaining about them not taking their chances etc.He also queried just about every feee kick we got,but he. didn’t question any of the free kicks Adelaide got.Funny about that.
As Usual when you watch a Pies Game on TV that the Commentators sound like they are from the Opposition Cheersquad
Always. I have tried the old trick of watching a silent screen with the radio commentary and if you can get past the time disparity between the action and the commentary kicking in, I find it a better option for my health and blood pressure. I can’t stand listening or pandering to people living the lie of pretending to be neutral but patently hoping that Collingwood will get done.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
E

Post by E »

Does anyone remember the drama and controversy when there was a perception that Eddie McGuire might have been biased in his commentary???

I find it simply shocking that a guy like Dunstall gets to commentate in an obviously biased fashion and nothing is said!!
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

E wrote:Does anyone remember the drama and controversy when there was a perception that Eddie McGuire might have been biased in his commentary???

I find it simply shocking that a guy like Dunstall gets to commentate in an obviously biased fashion and nothing is said!!
If I’m honest I don’t like Buckely commentating Collingwood games. I know he is clearly doing it for insight and is expected to be biased but for mine it just comes off wrong.
Give me bucks on any other game, he is insightful and clearly knows his stuff, it just doesn’t sit right during pies games for mine.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by neil »

Hope he kicks 6 from frees against Geelong
The outrage from sleepy hollow supporters will be fantastic
Especially the Duckwood fans
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

neil wrote:Hope he kicks 6 from frees against Geelong
The outrage from sleepy hollow supporters will be fantastic
Especially the Duckwood fans
It’ll be hilarious watching Geelong supporters boo him if he does a Selwood
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

he now resembles Bob Katter.
no second chances
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

That’s a bit harsh
E

Post by E »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:That’s a bit harsh
are you referring to the haircut??
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:I didn’t see the game on Saturday because I had to attend a family function that afternoon,but I did catch a replay of the game on Sunday.I thought Dunstall’s commentary was biased from start to finish.He was always fretting about what Adelaide’s was doing wrong,complaining about them not taking their chances etc.He also queried just about every feee kick we got,but he. didn’t question any of the free kicks Adelaide got.Funny about that.
As Usual when you watch a Pies Game on TV that the Commentators sound like they are from the Opposition Cheersquad
Always. I have tried the old trick of watching a silent screen with the radio commentary and if you can get past the time disparity between the action and the commentary kicking in, I find it a better option for my health and blood pressure. I can’t stand listening or pandering to people living the lie of pretending to be neutral but patently hoping that Collingwood will get done.
Sounds a Good Idea.

Glad I go to the Victorian/Melbourne Games so I don't hear any Commentary
I am Da Man
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Haff wrote:
E wrote:Does anyone remember the drama and controversy when there was a perception that Eddie McGuire might have been biased in his commentary???

If I’m honest I don’t like Buckely commentating Collingwood games. I know he is clearly doing it for insight and is expected to be biased but for mine it just comes off wrong.
Give me bucks on any other game, he is insightful and clearly knows his stuff, it just doesn’t sit right during pies games for mine.
Counter acts the Biased Anti-Collingwood Commentators
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 312 times

Post by Jezza »

inxs88 wrote:Cheers Jezza. Great to have a regular 40+ year goal kicker in the side.
Just discovered some old news footage of Ginnivan's father comparing him to Breust before he was drafted.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=ext ... 1054842804
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

E wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:That’s a bit harsh
are you referring to the haircut??
How many goals did Bob Katter kick again?
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

After last nights loss at post match presser Fly was asked about his hair colour

“I don’t care if he has pink hair so long as he fulfills his role” said Craig
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

He resembles Billy Idol.

I saw it and went, what a clown.... then I remembered when we we're about 15, one of the boys knocked some hair colour off a hairdresser and we had the brilliant idea of getting some peroxide from the chemist.... mine wasn't too bad, a bit yellow, old mate Seans was the best, his went orange.

It fitted perfect with our 5 earing in each ear , DB's and faberges.

Just like Ginnivan, we were all immature boys once.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

There’s no one hat fits all in humans

One can exude flamboyant character
Another can be more introverted

For the excercise let’s look at Ginnivan & Bianco & for our needs going fwd it’s the flamboyant one I think
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right