Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Jezza wrote:Bahahahahahahaha Carlton's hit a new low now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MB is absent tonight so I'll be posting quotes from both TankingCarlton and BigFooty! Back soon...:twisted:
Where is MB at?
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

TankingCarlton Post-Match Discussion Posts:
yuck
Jamison refused to shake Robbo's hand post game.....looked pathetic, childish
Hope it's worth it MLG otherwise they should string you up outside Ikon.
Throwing up after looking at Mith Robinson..Uurk..
I would be throwing up as well! :lol:
Geez, where do we start?!

So many areas to work on
Wish I hadn't of seen that - very flat.
am looking forward to the usual excuses trotted out during the week. i always feel reassured...
2 goalless quarters
pathetic efforts
Brilliant tanking effort! :wink:
We're the club nobody wants to play for any more. Used to be StK. Fitzroy. South Melbourne. Now it's us.
Meanwhile, the Dogs get cleaned out by the powerful clubs and GWS and still come back for more, get a few good recruits and are in the eight.

The club is doomed to mediocrity for the foreseeable future.
Just hand back the keys

I don't have the strength for this shit anymore
We'd be doing alright to be mediocre right now.
I think we might just be shit
If Henderson isn't re-signing, he shouldn't play again
We [REDACTED] up this rebuild. Huge gamble the club is taking with this approach and expecting people to be patient through another rebuild. Personally have little faith they'll get this one right.

No recent success to fall back on either. Next few years won't be pretty. Average membership. Poor crowds. Brand value low. Leaking cash.

Club is at serious risk of heading the way of Fitzroy. Hate to say it but IMHO it's true.
That would have to be our worst loss in years.

Is there a ten goal difference between 17th and 18th? Would they win by ten if we played them next week? if they get a priority pick on the back of that win...
That showing pretty much sums up where we are at......

The thing that stings though, are the constant embarrassing moments we have to sit through supporting this club. There have been a lot over the last few years - and tonight was no different.

Making Robinson and McGuane look like good footballers is about as much as I can take.

Kreuzer the no.1 pick being shown up by Stefan Martin (was he delisted by melbourne??) defs stings

Just off the top of my head:

Watching Dale Thomas trying to kick a football and hiding him in the pockets was pretty tough to watch, especially his game against collingwood - I can't really remember seeing a player have a worse day.

The embarrassment that is Liam Jones and his mate Jason Tutt

Having Josh Kennedy bag 10 goals against us.

Having Sticks Kernahan as president for 6+ years

Bootsma

Also drafting Lucas, Watson and burning first rounders.

Using a second rounder on Rowe

Not beating Hawthorn for a decade.

Watching Bryce Gibbs shepherding air down the wing

Watching a whole season of players running away from the ball carrier, instead of tackling, with onlookers bemused.

So many more I'm missing or have repressed I'm sure

Long story short, I'm tired of watching the footy and genuinely feeling embarrassed for my club.

Even now, I still don't believe they will change their ways but hey let's hope so!
Wonderful memories to look back on in the last 13 years! :lol:
These are the players that didn't want Robbo and others at the club......nice.
Four spoons plus two runner up spoons in 14 years. The worst part is that we haven't bottomed out.
That's actually the best part! 8)
I have a mate who is a Collingwood supporter watching the Netball worlds on TV and reckons it's a better spectacle than the footy.

Unfortunately we can't get it here...

I said to my wife the other day,
"Carlton is killing me. I have to get more involved with Cruz Azul (Mexican Soccer club)"

After 55 off years of barracking, going, winning, losing, being a member and supporting them through the post salary cap years by getting my friends to join up and keep the joint afloat, I'm just about exhausted.
I thought we'd bottomed out as a club in the mud 00s but this is going to hurt a lot more for a lot longer.

I can't believe I'm sitting here
One sure thing. Barker won't be coach next year if that is the best his team can do whether or not he inherited it.
Honestly, 2 years ago we played in the second week is September. How'd they go backwards so quickly?

Heads must roll
You were never that good to begin with and the fact you played finals because of the Dopers being banned from playing finals in 2013 should speak volumes of that.
๐Ÿ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | ๐Ÿ†
Piesnchess
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

FOR YOUR OWN SANITY SCOTTY BURNS, DO NOT, DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS BASKET CASE, YOUR CAREER WILL NEVER EVER, RECOVER. !!

FOUR, YEP, FOUR WOODEN SPOONS, TWO MORE THAN THE PIES NOW, AND NO FLAGS TO SHOW FOR IT. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]Carlton's BigFooty Posts:[/align]
Abysmal.

You know when things are so bad that they become almost comical.
Well that sucked.

