Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

I’m here for it! Who needs sleep!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...
Awful

Absolutely awful

Huge huge question marks on this team.
Deserve all the shit we get.

Just awful.

Out coached and out played.

Melbourne will feast on us next week.
Couldn't even hold on in that lasy minute for a draw. Couldn't even do it. Piss weak!!!!!!
@#$%&! off cauliflower. Got absolutely murdered.

Weak as piss. Dumb as @#$%&!.

Ain’t making top 4 and won’t play finals playing like that.
Also, why @#$%&! fantasia. Worse recruit than fasolo and only oreilly being a snitching cauliflower saves him from being out worst ever. I am aware of Mick Martyn.
At least the ridiculous media exaggeration on our abilities will start to subside.
Kidding themselves.
We didn't deserve to win. Collingwood with 23 more inside 50's.
we lost this at stoppage. considering who they're missing in the middle and our team selections. voss and co ought to be questioning everything.

passengers everywhere shirking it everywhere. we're out of the 8 tomorrow, yeah?
Nothing but pretenders.

Totally out coached
Back line other than weitering was horrible.

61-38 inside 50’s
86-54 tackles

Blame injuries if you like, but the organization of this team is pathetic.
Maybe now all the bandwagon journos will jump off us and we can stop drinking our own bathwater and get serious about playing proper footy.
We were winning all the close ones before. Now we are losing them.
PRETENDERS! :twisted:
Hope Voss says his coaching was simply not good enough.
They came in with a plan and executed brilliantly.
Voss selection of Fantasia and having Kennedy on the bench was a joke.
I thought Voss was "a coach of great intellect"? :lol:
To be honest, it's amazing it was only a goal the difference.
Some dumb football….!
Second quarter lack of effort was concerning. It felt like the middle of last year again and set the tone for the rest of the match.
flower crap.
Out coached, especially on our kick out strategy. Chip to the pocket. Wait wait wait. Kick long to a contest. Collingwood turn it over and kick in inboard to the corridor which they control.
More Collingwood players kicked goals than Carlton players got a touch.
Imagine having to catch a train home after that
It is of no consolation that I tipped Collingwood.
Too many passengers. Too many average footballers. Not enough run. Not enough skill. And no x factor. Very very disappointing night. This is our lot. Starting to genuinely fear another false dawn
our vaunted stoppage game didn't turn up. blows my mind they were missing de goey and mitchell,

cripps unsighted really. hewett caught with the ball all night, and daicos ate up walsh when the game mattered most. pittonet couldn't win a tap after qtr time it felt. horrendous return.
i'm shocked to be sitting here, who didnt see that coming???

every year, same old bullshit and disappointment

williams can get stuffed and so can whoever got orazio into the club

i know we have injuries, but our depth is filled with window lickers

we've been exposed as complete pretenders, pea hearted weak willed pretenders

this is a repeat of last year, but teams have worked us out and we wont get the run like we did last year.
Left after Daicos goal. Made the train without a feral to be seen. Highlight of the night
turning point was their rookie coming on the ground and kicking that goal. their pressure went over 220 from that point on. meanwhile ours sat at 145, which is inexcusable.

this big tall team, can't sustain pressure, huh?
Filth dominated territory.

And seemed to slice Carlton up from stoppage. Whereas Carlton would blaze away after winning first possession. Filth released it to a runner.

Something is very wrong with the way Carlton defend (not just inside 50 entries) and it can't just be related to personnel.

Also lacking in class in the midfield....unfortunately at the moment too many accumulating and too slow to get ball to boot. Not enough pace and skill in the midfield and not enough x factor at ground level up forward (injuries impacting there).
I had no idea old mate Bolts was at Collingwood. There's a kick in the nuts.
Fox footy just said carlton are near last in the comp for scores against stoppage.

that is alarming shit.
Good game by both teams. BUT When u finish 23 inside 50's behind like Carlton did, well, u don't deserve to win. Well done pies.
I'm incredibly disappointed, but also give credit where its due.
I said in the pre-game thread, we needed to quell Nick Daicos, and he ran riot and was a clearly deserving winner of BOG.
Just heart breaking. I'm pretty sure Vossy wont be happy with the defensive effort AGAIN give the clear inside 50 advantage the boys coughed up.
A gracious Carlton supporter 8)
@#$%&! this club.
I never want to see Young and Williams in the seniors again. @#$%&! them both off. Pay Williams out or whatever.

Durdin and Fantasia not far behind.

Sick of being this mobs bitches.
And they go ahead further in the head-to-heads.
132-4-129
Who wants to be competitive, to finish 5-6-7-8th.. we want a flag.

It’s 28 @#$%&! years
Soon to be 29 :twisted:
Ya know….

I’ve been learning how to meditate these
last few months…not going to lie…it really helped
tonight…!

it’s helping like %#@$ right now…!
Cripps and Walsh copping hard tags
You play Kennedy one can move forward
Charlie could come further up the ground to break away from Moore and Frampton.
Kennedy could have played back if needed.

It was the dumbest coaching move I have seen playing Fantasia since Fev played full back on Gehrig
We've lost 2 out of 3 to our arch rival by a kick in the dying minutes.

@#$%&! being competitive.
Scoreboard flattered us. That was a flogging. Something is not right with this team/list. Will take a miracle to get something out of this season from here. I feel like we are a Port Adelaide type team. Just doesn't feel right.
I was worried about a couple of things prematch. If it was close, we'd probably lose. Pies with the 8 day break v our 6.

