Post Match. Pies Destroy Hawks. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

thebaldfacts wrote:
Haff wrote:Elliot listed as Out in the AFL app?
No idea what happened. Played well for 3 quarters.

Hope he was rested.
Elliot was listed as “ out “ while Kelly was listed as “ injured “
Hopefully that means Elliot was managed more than injured.
He looked fine walking off and in the circle afterwards.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Glad to have a win and nice to read people are seeing we have good depth. I think depth is very good except for talls which is just ok depth.

Big game next week.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

Does Moore have a proper nickname? If not, I nominate Poetry, because to watch him is seeing Poetry in Motion. He moves like a panther, so beautifully balanced and athletic. He has a brain - you can see it in the way he thinks about what he is doing. And he has an excellent temperament, unlike Sicily, who has a nasty spiteful streak.

I'm stunned Bruce hasn't declared his man-crush for him yet.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
slangman
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

Very happy to have won considering the last couple of weeks.
Some very good performances from the usual suspects and a few others improving their output.
Still a few concerns with some non contributors and the iPhone battery type performances from the team.
Absolutely loved Atu’s composure and ball handling. The style of player that the team has been screaming for.
IQ was very very good with his run and penetrative kicking.
Kelly was more than serviceable and the highlight Of the night was his first kick first goal.
Pleasing that the young guys played well and have put the challenge to others in the team with their performances.
- Side By Side -
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Pies4shaw wrote:
90 nice wrote:2nd half fade outs still a concern
Hawthorn failed to achieve your predicted 51 point victory by just 83 points.
To be fair, there were plenty that felt similar. It’s just that they aren’t as keen to own up after the game.
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Presti35 »

Glad to hear Bucks say Kelly seems to be a dislocated elbow and not a break.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

This game was not like last week. The Hawks threw a pile of pillows at us whereas Essendon threw the kitchen sink. So, we were not tested physically and we were allowed to control the game with possession which we can do as well as any team. It is only when the blowtorch is applied are we found wanting but that didn't happen tonight so it was not an ultimate test in that regard. But, not our problem, the Hawk's didn't bring the heat and we strangled the life out of them.

You take any win against them given our shocking record and I am pleased to get the win. Just would like to see more scoring as we all do. There was a period where we kicked 5 or 6 behinds in a row.....just got to start sticking more of these through and we can finally have our 'complete' victories and not always having to rely of stealy defence every week.

Atu and iQ both looked really slick and I love their run and carry, we need more of this daring play. Cox is such a big problem, still cannot influence contests let alone win them. He's nearly 30 and I just don't think it's going to ever happen, it would have by now. Disappointing.

Best game of his career from young Wills, he was 'almost' Pendles-like in the heat tonight...almost.. 8)

Great win Pies, terrible performance Hawks, I expected more of a fight.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Greening gold wrote: He moves like a panther, so beautifully balanced and athletic..
Doesn't he just!! He runs like his Dad, but does have more of a synergy and grace about him than Peter did.
princem007

Post by princem007 »

Don’t give up on Cox, remember that prelim against Richmond he absolutely destroyed them that night. Our delivery to him that night was perfect , they sat it up so he could take it at highest point. Atm we are not kicking it to his advantage and there are 3 defenders hanging off him. We need to get him one out and put it up high so defenders have no chance to spoil him. I think the slippery conditions don’t suit his marking and maybe he needs look at glove ala Trav Cloke.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

90 nice wrote:Is it me or is Wills looking really over weight? Ill put Sier ahead of wills currently
Wills was fantastic tonight
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Presti35 wrote:Glad to hear Bucks say Kelly seems to be a dislocated elbow and not a break.
Well, I guess that's good news given that it looked absolutely horrific in the replay of his landing. Google says it takes 4 to 6 weeks for a dislocated elbow to heal.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

The Hawthorn domination of Collingwood is ovah!The best part of tonight’s game was to see the young players do so well.The debutants Kelly and Bosenvulagi look like they really have a big future.And Bruce McVaney was right in his post match comments when he said the big story was Quaynor.He really does look to be a talent,a beautifully balanced footballer.A star in the making.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Frim google
1 to 4 week away from the game
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

the fuzz wrote:
90 nice wrote:Is it me or is Wills looking really over weight? Ill put Sier ahead of wills currently
Wills was fantastic tonight
For sure Fuzz. He played with heaps more energy and determination, as did all the boys. Loved their hard attitude tonight. How was the bump Varcoe delivered in the first quarter???

Yep Doris, Quaynor was exciting! Not only has great run off the half-back line, but always did something constructive with his delivery.

Only thing that annoyed me just a little tonight was Callum's continual ball fumbling.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

A good feeling after a depressing dark day with record cases.

Nice & good!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!