I don't even know where we go from here.

Welcome to rock bottom all.
Hopefully that is the lowest ebb.

On the plus side, we'll most likely get to pick who we think is the best young player in Australia to join our team.
...and mess up his development! :twisted:
What a ****en disgraceful excuse for a football club.
Can you sack a caretaker?
I know I'll get howled down by the anti-tankers but genuinely feel we are closer to a flag tonight than we were 3 hours ago.

We need talent. Tonight gives us talent and some bargaining power.

Couldn't give a rats about a loss in a meaningless late season game by a team whose spirit and motivation departed about 6 weeks. Bring on the new coach, some new talent, the off-season and let's start again

Sorry - I know it's not what people want to hear.
That my friends is what we call delusional :lol:
All that say that we don't have something wrong at this club need to see how Jamison refused to shake Robbos hand after the match.

We let Robbo go because he had an attitude problem, he goes to Brisbane and his attitude instantly improves, whereas a player like Jamison's attitude goes down the gurgler.

That there is all the proof one needs to see that this club has a big issue that it needs to address regarding why players that play for us start end up like Yarran is at the moment
That was worse than the Mother's Day loss to the lions...

Sad thing is I witnessed both
Im off to bed, with a bale of hay Under each Arm!!!
Mission accomplished, another number 1 draft pick :(:cry:

Worked so well previously.
If that wasn't 'tanking', then I don't know what is.
All I was hearing was out on the full and deliberate tap-outs.

NO JOKE; A week before the first round I tipped Carlton for the wooden spoon. How right I am becoming.

Murphy, Jamison, Henderson, Tuohy, Curnow and Everitt all had shockers tonight. I can't believe we have lost to this mob, TWICE!!!
The Carlton Football Club has turned itself into a complete and utter joke.

It has not learnt what proper drafting is, just throwing money at a reputation earnt elsewhere is the way to go.

The only players who have developed and done so in clear spite of the program in place.

The board is an arrogant, dim witted elitist conglomerate of self interest an faction. As long as they have stroke **** the rest of it.

No brain, no heart, no guts...thats most of our playing list outside of Murphy, Kreuzer, Cripps and a couple other kids.

We clearly have nk coach or coaching structure, in fact top line candidates are flat out saying no.

We have no respect, for ourselves or from others. We have lost all dignity and integrity.

13 years removed from the salary cap saga we are still the single biggest joke in the AFL and its all our own doing.

But hey at least we can coddle ourselves we EARNED this number 1 pick......that is so totally worth the barren wasteland we made out of a paradise right?

I am done for the year.... can't be bothered with this shit.
I don't know what this club stands for anymore..

This bottoming out was many years in the making, and no one person can be individually blamed.
I am concerned about the ability of the club I have supported and loved for 45 years to survive in the long term.
As was rightly pointed out by commentators we are at least 5 years away.

That effort tonight was poor at best. Did anyone give a toss.

Jamo, not a good look. Like to know what was said before passing judgement.
So we get rid of Robbo because he had an attitude problem, now he's at Brisbane his attitude starts to improve
whereas we have players like Yarran and Hendo and others that now have bad attitude problems.

And you can add Jamo to that list with his refusal to show sportsmanship by sharing an ex team mates hand
This is what happens when your club thinks it's a good idea to give a failed fringe forward from a club with no forward line a three year contract.

This is what happens when you give away your leading goal kicker for free two years in a row.

This is what happens when you make a player from another club your highest paid player when he hadn't played footy for almost two years.

Thus is what happens when you ignore medical advice that the above player will never fully recover. And you do it again, and again, and again until some idiot tells you what you want to hear.

This is what happens when you recruit players (such as Levi) with deficiencies ( a KP who can't kick straight), and you can't be bothered doing anything about those problem until they've been on your list for 6 or 7 years.

These problems, and many more, aren't directly the reason we lost tonight. They're just general indicators of a club that's been incompetently run for a very long time.
Well never thought I'd say this but the the club has almost lost me.

Don't give a stuff about draft picks at the moment, need a team that wants to be competitive every freaking quarter of every game.

