Adams trade to Sydney ~ all comments

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Did say as soon as we win a flag every one will be wanting to poach our players Adams is just the start.

Watch this space.

Funny how likes of cats swans etc.... they win flags and they keep it together plus more hand outs.
Newelly
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Did say as soon as we win a flag every one will be wanting to poach our players Adams is just the start.

Watch this space.

Funny how likes of cats swans etc.... they win flags and they keep it together plus more hand outs.
The Cats are the biggest rorters in the league but Brisbane is catching up
Last edited by Newelly on Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

can say exact same with brisbane cats tigers hawks swan in particluar

swans and lions afl love childs along with the cats

cats just rort it

was blues in the 1970s but cats take the cake
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Adams is under contract. If he moves on, he moves on because it suits Collingwood, not because it suits Adams or the Swans.
We live in a space where the cap relief that comes from releasing a player or two is worth more than a late second rounder or whatever.
Put it this way, if letting Adams go was to be the difference between securing Duursma or not, then I wouldn’t lose sleep over an Adams trade.
If you don’t improve your list or plan for the future, then your going backwards in this competition.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Collingwood gun exploring move

A shock trade rumour surrounding a Collingwood veteran headlined the first day of the player movement period, which has seen one name officially swap clubs via free agency.

Magpies midfielder Taylor Adams is reportedly exploring interest from the Sydney Swans and could make a return to New South Wales over the coming weeks despite his contract status for 2024 at Olympic Park.

https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwood- ... ap-144321/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

swoop42 wrote:It was only 12 months ago that Sydney beat us in a Preliminary final.

They've secured Jordan, will obtain Grundy, are after Adams (who else?) and with a younger group overall have more capacity for natural growth in coming seasons. Do we want to give them what could be a missing piece of a Premiership puzzle when we ourselves are in the window?

As far as I'm concerned we have the whip hand here, Adams is contracted, he was best 22 when fit this year and is a leader of the club.

If Sydney want him then they have to pay overs or we simply walk away.

A top 25 pick is the minimum starting point for any discussion.
I love Taylor Adams, but if he wants to go to Sydney I wouldn’t be standing in his way. Sydney will be a premiership contender with Grundy and Adams in their side. I’d be asking for a second round draft from Sydney for Adams. They don’t have any players we want that are tradable. See what they say.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Perhaps pick swaps

11 - 18
and
31 - 36
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by stui magpie »

Don't want Sam Reid.

I don't want to boot Tay out but if he wants to leave for a longer contract and more midfield minutes, more power to him. Creates a space for others to fill

I hope we draft a young KP forward and put time into them rather than trying to convert scraps into gourmet food.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It seems like it's our club who has suggested that Tay explore his Sydney options. It's sad, as Adams has always been a heart and soul player, is admired by his teammates, and is a vice captain after all. Remember, too, that he was one of our best in our final victory over the Demons.

However, Tay has a history of groin and hammy injuries and is already 30 yrs. Footy is a competitive and ruthless business, so I can understand why our club might be encouraging him to seek a new home elsewhere. If we are to blood our next generation of midfielders, we need to begin finding openings for them to play senior games. Trading Adams would assist that process.

I'd be sad to see Tay go, but would understand that outcome, if it eventuates.
Boot
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Boot »

If Swans want Adams to boost their inside midfield strength then we should make a play for Logan McDonald as a swap.
Without Taylor Adams in our squad it opens a role for the likes of Fin Macrae, Johnny Noble, Ed Allan and Josh Carmichael to break into the team and gives that quartet some incentive to put in a huge preseason.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Tay is heart and soul can not see him at the swans he is a pie to the core
bally12

Post by bally12 »

Great clubman, nice guy, but absolutely butchers the ball by foot..
We need to get better and Tay's not the answer. I'd take pick 31 from the Swans in a heartbeat.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The Swans and Longmire give me the absolute shits, thats all I have got.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

Four more after Ruscoe delisted
Bianco ,Wilson , Draper. ,Murley
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 114 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Adams is contracted for another season
I would hazard a guess his management had been having a chat to the club about a extension but the club was holding it ground saying along the lines we will look at it as next season plays out
He’s become a little injury prone and she doesn’t help those things
He’s as hard as a cats head and has been our spiritual leader for years now and was likely to assume the captaincy under Buckley but with a change of coach that changed as well
Also rumour has it he was pushed to breaking point 2 days before he wanted his final hit out to see if he could make the GF
The club wanted certainty around who was playing (rightly so)
Sydney needs in and under mids and leadership and he offers all that in spades
If he’s toured Sydney as reported it would be with our blessing
There’s talk he’s looking at a 3 year deal something I’m sure we aren’t putting on the table at this stage
As much as I would hate to see him go I understand if frees up cap space and takes 1 older players off our list