Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Jezza wrote:
Insipid, weak, mentally fragile, pathetic bunch of pretenders. Promise much but deliver nothing.

Another false dawn. Another waste of time, hope, and money. Another coach that'll get torched by the cancer that is this football club. Another year without finals.

25 plus years of being the shit joke of the competition and another 25 to come. This club is rotten to the core. The bane of my existence.

This loss is more than the 4 points. The kind of loss that can unravel everything. From here we lose the next 3 and most likely miss finals. We go out of the 8 in the final round of the year after being in it for the whole year, you have to wonder what that does to the mentality and belief of this side.

This loss tonight is nothing short of a disaster. We didn't respect the opposition. We haven't respected our lower opposition all season and it finally bit us on the arse. I'm @#$%&! gutted. I wish I didn't care. @#$%&! this club
Post of the night! 8)
You found your "Tanking Carlscum" login, did you, Jezza? Surely that was posted by a Collingwood supporter. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Warm it up Jezza
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Jezza »

^ It's coming :twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

12-8 as Carlton edges closer to missing the finals.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

TalkingCarlton...
No one should even talk about this last quarter as a positive.

It’s a @#$%&! up that we didn’t play with any intent for the first 3 quarters
we have had some real dissappointing loses ... this is one of them.

like a few times this year ... everything riding on it, and we fail to rise to the task ...

i keep remining myself, we are a 6 to 10 side, and that honestly seems about right for us this season ... but gee some real dissappointing loses this year ..

its not the losing as such, but the fact that we never gave ourselves the opportunity to win ..
I'm feeling a lot less bullish after that. Season not over yet and I still reckon we'll scrape into the finals but can't see us getting past the first week.
Even that last few minutes we had got back into the game, albeit without a real shot at winning. got our percentage back then let them kick 3 easy ones. Fk me! Couldn't even maintain the 15pt margin with 3 min to go. That would have been at least something and some real momentum to carry into next week. Even stuffed that up.
So @#$%&! disappointed. Two weeks in a row we have played some of the worst football you’ll ever see. With a finals berth on the line.

Inexcusable.

There isn’t one team in the league we would of beaten these last two weeks. Not one.

All credits we have built up have fully evaporated. That’s on everyone. Players, coaches, the whole @#$%&! joint.

Will lose our last 2 games by plenty and miss finals. After being in the 8 all year.

Because we are Carlton.
We are not making finals

Lose our next two. Bulldogs win their next two. In the 8 on percentage. That’s how I think it will play out.

Could be the biggest fall out of the 8 by any team for a long time
We look completely shot. Will be surprised if we win another game. Probably puts us 9th but may slip into the 8 by default due to Dogs and Saints struggling.

The season has really unravelled which is a tough pill to swallow after a very positive start to the season.
Ugh... this one didn't even hurt. The performance was entirely predictable and as expected.

The next 2 weeks will be worse. Our midfield becomes Walsh and Cerra and no one. We're [REDACTED]. The season is [REDACTED]. And I'm struggling to see any more positives than the early Teague days which were filled with similar hope.
Pretty disappointing game, although expected to lose.
Gave them a 6 goal start and lost by just less than that.
At least we finished off the game and almost got into a winning chance, only to let them kick those late goals.
What a rotten way to finish off what has been a pretty good season up until the last month or so.
Our disposal was terrible, I think we handed them about 3 goals in the first quarter.
Cripps is in trouble I think, chose to bump and will pay the price now.
Anyway, there is always next week.
We will never be ultra competitive at the business end of the season if we don’t cut out our unforced errors

Those errors in the first and second quarters was VFL standard

It says to me there are players in our team who will never stand up in finals due to the increased tempo and pressure

There really is no point persisting with them

I don’t care how you play in round 10. It’s what you do towards the end of the season that really counts.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

BigFooty (Carlton)...
That’s all she wrote for 2022.

Get everyone in for surgery (probably the whole team at this rate) and prepare for 2023.

Also wouldn’t mind seeing half the list cut.
I was hoping the players might have had a rousing response in them after last week but wary the effects of a long season may have set in and unfortunately today confirms it’s the latter.

Alarmingly there is also now enough evidence to support the claim we cannot run out a full season which is probably the scariest thing because that’s when the the real season starts.

I’m usually quite optimistic about I think it’s hard to see us coming remotely close to winning another game this season so I can’t see us making finals.
Humiliating being so easily held at arm's length the entire game.
Crapola.
Don't let that late surge fool you.

We were absolutely polaxed.

When the game was there to be won they dismantled us and we had no answers.

Our ball movement was boring and predictable, and our skill level was woeful.

Only once the game was beyond our reach we started taking chances.

Lions took the piss out of us tonight.
For the second week in a row I have nothing of value to add.

Just extremely disappointed in such a lacklustre effort. Wasted year.
Welcome home blues fans, to the honourable loss factory
Where was that in the first half
Monstered in the centre clearances, 24 to 8. Not going to win many games with that type of performance.

The Score line flatters the Blues, utterly out worked when it mattered. I've seen Auskickers with more heart.
It has to be mental, right??
Not disappointed, just angry.
Completely expected.