Flat as....
Very easy to let emotions flow over and blame the current side and coach but in all reality once the emotion is taken out of it this loss was set up 6-7 yrs ago and has been slowly coming for some time. You get what you sow. It's sad but not surprising.
Club is a complete sham on every level. We're so poor it's actually comical.
Not sure if I feel worse after this loss or to the Hawks......on one hand, a record breaking loss and on the other hand, a 10 goal loss and going into 18th spot....same numb feeling afterwards though. Piss poor effort to not even play out 3qtrs.
One question can anyone find a single player who earned their full pay with a 4 quarter effort?
Let's hope Daisy's shoulder is improving.He owes the club two massive years.
Another player who excels when he leaves our toxic club. I can't wait to see Yarran and Hendo kill it at decent clubs next year while Thomas and Jones wear the navy Blue instead.
I feel worse because Brisbane are not that much better than us.
There is no way we are going to win the next three games not even against Melbourne.
You were never a chance against Melbourne to begin with! :lol:
C'mon - laugh everyone - we are a joke right?
The Carlton Football Club, redefining rock bottom since 2015.
Did we knock the bombers/hird off the back page?
I doubt it! You're not that important! :lol:
Was there any redeeming part of the game to make it worth watching the replay?
I feel sorry for our next coach. So much work to do! I just hope the Board are patient this time!
Sad and embarrassed.
Happy and ecstatic.
Jamo should've done the Everitt germaphobe shake!!
Winston Churchill said he slept soundly for the first time in ages after pearl harbor knowing that it signified eventual victory. Same too will Stephen silvagni tonight.

Yes, I am drunk.
๐Ÿ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | ๐Ÿ†
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Piesnchess wrote:FOR YOUR OWN SANITY SCOTTY BURNS, DO NOT, DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS BASKET CASE, YOUR CAREER WILL NEVER EVER, RECOVER. !!

FOUR, YEP, FOUR WOODEN SPOONS, TWO MORE THAN THE PIES NOW, AND NO FLAGS TO SHOW FOR IT. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
From what I've heard, I think Brendon Bolton is going to be the unlucky man here! :lol:
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]TankingCarlton Post-Match Discussion Posts Part 2: [/align]
our so called leaders, are so damaged, and so mentally fragile that we quite simply have to move them on ASAP. players that have been good servants of the club, but they are unable to take the club forward. I'm talking about, Carrazzo, Simpson, Jamison, Walker, Henderson, Curnow, Rowe and Ellard. These senior players have spent so long in a poor environment that they don't have the tools needed to lead us out of the mire. we've got to get them out before the next group of young players suffer the same fate.
Kennedy
Grigg
Laidler
Hampson
Robinson

But we've gotten

Thom_ass
Jones
Tutt
Dick
Whiley

And kept list cloggers

Ellard
Armfield
Rowe
Curnow
Watson
Warnock

Have I missed anyone.... Anyone see where I'm going with this.... And now I have to sit through another rebuild due to the incompetent muppets that have ruined my football club
I can't believe I am saying this but the biggest issue for this club now is it's viability

Our record over the last 15 years is so diabolical that I'm losing hope that we will ever get out of this never ending cycle of mediocrity

That's dooms day thinking, but we haven't seen the worst yet. That is a scary thought.

Surely, the Board must be replaced now
At least nobody is mentioning how we took Yarran over Rich............oops.
@CarltonFC: Barker: "I think our supporters know where we're at, too. We need to build under our core group."
And that core group will be recruited over the next 5 years
dont forget we have a fair few shit players and a fair few simply not ready.

we're simply not that good either
You have to wonder if the AFL are concerned about Carlton right now.
At least we wont have to hand over money to successful clubs under this equalization funding.
It is going to get worse before it gets better, and I am also worried that are now beyond repair and there is no coming back from this.
Free agency is just another hurdle that the bottom clubs have to over come thanks to the Player's Association.
Sponsors will drop off, one is apparently ending its sponsorship with us at the end of the year.
We have a large debt, falling membership and crowds and on field we are a rabble.
I pity the next coach, it will a short career after we have finished with him.
Great result Baggers....seriously. So we have the top draft pick in the bag. Whoop whoop.

The Robbo/Jammo thing is an absolutely waste of time. Move on.

Go Blues.

Bolton.....come on down :P
Wow, we really flowered ourselves up tonight :P
My plan was to watch the game and go back to bed after the sun came up and have a sleep before breakfast. waste of time. I might as well get to work in the garden before it gets too hot. No way I could relax enough to sleep.

I ask myself every week why I put myself through this and I can't come up with a rational answer.

My step mum is a mad Doggies supporter. Buys membership tickets for her grandchildren every year and they are all grown up now and as mad as she is about their club.

They haven't won a flag for 61 years. And that's the only one!

How do they maintain the passion?
Before we think of trading out players for draft picks and the glory the number 1 draft pick might bring, we need a strong board who's going to make the right decisions, elite recruiters and a solid coaching/development group. Until we fix those key areas, extra draft picks and trading out players is just shuffling the deck chairs....we'll be in the same position in 3 years time.
The full weight of the Madhouse appointment is now bearing down on the Carlton FC and its going to be a heavy burden. A coach might not not make a side ... but he can certainly break a side.

