Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

Post by Bucks5 »

Back onto Ginnivan. Had too many beers at the Hawks B&F and then called in sick to a kid's football clinic.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 7930e0d4dd
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Where did he finish in the voting?
Bucks5
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Bucks5 »

9th
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Hutchison calls out Ginnivan and Watson after kids clinic cancellation

Post by LaurieHolden »

“That is a low act”: Hutchison calls out Ginnivan and Watson after kids clinic cancellation

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10/09/ ... ds-clinic/
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Seriously is anyone really surprised ?
Part of Ginnivan’s exit from the club revolved around his commitment and being part of a TEAM
He’s selfish and a individual who doesn’t realise he plays a team sport and what he says and does reflects on the team and club
Just proves we did the right thing in letting him move on
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

...It's a B&F and this is Australia. Whoever organized the kid's event the day afterwards is the one who needs talking to. Australian's getting pissed and not showing up for a work commitment...who'd have thunk it.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

A huge difference between a mere “work commitment” and disappointing many kids who were keen as mustard to be involved in the clinic! If the piss up was his first priority, surely he could have cancelled his appearance weeks ago? The players are given plenty of notice regarding such events. Piss poor effort I reckon.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

He should be given a bonus for teaching the kids a valuable lesson...disappointment. Remember when Sidey ran through the streets naked while on a bender? Wonder how many kids he may have scarred. Plus who cares, he's not our problem.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

So you reckon Sidey streaking late at night and Ginny letting kids down at a footy clinic are comparable as the same thing? 😳 okay 🥺 I think they are chalk and cheese but if you say you can eat both, go right ahead! And you have totally ignored the fact that Ginny could have thought ahead and cancelled the event. Piss poor effort.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'm in the camp where I call piss poor effort.

The B&F is scheduled well ahead of time, so when they agreed to do the clinic they knew it was the morning after the B&F. They had 3 choices.
1. Ask for a better date. If that couldn't be done.
2. Decline up front or
3 Having agreed to do the clinic, knowing that parents were paying for it due to their appearence, make an effort not to get shitfaced so you can front up next day.

Signing up to do the clinic then pulling out at the last minute with a hangover is piss poor.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

SLORT wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:07 pm ...It's a B&F and this is Australia. Whoever organized the kid's event the day afterwards is the one who needs talking to. Australian's getting pissed and not showing up for a work commitment...who'd have thunk it.
I get what your saying but this is a little different
Firstly the event wasn’t a club event
It was a side hustle Ginnivan and the wizard have been selling for themselves for the off season
Not illegal at all but when you charge $65 a kid and then message (not call) a little over a hour before and just say we’re sick and can’t make because your hung over and made the booking yourself then you should have at a minimum had the decency to call and offer a apology
I guess we see it differently but to me that’s just weak as the proverbial
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

derkd wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:26 pm I have a question:
Why do some pies fans wring their hands over Jack Ginnivan?
I was a lukewarm fan when he WAS at Collingwood, I never liked his duck first attitude. Or his attitude in general.
He has shown that his issue was less on field ...more off field. By that I mean worry more about what he gets up to when the season ends.
Mark my words Hawks fans, you lord him now...but your off-season of worry is about to start. Particularly if Hawthorn has a 'pat themselves on the back' season finishing say bottom half of the eight.

Watch with interest
I didn't think I would be quoting myself this early in thr off-season.

It is not a huge deal, just a footy clinic, but if speaks volumes of attitude...and why I am so grateful Ginnivan is no longer on our list.

He has the potential to derail a club, and as Huttichsion alludes to in the article "if Nick Watson, is falling into Ginnivan's orbit of influence - be worried".
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

derkd wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:54 pm He has the potential to derail a club, and as Hutchinson alludes to in the article "if Nick Watson, is falling into Ginnivan's orbit of influence - be worried".
They're a bad influence on each other... The whole club is drowning in hubris. They love to throw out sh**. But when Hinkley has a harmless dig, they can't take it.

Hinkley just said: "You're not flying anywhere, you cheeky f**k."

Sheesh... $20k fine for that?? Ginni should bloody well pay it.
Presti35
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 172 times

Post by Presti35 »

Carlton may take Liam McMahon in the rookie draft. Had a great couple years in the VFL. 198cm Key Forward.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

Presti35 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:22 pm Carlton may take Liam McMahon in the rookie draft. Had a great couple years in the VFL. 198cm Key Forward.
So... we're screaming for a KPF or KPF, and the club decided to dump this kid well before his body had matured, after not giving him a run in three seasons?
I can't see him landing a spot in carlton's forward line ahead of CC, McKay or TDK.

Another Hine debacle from 2020 draft, taken next to Poulter at #s30 + 31:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_AFL_draft

Aaron Lord went at #49; just as well McCreery has developed from pick #44, otherwise this draft would have topped 2013 as Hine's Opus.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever