#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:He hasn't a good year in my opinion, but let's get some perspective here.

He's a player in his second year and only 20 years of age in a side that isn't playing finals this year. I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

In the long run, those who think he was a bad draft selection may indeed be right, but it's very premature to make a statement that he was a wasted pick when we need to see how he progresses and learns from this year in subsequent years.
I'm with you

And let's face it, not too many of our players have had a good year

The kid has guts, determination, skills (well before our coaches got a hold of him) he puts his head over any situation, and he is so unselfish as E pointed out. He never quits.

He will be the new Blair, the workhorse that no one appreciates, until he is gone. Not every player can be, or needs to be, a superstar. Who is going to do the dirty work for the outside players to do the pretty stuff? Pendles is awesome in full flight, but who gets the ball out?
De Goey will be a much better player than Blair. At the moment, though, he is looking tired. 3 kicks last week serves to confirm that. He needs a break and will probably benefit from playing as a first choice midfielder in the VFL. It is a very big ask to have these Sherrin-chasing kids park themselves in the forward line for most of the time and run defensively week in, week out.
agree with all of that
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

E wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
E wrote: you don't watch closely enough Bob, its always been your problem.

take a look at some of the best goals of the season and see who had an important, classy, but unnoticed possession.

Let's look at the game against Adelaide. Remember the Adams goal? Go look at who made that possible through clean hands and fast disposal.

I'm telling you, this kid is going to be a gun!!!!!

I coined the name E back in the late 00's because I couldn't get anyone to believe me that we had Elite Midfielders in Pendles, Swan and Thomas coming through. I feel like we are there again.

De Goey, Aish and Adams!!!! Superstarss of the future.
I don't think you watch at all, do you even have eyes?
bob, since we both seem to have nothing better to do with our lives than post here, how about we make a little bet that we can revisit in 5 years. I bet in five years he is a regular member our midfield and is considered one of the better midfielders in the comp.

you presumably take the side of the bet that says he is delisted and playing outside of the AFL, since you view him as a complete dud.

Are we on? the loser of this bet must for one year put in the footer of his post "[E/bob sugar] is a gifted football mind and I defer to him on all football related opinions."

PS: I saw Hamilton tonight. Pretty damn good show!
I reject your challenge because you are no challenge, but I'll be happy to beat up on you some more.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Blair in for de goey.
That has worked wonders.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

5150 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Some of these sack-half-empty ones would benefit from being administered a capsaicin essence enema to spice up their outlook.
Where does one find such a product? I'm um.... asking for a friend... :oops:
Try this http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/products/16 ... t-1010.php

Could also be a good way to 'cure' any ice addicts you know. :shock:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

thompsoc wrote:Blair in for de goey.
That has worked wonders.
Yep, the nuff-nuff has done it again.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Saw De Goey in Richmond at a shop with his young female companion. Wished him well for next year.

He looked in ripping shape - great size & in the short interaction we had Jordan (yes we were on a first name basis) :wink: he came across as a polite young man.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Hopefully it was just a case of second year blues and the rumours about his off field antics greatly exaggerated.

Remember what he said to Bucks on draft day "I wont let you down".

Let's hope he's true to his word and has an improved season next year as he was a bog ordinary for most of this year IMO.

Still think not taking the opportunity to select a key forward rated within the top 10 in Peter Wright was probably a mistake as he and Moore could have been our key forward targets for the next decade.

I can understand us not taking the risk with Lever given the concerns over his knee.

Only time will tell.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Big season coming up for the young man.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
BBHS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BBHS »

I thought he finished the season really well playing mostly Half Forward. Classy finisher.
The Weed

Post by The Weed »

BBHS wrote:I thought he finished the season really well playing mostly Half Forward. Classy finisher.
Yes that's probably why he got dropped...
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

BBHS wrote:I thought he finished the season really well playing mostly Half Forward. Classy finisher.
Yeah, he was very good when he came back in the forward line. Best of luck to him.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm hoping that seeing Marley Williams lose his contract with us and having to beg to be picked up by North, on less money than he was on with us, will shake up De Goey and get him focused. He has the potential to be an absolute star. Let's hope he begins to deliver on that promise in 2017.
E

Post by E »

Bob Sugar wrote:Big season coming up for the young man.
Will be a gun. We all know that except you who thinks he should be delisted.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

E wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:Big season coming up for the young man.
Will be a gun. We all know that except you who thinks he should be delisted.
I do love the way some posters worry about his form in his 2nd season yet Heeney and possibly Moore aside, who else from the 2014 draft top 20 performed better.
E

De Goey = Get well soon mate because you are DeGun!!!!!

Post by E »

Early signs are the Jordan De Goey is going to be a beast this year.

Watched him thread a handball to get Phillips a goal, read the ball beautifully to grab it himself and score and watched him brutalize other midfielders by sheer force. His skills are sublime. His talent immense.

Jordan De Goey is our next Elite player!

mods, is it really the case that i cant even name my own threads?

You are Sick in your intrusions on what is supposed to be a supporters forum free from mods interference. Just leave us alone.
Last edited by E on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.