Post Match. Pies dump Toast. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Donny »

So many highlights. :D

The one that did it for me was Checkers' left foot goal. Just superb.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

...yep that, plus Adams' game saving smother at the end.

By the way, Adams has demonstrated that he is our captain in waiting.....hopefully he gets it next season.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I watched a bit before and Stephenson gave a long hand pass to a player in the clear then ran at warp speed to follow up and resume the forward thrust if needed
The kid did several other link plays that counted. A step in right direction
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:
Donny wrote:So many highlights. :D

The one that did it for me was Checkers' left foot goal. Just superb.
...yep that, plus Adams' game saving smother at the end.

By the way, Adams has demonstrated that he is our captain in waiting.....hopefully he gets it next season.
yep, totally, he really saved the game, a librarian in the making!!! perfection without the tantrums!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Abdul The Bull

Post by Abdul The Bull »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
BBHS wrote:Up there with all the greats wins. Still smiling today. Checkers left foot goal ont he run will live with me forever was unbelievable
Like Heater's smother in the 2010 GF, this is when I 'knew' that the Gods were on our side and the game was ours...
Yep, such a strange, unfathomable force those footy gods. Some games they have no influence,or are definitely against us, but I too just "knew" that they were on our side in this game. The brilliant goals of both Checkers and JDG in the last quarter were the greatest testament to that. :wink:

Watching the replay, I finally found the passage of play from young Daics that was purely magical. Third quarter (I think), he was amongst a pack of players in the middle of the ground. He used his feet soccer-style to control the ball on the ground, then with a delicate, deft little kick gave it backwards out of the pack to Crisp. Extraordinary!!!! He then ran forward, got the handball and delivered superbly to Checkers in the goal square. Just brilliant.

What was also great to recognise in the replay was that Stevo was an entirely different player from a week ago. He worked really hard, showed some sublime dashes of speed, tackled hard and performed lots of 1 percenters. One in particular in the last quarter, where he came out of nowhere to punch the ball clear and stop a likely Eagles mark in front of goal. Another selection win for Bucks and co who took the risk to put their faith in him again.
Well said PP. Daicos definitely has some of his old man's sense and ability. He is developing very nicely and will become a great asset to the team. I can't help but feel that amazing goal against Sydney was his coming of age and cemented his self-belief.
Nice observation on Stevo as well. He did look like a different kid out there on Saturday night. I'm glad for all concerned that he has battled through.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

With all observations above we must agree there have been positive steps over a torrid season
And the first final brought many to the fore
Daicos his season and final
Stevo buying in to the team
Cox learns to use his body in marking
Two new lads playing their finals and doing well -Quaynor & Cameron

Always look on the bright side of life I say
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Presti35 »

Honestly though, who packed themselves when Maynard coughed up that goal late in the game?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

I’m not sure if anyone notices, but Quanor’s footy IQ (no pun intended) is through the roof for a kid. He looks to shepherd and block etc. every time for his teammates. He is one smart cookie out there!

Case in point, the final play after picking up Noble’s errant kick in that final frantic minute.
Est. 2002
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Presti35 wrote:Honestly though, who packed themselves when Maynard coughed up that goal late in the game?
Yep. I thought that was going to cost us the game.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

In case anyone’s interested, you can listen to the Triple M commentary of the match with Dennis Cometti here (audio only):

https://youtu.be/3-oLPWWKBVk

Game starts at 22:30 and final quarter begins at 2:12:50, for anyone who wants to skip forward.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I went and looked at the Quaynor defy nudge to give Adams time to gather the ball
Just imagine the years ahead with he and young Daicos (Josh) and Moore plus DeGoey
Drooling
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

RudeBoy wrote:...yep that, plus Adams' game saving smother at the end.

He can wait. Pendles can play for a few years more I think.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

Presti35 wrote:Honestly though, who packed themselves when Maynard coughed up that goal late in the game?
Me: "F#$#$ng Maynard!"
Get back on top.
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Presti35 »

It's absolutely amazing.

Collingwood win and its because of the umpiring. Every free or missed free is highlighted. The other teams dubious frees and throws or whatever are forgotten about.

Collingwood lose and the umpiring was fair and you cant blame that. Even if it costs you a Grand Final.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Presti exactamundo. It’s been going on for years