Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

3 shrugs or ducks all paid as high frees tonight. Ginni would get nothing. It’s a disgrace.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Brereton is a hypocrite of the highest order. He runs a programme on SEN about mens mental health FFS. The pile on on Ginnivan is simply disgusting and disgraceful.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

dalyc wrote:3 shrugs or ducks all paid as high frees tonight. Ginni would get nothing. It’s a disgrace.
The free on the wing when Spargo ducked into it ……. :roll: :roll: :roll:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Apologies to the any decent journos, including anyone on here, but the career surely has to be among the most grubby and creepily incentivised on the planet this side of arms dealing. You just know when their numbers are down they convince themselves that it's okay to manufacture any old BS and sacrifice a victim to maintain eyeballs.

And the amorality is so great once the numbers are back up again they quickly throw out a more dignified topic, hoping we'll somehow forget the earlier violence. In footy this happens week after week after week.

They're basically the paedos of the information world, grooming and assaulting the vulnerable as they work viral dynamics against societal interests.

But, but, Information! But, but, I'm just giving society what it wants!

Hence, it attracts narcissists and sociopaths.

*Shudder*
Last edited by pietillidie on Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

lazzadesilva wrote:On a broader subject, no one can say that umpires are not influenced by subconscious bias after watching the Selwood - Ginnivan fiasco. Subconscious bias is a scientific fact, not an opinion. Interesting reading.
Absolutely agree.
Because Dangermouse and Duckwood have established reputations as stars (and I am not denying that they are), they then benefit from subconscious bias. Ginni is a 19 year old, playing effectively his first year. He has no established reputation as a superstar. Therefore, he must be ducking, whereas Dangermous and Duckwood, get the benefit of the doubt. A sickening situation, aided and abetted by a gutter media who love to devour the vulnerable any chance they get.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

I just wish doneone would call out damn danger, he’s the president ofthe players association, supposed to look out for ALL players, yet Ginnie is being bullied and pilloried and nothing. He’s a piece of shit. Must be scared of a 19 year ok’d kid! Oh sorry she 20 yet?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35
Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Presti35 »

dalyc wrote:3 shrugs or ducks all paid as high frees tonight. Ginni would get nothing. It’s a disgrace.
I noticed too, as I'm sure we all did. WTF is going on??
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

watt price tully wrote:
The free on the wing when Spargo ducked into it ……. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Different rules for different players/clubs. Unbelievable isn’t it. Watching the game tonight I was gobsmacked. Three guesses why Brisbane players are rewarded frees for ducking. ;) I’m sure Ginni would have thrown his tV remote at the wall if he watched it.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

pietillidie wrote:Apologies to the any decent journos, including anyone on here, but the career surely has to be among the most grubby and creepily incentivised on the planet this side of arms dealing. You just know when their numbers are down they convince themselves that it's okay to manufacture any old BS and sacrifice a victim to maintain eyeballs.

And the amorality is so great once the numbers are back up again they quickly throw out a more dignified topic, hoping we'll somehow forget the earlier violence. In footy this happens week after week after week.

They're basically the paedos of the information world, grooming and assaulting the vulnerable as they work viral dynamics against societal interests.

But, but, Information! But, but, I'm just giving society what it wants!

Hence, it attracts narcissists and sociopaths.

*Shudder*

All I want now is a like button
no second chances
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Who is Jack Ginnivan? The Age profile article

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Terrific article on our lad in The Age today. Not mentioned is the lack of self-awareness from others in the media that they’re the ones creating the public perception of who Jack is, not Jack. ;)

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/who ... 5bg1c.html
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

I read that this morning, nice article by an old time Nicks poster
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

Just read it - great article. You have to give it to Kane Cornes for turning around his view on Ginnivan. I love it that Gina's Tin Tok avatar is Cornes' head!

Most important is how much he is loved by all his team mates past and present, the coaches and us supporters.

Anything outside that is just white noise (pasty white in the case of Dangerfield - the soon to be ex-president of the Players union)
I think therefore I think - I think
Tanuki

Post by Tanuki »

That is a great profile of what seems like a genuinely nice young bloke.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

That can't be right....How did this article get through the editor?

Shouldn't the article say that he's a cheating, sniping, upskirting, lying piece of gutter trash who's got the most punchable face in the AFL.

Andrew Stafford's Linked In status just changed to "Looking for work"
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

thats brilliant, love you Jack!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!