And bringing in so many underdone players. Cerra started well but really seemed to fade, Cunners not enough of it and made 2 really sloppy mistakes, the shit handball to Walsh & the one where he turned back into a tackle, uuugh. Just didn't seem match ready. Then you add in Fantasia with his 3 touches or whatever.

As others have said, Kennedy absolutely should have started. I thought the whole point was we capitalise on their midfield being down a couple FFS.

We just looked stagnant out there & continually went the panic dump kick. But to the Pies credit that was perceived pressure on their part, just really felt out coached tonight.

Hewett got it a bit but man his lack of awareness at times was so frustrating.

What the hell was with Harry's kick into the fwd line near the end. Where was that composure we've seemed to be building lately. Just dumb.

Hate to say it but it actually felt more like a 3-4 goal margin. And that the season just turned around for both teams.
Can't stand it when the opposition gets a fairytail narrative like that against us

And then Daicos kicking the winner & the camera going to his dad FFS. I'll be avoiding the media for a bit I think
Losing to this mob always hurts the most.
I hope it burns! :twisted:
Went to the game, as I just mentioned I picked Collingwood.
We look so slow.
Teams have worked us out and I can't see us doing what we did last year.
How many times did we get caught or had to quickly dispose of the ball in a panic.
Not sure what Harry was thinking late in the game. With 2 minutes to go and takes that good mark, he for some reason kicks it towards the centre and Collingwood run it down and goal.
We were beaten for most of the night and only lost by a goal.
So disappointing.
A fraudulent performance on so many levels. Take the margin and opponent out of it, that was complete rubbish from us tonight. We had about 6 good players across the field. Fantasia and Durdin are beyond a liability at the moment. And then there’s Young. Williams with one of the most negligent games you’ll see from an experienced player on 800-900k. Unfortunately we’re heading in the wrong direction and it gets no easier with Melbourne and Sydney to come. Very disappointing.
Tonight Collingwood won a battle, but they haven't won the war.
Heads up everyone, the season is still young.
And is ours to conquer.
The war was won last year! :P
So angry...we are just dumb ...

Couldn't beat a undermanned side with two forwards they could only dream of ...
I've calmed down a bit but I'm gutted, none the less. I don't rate armchair experts (the show) and never watch it but happened to be on when I got home. Very interesting footage of the final Daicos goal. Cerra was in standing goal side defensive sweeper. Got sucked up to the contest and missed it. Walsh had Daicos and as Cerra went to the contest stopped to watch. In the second he took his eye off him, Daicos took off, the ball got tapped into his arms and Walsh was nowhere near him. Game over in the blink of an eye. Walsh and Cerra. 2 of our best players blew it by not paying attention to the most dangerous player on the ground.

In the end, their class got us and we let it happen. Pendlebury nails it from 50. We played off him and almost dared sidebottom to give it to him. You'd think we'd learn that you don't let class players have a shot from 50 after we did the same with Tex 3 weeks ago.

Then Hill and Daicos nailed snaps from tough shots. Shots that we simply don't have any players capable of kicking.

3 class finishes told the difference. As galling as it is
I still don't know what those pressure rating numbers mean but I could sure as hell see that pies were off the charts and ours were nowhere.

We were totally and utterly flattered by that scoreboard.
Everyone pointing to the inside 50s as the reason we lost, we had 21 more than geelong last week. Still lost.

I'm confused.

Pies had 2 extra days break.

Nobody considered this.

Could see it coming a mile away
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive

Post by think positive »

Thanks Jezza xx
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

Absolutely superb Jezza. That last one was pure gold. Sidebottoms bald head… hosk looking like Modra. Gold.
Buon Giorno
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

Thanks as always Jezza!

This for me is the best one!

Quote:
I cancelled my blues membership tonight. First time in 27 years. I can’t cope with this. What do I really get out of it. Misery. They should pay me.

GOLD! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Mossi »

Anyone have twitter?
More reactions from Blues supporters

https://twitter.com/i/status/1786377744550613041
think positive

Post by think positive »

Whoa that’s disgraceful, what bunch of flog fans, that should be onthe news
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pretenders this club continues to be ....
I'm saddened to find that Yoda is a Carlton supporter. :lol:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mossi wrote:Anyone have twitter?
More reactions from Blues supporters

https://twitter.com/i/status/1786377744550613041
Can someone with the necessary software download that and post the video directly here? It should be a permanent part of the historical record.

Thanks so much for sharing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
roar

Post by roar »

Thanks Jezza, you're a bloody legend!
kill for collingwood!
daics aka the ruckman

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

Thanks again Jezza
go pies
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

From the post-match thread but this deserves to be here for posterity:
MagpiesTheGreat wrote: https://twitter.com/1116sen/status/1786 ... al-moments

Maher: "It's all over.

"He kicks an unbelievable goal."

Christou: "Of all players.

"You're kidding me! Come on.

"Great reader of the ball, great reader of the game.

Maher: This is going to be a real bitter pill to swallow.

"A really, really tough loss.

"It's (the Collingwood chant) the worst sound in footy."

The scenes in the Blues Radio box after the siren were just as good.

Maher: "I feel sick."

Christou: "Did they deserve it though? Probably."

Koutoufides: "Do we have to listen to this (the Collingwood theme song)?"

Edmund: "Can we turn it down Andy?"

Maher: "Can we go home?"

Koutoufides: "Please."
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

And for thosde with the patience, here's a priceless artefact:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/04/ ... l-moments/

The story includes a video link to their call of the entire last quarter. Beautiful!!!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ I particularly commend the call of WHE's goal from exactly 6 minutes into the video. Just a joy for a Carlton hater like me: "Oh, look at this tinarse-ery! Absolute crap!" And on it goes.