#38 Jeremy Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

So, Kennedy and Seedsman for Howe and pick 68. Or, of you prefer to break it down into its constituent parts, Seedsman for pick 32, then Kennedy and pick 32 for Howe and pick 68. The sense you get is that Collingwood was quite pleased to move Kennedy and Seedsman on.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

If this is true we are getting ripped off !!!

I mean that sincerely.

Essentially we get Howe for Kennedy and Seedsman, no f arking way!!!

I thought it read that we would get pick 32 as well, but apparently not....

Don't care about 68 UNLESS that is the difference between us getting Aish.
Last edited by magpieazza on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

thebaldfacts wrote:Shocking trade. Don't even want Howe. Prefer draft picks.
You well may. The Club, on the other hand, doesn't want draft picks - it plainly wants players.
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

thebaldfacts wrote:Shocking trade. Don't even want Howe. Prefer draft picks.
Superficial reasoning.

We have had a good run of highish draft picks for the last few years and the club is bursting at the seams with kids.

We need young and proven players to bridge the gap between youth and experience. Howe along with Treloar and Aish provide this.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Pies4shaw wrote:So, Kennedy and Seedsman for Howe and pick 68. Or, of you prefer to break it down into its constituent parts, Seedsman for pick 32, then Kennedy and pick 32 for Howe and pick 68. The sense you get is that Collingwood was quite pleased to move Kennedy and Seedsman on.

Which is severely underselling our players.

Seedsman for 32 is fair but Kennedy for 68 is F.......
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Pies4shaw wrote:So, Kennedy and Seedsman for Howe and pick 68. Or, of you prefer to break it down into its constituent parts, Seedsman for pick 32, then Kennedy and pick 32 for Howe and pick 68. The sense you get is that Collingwood was quite pleased to move Kennedy and Seedsman on.

MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Ends up not a bad result for us

I dont think Seedsman would've got many games for us next season and according to most threads on here that talk about kennedy he was a terrible player
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

magpieazza wrote:

Not happy. But then again I was not happy about Crisp and Varcoe last year.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

We just got rolled in value terms. If Tom Bell is worth 21 and Seedsman 32 that is bad enough but we a\have effectively given up 2 players that should be worth Second rounders and got a second rounder (Howe) and a crap 4th rounder in 68. Yuk
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
TurkishPie

Post by TurkishPie »

Kennedy + Pick 47 for Howe would have been a better deal
themonk

Post by themonk »

magpieazza wrote:

Meanwhile Hawthorn is getting pick 15 for Anderson, does he have more of an upside than Seeds?

Time to move on and focus on the big 2 now, Treloar & Aish.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

MAY-Z wrote:Ends up not a bad result for us

I dont think Seedsman would've got many games for us next season and according to most threads on here that talk about kennedy he was a terrible player
Not when we're selling :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Howe will be the Crisp of 2016.

Watch this thoroughbred as he runs amok along the wings of the MCG.

Never rated Kennedy. Not one bit. Happy for him if he makes a career at Melbourne. Seedsman showed glimpses but far too inconsistently.

Turning fringe players into best 22 is what we need. Depth is OK but we need less depth and more quality. Howe will have a better career at Pies than he did at Melbourne
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

It means we didn't get the most out of our stock.

I'm furious because Kennedy was a valuable player and should have been portrayed as that. Melbourne had high value put on him and I reckon Kennedy and a late pick for Howe is about right.

Winners are not Collingwood, however I wouldn't be surprised if it came out tomorrow that we do get 32 as that would make sense. That way we can get Aish with two second rounders which is what Collingwood should be angling at, you would think!!!!
Culprit
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

Collingwood Receive: Jeremy Howe, Pick 68
Collingwood Lose: Paul Seedsman , Ben Kennedy

Howe (played 22 games this year for 10 goals) for Seedsman (played 12 games for 4 goals and a blinder ANZAC Day ) and that is pretty good as far as I am concerned. Pick 68 for Kennedy, that's about where I rate Kennedy.
Last edited by Culprit on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.