Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

While watching, I thought, surely they've got this now after coming back from 5 goals down - this might just turn their season around. The last 5 minutes were hilarious. :lol:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Never forget!

Just some prep for Sunday ~

1988 - bonus Daicos footage, Starcevich with 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHdDPc ... =Gezza1967

1993 - lockouts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq64pMk ... =Gezza1967

2022 - the grim reaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64pgBqQ ... =SENSports
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Jezza
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Jezza »

Warming up…
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

^ Indeed…
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Jezza wrote:Warming up…
We wait in anticipation.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

^ Post match review and presser is done. Posts to come soon :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...
This club makes me want to cry.
I'm not sure Voss will coach out the season.

Diabolical.
Hawks beat Eagles by 116. Puts our win a couple of weeks ago in perspective
There are 2 teams out there

1 knows what they're doing and the other has no idea
We look like witches hats
I'm not sure Carlton have had a good coach since 1995

And even then Parko handed the reins to the players
Brendon Bolton would be pissing himself laughing.
Cripps and Voss animation on the bench captures everything we need to know.

It's chaos behind the scenes.
We are so poorly coached it's affecting the players

Our good players aren't being given the chance to show their strengths

Walsh looks a shadow of himself. Looks like he doesn't have a role out there.

Saad has had his attacking flair stripped off him

Harry and Charlie can't shine because of the game plan that doesn't allow them to be one out
We are miles off it because we are not good enough
Been saying it for a while now.
Are you starting to come around all you sugar coaters
It's so easy to beat Carlton

Stop Charlie and Harry kicking 10 combined

We make it easy for opposition teams because we predictably bomb it long to the two talls
Can hear Voss words already..

Nourishment
Forward connection
Didn’t finish our work

In reality every single week for 5 out of the last 6 weeks even against north.. we have started in a manner which does not give us an opportunity to win.

We then change…

We have some genuine club problems.

It’ seems to be everything
It’s actually funny how many times we have kicked it to Moore.

Its laughable how we have not anything at all about it
22 shots to 20, but thrashed.
We keep doing the same thing week after week expecting a different result.
We try hard but not good enough
All this talk we are good enough is crap
Club needs to reset
So many average players with poor skill
Collingwood put the que in the rack early
Ah well looks like it’s another 5 year rebuild then - only had 4 of them since 2002.

Whilst other clubs take 2 and three years to pick themselves out of the gutter of 17th and 18th place - we take 5 years and the best we can do is finish 9th.
Darcy Moore 25 touches - 17 intercepts

What do we do? BombBombBombBombBomb

Do we have nothing else?
Sat next to Pies CEO all game

Their perspective:
1) couldn’t believe how bad our execution is
2) and no connection
3) lack of ball pressure

Way too easy

Believe their heroes at Collingwood are the underestimated coaching assistants and suggest this is where Voss needs much greater support.
Our coaching panel are brain dead except for Hansen.

Voss has lost the players - he needs to go.

Appoint Hansen now.
Aaron "presence" hamill. Coaching players to have no "presence"
I wonder if a large part of it is lack of footy IQ.
Plus the coaching. Coll seem to be clear of what to do when and much they flick the switch from attack to defence instantly as required.
We stop when we should go; go when we should stop. Kick long when we should go short, and vice versa.
Looks like we’re thinking too much where Collingwood was ‘doing’.
Esp in the 1st quarter, they’d go for the ball and we’d wait for them to get the ball and then try to tackle.
Sadly, I wasn't the least bit upset at this result. Jumped early (no surprise there) Pies then drop it back a gear and hold us at arms length. We battle hard but execution and system let us down. Same old same old.

It's deja vu all over again. Crap skills, crap game plan, crap recruiting.
We were never in the game.

Only opp we had was when pies went a bit Hollywood as leppitsh called out at half time.
Heartbreaking reality is we are bog ordinary at many levels, coaching down. Miles from being even a competent AFL level on field program. Major issues everywhere. Finals are a pipe dream.

I think us rusted on members and lifelong supporters have been more than patient with the club. I for one can’t put up with the overall inept package we have been delivering since post bye last year. For mine, the club and Sayers should not overestimate what patience we have left.
The Pies ,Dogs, Bears, Cats, Dees, Saints and Port are 4-5 goals better than us. The rest we are a chance against.
We watch the blues hoping for miracles but they are not going to come. The players are not good enough. We need better players.
I think we have to play the hand we are dealt and play the (even) slower contained brand like the second half today and crab it down the field and try scrap out wins.
That is what we are best at. Particularly against the top teams.
Will be interesting what next year's membership numbers will be, and what campaign will be run.
Was calling for a mini rebuild about 2 - 3 years ago

List has been overrated. This seems to be a common thing for this club.

