Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 115 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Stui it’s like Xmas day on a weekly basis
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah, it reminds me of the post game thread on here after a loss, but this is more fun. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Jezza »

Another week, another loss for Carlton…:twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

I loved it. Carlton have a much better list and passed on Lyon for Voss, and the Lyon coached Saints kicked their arse. :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton...
Jesus we are such an ordinary football side.

Barely good enough to make finals I reckon.

What team has two Coleman medalists, a Brownlow medalist and a rising star and are as shit as us?
Same old Carlton.

Disposal is HORRENDOUS
Decision making DREADFUL
i managed to leep through the entire game aside from the last 3 minutes. lucky me
JSOS miss was the turning point.

The slow, chip around bullshit game is NOT WORKING.
Apart from a brief period in 2022, I cannot recall over the last 8 years, where we have clicked over an extended period playing fluid and cohesive football. Great balance between offence and defence, great delivery into our forward line, overlap play etc

Today was another example. It is a boring and plodding team with no real zing.

Eight years into a rebuild and have nothing to show for it apart from a better balance sheet.

It’s the reason why we have no respect from the rest of the AFL.
Ross (the Boss we supporters didn't want because he's mean at pressers) played the perfect rope-a-dope... and didn't we provide plenty of dopes today... just not confined to those wearing footy boots.

Picked the Saints as I have no confidence in this list and/or the game plan... so this loss doesn't hurt so much
Footy is meant to be fun. We have a bunch of super fun talented players but play a stodgy boring [REDACTED] to watch game style.
It's time to say it. We had Ross. We decided to run a "process" and lost Ross in the process and the process has produced yet another @#$%&! up. Another coach that isn't good enough. And yet another failed rebuild. We'll trod along in mediocrity for another 18 months. Finally realise we've [REDACTED] it up yet again. Sack Voss. Run another process and probably blow it all up and start all over again. We're not playing finals for another generation.
I'm getting old ... doubt I will see another premiership.
SOS and McKay blew any chance we had but the bigger picture here is we have a vanilla game plan that isn't going to take us to the holy land let alone finals. There's nothing unique and special about the way we play.
Last year we were contested bulls, dominating from stoppages. This we rank 17th for clearances. Work rate has dropped right off. Don't want it badly enough. Played one good game for the year, round 2 against Geelong.
We are shit to watch too.

Last year we were enjoyable to watch and this year I think we've had one decent quarter.
I don't think it would matter who was coaching this team. The playing list isn't down to Voss (yet). Carlton are coach killers. Ross must be thanking his lucky stars that he didn't end up coaching us. I really believe our ongoing lack of success is in large part down to our recruiters. Too many who can't kick, too many who are injury prone (many on large, long term contracts), too many who are built like scrawny 14 year olds, too many who are too slow, too many who are soft as butter when the pressure is on. Look at Hawthorn in their recent glory days; chock full of players who were hard as nails and good users of the ball. I despair of this club.
Seems as though we caught the comp off guard last year with an old game plan. Now everyone has gone back over the tape and figured us out.
We look completely lost on
(1) kick in strategy
(2) forward entries
(3) small / half forwards

How can this be with the players we have. it’s not a couple of players fault as all teams carry players
It’s got to be coaching or we have the thickest players in the comp.
I genuinely worry we will have another coach next year.
We had the top 6 highest ranked players according to the AFL app and still managed to lose convincingly. No one loses as well as Carlton.
Last year we were the most exciting side in the competition to watch. What has happened? Seen it once this year.
Lyon 1
Voss 0
Voss game plan is very similar to the lions when coaching there
and we know what happened there I have doubts about he’s coaching ability
and selection of some players
Just a normal Carlton season all talk suck us all in again
It is a joke Harry can't kick drop punt from 20m out.

But the coaches need to take some blame for this. Where's the development? The positive reinforcement?

He's 25.
Charlie is 26.

They're not young anymore.

The clock is ticking.

Cripps hasn't played a final.

Right now this club isn't going forwards in my view.

How can you have so many players dominate the stats and lose by that margin? That tells me the main issue is coaching.

Game plan
Selections.
Player development.
I have been saying this for weeks we are not good and the coach is not good
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton)...
We need a mini rebuild and probably a coaching change. Loaded up on contested and endurance footballers but have few with pace or skill.

Gameplan is slow and stagnant, and our inside-50 entries are predictable and ineffective.
Once again our structures and game plan are the reason for us losing.

And by structures and game plan I mean lack there of

Coaching team letting us down massively
How long must we suffer as supporters honestly?

How can a Coleman medallist be so utterly atrocious at kicking for goal?

How can our 3rd tall forward not kick a goal from 20 out directly in front?

How do we win every single stat line (bar inside 50s) and lose by 4 goals?

At what ******* point do we make statements at the selection table?

I'm so over the way we play, even we dominate for a period we do absolutely nothing on the scoreboard.

When is it ok to start asking questions about Vossy?

Look at the 2nd half of last season and now this season so far, where have we actually improved?

I'm tired, I know we're all so bloody tired.
That game style does not suit our list. It's horrid. We had the run of play and the rub of the green by the umpires in the first half and we were up by 3 points.

Our defense from turn over has to be one of the worst in the league. We get carved up so hard.
Poor disposal
Poor decision making
Poor goalkicking
Poor game plan
Poor team selections
Rinse and repeat next week.

Just so over it
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:https://www.theroar.com.au/afl/video/listen-carlton-fan-unloads-on-cooked-blues-in-all-time-talkback-radio-rant-1272305/

Hehe
I could listen to that all day :lol:
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Jezza, if posting that can, in even some small way, pay you back for the shameful but genuine joy you bring me with this thread, I would be delighted :-)
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Jezza, if posting that can, in even some small way, pay you back for the shameful but genuine joy you bring me with this thread, I would be delighted :-)
You've delivered the goods :)
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Observation from WCE vs Carlton:

Carlton's forward line does well when the opposition defence doesn't actually exist.

When the game is not on the line, Carlton plays brilliant team football.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Yeah they looked liked $100 last night....I can't be the only one getting strong Brisbane 2010 vibes about all this.... ;-)

Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

Carlton supporters walking out of the Lyons game before 3/4 time!! :lol:
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

Mossi wrote:Carlton supporters walking out of the Lyons game before 3/4 time!! :lol:
Their egos couldn't rationale the one solitary goal scored since quartertime, compared to the bounty against WCE reserves team last week; a week is a long time in football, so the old saying goes.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

What a great start to the weekend!
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/