Just a mentally weak club. Last quarter players who were terrible under real pressure got better when the lions pressure disappeared. Notably Fisher and Cottrell who were terrible lifted but only when pressure totally dropped.

Lions got themselves in trouble, lifted and we wiltered away within 3 mins.

Just a basket case the last 6-8 weeks and it's not gonna change the next two weeks
It isn’t over till it’s over for this season but doesn’t look good.

Guessing Cripps is suspended for 2-3 matches as well.
No solace from that last quarter. Lions smashed Carlton and when Carlton threatened, they put on 3 quick goals.
Just have completely lost the plot, look nothing like the team we were earlier in the season. Lost all run through the middle and dare bar for 10 minutes in the last quarter when the game was done
That was worse than last week. Mentally weak. We have an incredibly soft team. Making finals now would be an insult to the top 8.
That was ******* woeful, Voss has absolutely no idea what our strengths & weakness are.
Disgusted with that effort
Shameful performance
Bottom 9 players are barely AFL. They put so much pressure on our good players that they turn the ball over.
It doesn’t matter if half the list feels the pain of missing finals, since they’re not good enough to play in finals anyway.

We need better coaches, players, game strategy and injury management.

We’re teetering at the edge of the 8 in a very, very weak year of competition. The reality is we have a long way to go.
I think our soft draw early did wonders for our confidence and got us up and about. Reality has hit hard since the bye, however.
Well folks…that game shows us exactly where we are at, and if anything the score line flattered us.
Who was to think that a win by 3 points - from 50 points up - earlier in the year has made for a nervy final 2 rounds.
We need another pre season but it’s disappointing that it looks like all our progress we made is being eroded.
How many goals have the opposition walked in the last 2 weeks?
At least a dozen.
Utterly woeful. This team is going as badly as we were under Teague - in fact, I almost feel sorry for Teague.

At least Voss has a fit Docherty and Curnow to work with, along with Cerra, Young, and a year extra on most of the other guys.

To rinse and repeat from the last few weeks, anyone blaming the bottom 6 is looking in the wrong spot. Every team has a bottom 6. Ours are being asked to do far too much because our top 6-7 are playing so poorly.

Of everything I think the saddest thing was that when we got it back within 5 goals at the end, Brisbane won every single of the 6 center clearances after that, and they were all an utter procession. That's Cripps, Walsh and Cerra (along with Fisher) allowing the ball to walk out. The last 3 goals they kicked were Docherty, Weitering, Saad all getting caught out.

Right now our best players can't even show fans the respect of providing a decent junk time comeback. So much for 'honorable losses' - I think I'd rather go back to those under Teague than the rubbish we've served up the last 2 weeks.
If we somehow hold on and make the 8 with 12 wins, it will be 8th and we will play our first final in a decade interstate against Sydney, Fremantle or Brisbane. Not what we were expecting a couple of months ago.
Well, we made it all the way through to rd 21 for the optimism to disappear. It usually happens by rd 5 or 6. That's an improvement right?
Standards are too low :lol:
Pretty sure the club just booked the local pub for mad Monday after the pies game
I don’t want us to make finals and play this way. But I also don’t want to miss finals after being so close to achieving it all season.

Ultimately, ill be pleased if we make finals and proud of the group for breaking the trend. A lot of emotional commentary in here is understandable, yet we’d all be rapt to have a berth. But something has to give because we’ve been struggling for 5-6 weeks now. Everything seems so off.
What a bloody joke time for the coaches to sit them down and explain that you can have talent,skill,poise but if you don't have aggression at the contest and a will to put your body on the line at all costs you aren't ever going to be going anywhere in this competition.
I always try to be positive but this is our most disappointing season for 20+ years.

I really believe this list should be top 4.

Injuries have been savage and our season has gone in to a tailspin since the Pies game but we can't just spin out the "Work in progress" line.

I'm not sure we're in a better position than two years ago
Top 4? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sadly my prediction of a month ago is on track.
We will hang on like a sticky dag until Collingwood put us out of the eight on the last day.
We have two weeks to find a win and salvage the season. I can’t see it next week against Melbourne, Collingwood is the only chance.

I wonder whether we go back to Teague Train Ball and just release the shackles and go all out attack.

Because it’s the only time we look okay. The ball movement for the first 3 quarters were painful
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Thanks, Jezza - it's like warming my hands over a fire in midwinter.
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

The saga continues!! :lol:
The unfolding chapter could bring more despair to the main characters.Will they hang on or will they go down the gurgler.

Thanks Jezza
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

Kelly just asked... "what are you giggling at?" :lol:

Great work Jezza, that's made my week on the opening day 8)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Can't believe I forgot about this thread!

Great work, Jezza!
kill for collingwood!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

So glad we did not pick Voss as coach to me he is another Buckley great player but just can not coach.
Piesnchess
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Have the Bluebellies done a Sack Voss thread yet. ?? ha ha ha ha.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The General
Has liked: 3 times

Post by The General »

I actually hope they make the finals.

Would be a perfect season if we manage to beat them twice in the home and away season. And again in the final to finish off their year.

Three wins against them would just be so perfect.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

^
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!