It’s like jogging on the same spot repeatedly and expecting a different result.

Eight years into a rebuild for little results.

Worst club of the 21st century and I cannot see the light
All of SOS'S draft selections outside the early picks are in the reserves or vanished already.
O'Brien, Fisher, Dow, TDK, Kemp, Cunners. SPS and Stocker gone. All high draft picks. That is the core of your rebuild. It's been butchered.
Voss press conference was actually ok.

Super super pissed off.

Very clear though that he wants a defense first game style. Wouldn’t even be drawn into a conversation on offense.

I reckon the paint was peeled from the walls.
Same confused, disinterested rabble I've seen for many weeks

In 2018-2021 when Bolton and Teague had lost the players, we'd lose by 60+

Our list is so much better now that it's about 15-30 points

I know Agro mentioned it as well but I will go to my grave believing something apart from our list is the problem

It is not a happy locker room

I read somewhere that Voss lost the players at Bris because he continually played favourites...that makes for an unhappy and distracted work place...output suffers as a result
Pretty average day at the footy as it’s been all year
I’m at the point of acceptance - acceptance that we’re a poor side and I can’t see that turning around in the short term
Our half forwards are diabolically bad across the list. We had 3 goalkickers today and it’s been the same 3 blokes all year that look remotely likely kicking a goal
We can point the blame solely at x, y and z but it’s a host of interrelated factors - the players aren’t confident, our skill execution is terrible, we don’t have any decent half forwards, our game plan is inefficient, our assistant coaches below par, SOS’ recruiting of mids and smalls was diabolical. A long way back for this club. Beth demoralising
That footage of Voss and Cripps doesn't have a good feel. Seems that definitely not on the same page. That is ugly.
Cripps is a cancer. He is sooooooooo immature as a leader and I DGAF who is bothered by those comments
He got his individual award last year...great, enjoy it!!!
Package him and his puerile tattooed mate to WC for their #1 pick (if they finish last)...I don't want anything else
Cripps has more of a destructive impact on that locker room than we think. Getting rid of him helps us enormously
What a waste of a day.

The main thing that stood out to me was how many players we had finger pointing at teammates to pick up a man, while not being anywhere near one themselves. I reckon you'd find the fingers being pointed were asking blokes to cover their man while they went off chasing cheap kicks. Cripps, Newman, Saad, Docherty all at the same stoppages pointing fingers nowhere near a man. Meanwhile I barely saw a Collingwood player do it all game - Daicos was probably the only one and fair enough really.

I'd prefer to keep Voss and attempt to try and find some solidarity/consistency in the role rather than expose the list to yet another game plan/philosophy, but he really should be held accountable for having ruined Sam Walsh as an AFL footballer. Remember when he nearly won the Brownlow three years ago, and now just another Andrew McGrath clone racking up cheap kicks off halfback, because Voss's game around high half-forwards pressing up to the centre got unravelled about 8 weeks into last year? In fairness - 14 CBAs for 0 clearances if we're being consistent. Just a shell of his former self that shows no capacity to, and at times no interest on impacting the game.
The Same thing happens again and again!! And its always the Same!

We lose the Game in the first 20 min and then spend all Game playing Catch up Football!

Voss has to be one of the dumbest Coaches running around. We got Destroyed by One Player because he marked everything that came his way and we kept bombing it to his advantage ( Moore).

Any Coach with half a Brain would have reacted quick and put a Tag on Moore or at least made someone run with him!

I don't know what those players do in preparation but week in week out, they come out half asleep and not prepared to go hard from the word GO. We are so sick of it!
I went to the game and must admit I left at 3/4 time. I had been unwell and almost didn't go (wished I hadn't bothered.)
I caught the early train home with lots of other disgruntled Carlton supporters.
Hard to win games when we always seem to be playing catch up footy, game was pretty much over at quarter time.
Charlie and Harry tried hard, not much else seemed to go right.
One thing I want to mention is that before the games I usually go into the Captains Club rooms where you can sit down and have a meal.
Just outside our usual room I noticed there was an area to the side that had been roped off.
Shane O'Sullivan was hosting and kept apologizing for what the club had to put up with and said Collingwood are everywhere.
Sounds like Collingwood for some reason got to use the room instead of us.
RockabyDaisy

Post by RockabyDaisy »

Always Love your work Jezza, stayed up waiting for this haha.
Collingwood FOREVER.
There is more to Football than life.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton)...
7 goals ******* 15 behinds now where have I seen this story before?

Every ******* week.
If Weitering is that cooked mentally, just sit him out for the season.

The only thing Carlton and Collingwood had in common was both teams going forward passed it to a Collingwood player.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

RockabyDaisy wrote:Always Love your work Jezza, stayed up waiting for this haha.
Thanks mate. Glad you're enjoying it :)
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton) Part 2...
That we only lost by less than five kicks is misleading. It is the way we continue to play - a way that has typified Carlton over several coaches for a decade+ - that is the issue. Green shoots, honourable losses, we're improving.....these are continual rhetoric in the face of the opposite happening. We looked "finals ready" over the first eight games of season 2022, before we got rubbery before imploding in the last 4 games to miss out on finals by virtually only one straight kick! Coach, players, culture....what is cultivating the ongoing problem stopping Carlton from meaningfully moving forward?
Our players couldnt tackle a fish supper,sick of watching this garbage week in week out ,year in year out.
An issue in today's thread is Steele Sidebottam laughing at us continually kicking the ball to Darcy Moore. In a sense it is symbolic of at least one of the underlying issues (deficiencies) which "continue" to afflict Carlton.
I don't care about Sidebottom or his comments.
Glad H got some goals.

We have a week to sort out our rubbish.

Sacking Voss is not the answer. He needs better quality under and around him.

If two of our leadership group need a rest, then rest them. For whatever reasons they are not performing, it's not a good standard. The other leader is coming back from major back surgery.

We need leaders to lead and it's not happening in the field.
That was the most uninvested I’ve ever been at a game. Just could not get that level of intensity, reckon I yelled out twice.
Talking to a pies mate, he said we are playing like the pies were in 2021 under Buckley. Joyless, slow s**t footy
He's not wrong :wink:
The lowest point probably came after the game, with Sidebottom saying he couldn't help but laugh at the way we kept kicking it straight to Moore.
Zero leadership AGAIN.
voss presser pretty bad
This club desperately needs a "line in the sand" moment.

Clubs play the man against us. A lot. Collingwood are absolutely the kings at it and while bitterly frustrating to watch I really don't blame them after the fact.

We don't play for one another as a team. We don't stand up for one another. We might have a push or shove for a moment but it achieves nothing.

Players hurt our players and there's no retaliation. The next time the bumper gets or plays for the ball he's not (fairly) under the pump.

We play scared and incredibly soft.

I would argue that every time one of our players has gone before the tribunal this year it's been purely out of lack of skill execution rather than hurt factor.

The last time we were a genuinely decent side (i.e. made finals of our own volition without requiring * to be kicked out) Mitch Robinson made a public statement, paraphrasing here, that the poor Melbourne teams played "bruise free football.".

There may be no club in the AFL who plays more bruise free football than what we've done so far this year.

I don't want us to go out and be dirty but I would love to see this team go out and hurt the opposition. If it costs us a player or two for a week because of poor execution it would be worth it

Tired of seeing teams just bully us without consequences and I hate to admit it but I admire Collingwood for being Filth.
Watching live, I thought it was Sidebottom that ran around unopposed for 2 qtrs that set them game up for them.
Jeez the press conference is grim listening.
Looks like the game plan will change only once Voss is sacked, good news is that’s only a couple weeks away. FMD can’t the prick just change it up instead of putting us thru this s**t again
I’m okay with losing. But the way in which we have been losing this year is so disheartening. I was all for starting a full tear down rebuild in 2015 or whenever it was.. but to still be losing this was 8 years later seriously hurts
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Such pain and anguish - and to think that our mean players did that to them. So unkind.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Hahaha....'Nourishment'?

To be fair I'd be going mental if the coach was serving up platitudes like that, we all remember 'got nutted at the clearances'.

Can't believe they ever thought Voss was the answer
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

A special shout out to WHE - in his post-match interview (on ABC radio), he admitted to being a lifelong Pies supporter and expressed his extra satisfaction at playing in a winning team against Carlton.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:A special shout out to WHE - in his post-match interview (on ABC radio), he admitted to being a lifelong Pies supporter and expressed his extra satisfaction at playing in a winning team against Carlton.
hehehehe! love it!!!!

cheers jezza, by gees they all seem a little sad but not real surprised!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!