Its gunna be a long climb back. Tonight was horrible ... get use to it.
MADHOUSE still having an effect long after he's gone!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
They're not playing their best footy knowing that Barker won't be there next year.
The Board..... seriously, relax....they have a Palestinian and a Jew on it so they'll work it out no doubt.....

And to the rest of you...relax....early in the second quarter as future Captain lined up for goal, good ol Dermie was predicting that we would flog them....we then had a bad few quarters......As Douglas Adams might say....relax.
That Was pathetic. One of the worst performances by players in navy blue. Well the lions won't be getting a priority pick. Robbo may have been an idiot, but he plays like a kamikaze and showed us up tonight. good weekend for Carlton rejects. Certainly this means JB won't be getting the job. Whoever Does get it has a lot if work ahead.
The club does NOT listen to the members or supporters. They think it's all about sponsorship and pokies money and forget the gate and membership sales. It's been posted elsewhere several times but we have lost an entire generation of future supporters. I went into a shop to buy a Carlton jumper for my kid last time I was in Tassie and the shelves were packed with them while Hawthorn and Geelong, Collingwood and even Brisbane and Sydney were all sold and or only had XXXL sizes left. Why wold a kid in Hobart want to buy a Brisbane or Sydney jumper? It beggars belief that they would ask their parents for that.

No kid in school wants to be seen dead in a Navy Guernsey.

That's the future unless we get some on-field success. Doesn't have to be flags but we have to get back into September action or there will be no club.

In my opinion, if we don't turn this around within five years or less, we will merge or fold. We're worse than Fitzroy was at the end.
Brisbane still may finish below us as they have a tough 3 games coming up.. They could drop enough percentage for it to happen.

Although we should get an almighty smashing in our last game.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Funny thing happened on the way to the draft .......
It's a poor talent pool this year
The #1 pick isn't going to save this mob because who will kick the ball to th kid ?
I've got mail Bolton will be offered both the crows and blues job which one will he take do you think ?
Burns won't take this job there's no amount of money any decent coach will want it.
A few have a,ready ruled themselves out one after being interviewed what does that tell you ?
They have nothing to trade for picks
They have no cap space to chase free agents not that there is many out there this year really
The best thing out of tonight is if Aish was watching the club he doesn't want to play for play a club that wants him he will find his way to the Westpac centre very quickly
Thanks Carlton just when I was feeling down about a narrow loss to a top 6 side you give me this result and hand us Aish
If it didn't go against everything I stand for I would buy a token membership as a thank you gift but hell in not giving you a cent towards survival
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]Carlton's BigFooty Posts Part 2:[/align]
3 years ago it was Ratten's fault. 5 years prior to this it was Pagan's fault. 5 years prior to this it was Brittain's fault. When we sack the next coach, invariably it will be their fault as well. The Carlton Football Club, where coaches go to fail.
Six pages of discussing a non-handshake after we drop to the bottom of the ladder...
What concerns me is that I am getting to the point that I don't give a shit that we are woeful. Sad really.
Typical of no Carlton player coming in to help Jamo out when all the jumper pulling was going on.
Yeah it's the medias fault that we blame MM.

It has nothing to do with the fact that under his tenure we lost our entire forward line, brought in players like Jones and Tutt, not too mention Thomas on huge money when he even struggles to kick 30 metres these days.

It has nothing to do with going from a playing group under Ratten that could score easily but not defend properly, to a playing group under MM that lost their ability to even score whilst still not knowing how to defend.

Yep sure, it's the media fault and not the above reasons why we have gone dropped further and further down the ladder ever since MM was made coach 2-3 years ago.
I'm having a terrible night. Big Footy is not working. FMD.

I need to find a clinic where I can detox. I'm over following Carlton. The lack of effort from all bar a handful is killing me. The team that represented Carlton from 2003 to 2007 had an excuse. They were awful. This team doesn't have an excuse like those players. This one lacks heart and a work ethic. Never mind the lack of talent. In two seasons Carlton has gone from a middle of the road team to a rabble. How can they do this so quickly? I think I'll wait for the next bandwagon because I'm embarrassed to support the club.
Convinced SOS and the other big dogs have told Barker to 'tank'. The side we put out there was never, ever going to win an AFL game and everyone knew that.

Genuinely scared for the next few years. Why would any young player want to come to us? FFS Cripps will probably get offered a $1m a year to replace Priddis in 3 years whilst we're still hovering around 15th as a part of 'SOS' Plan'.
I thought we had finished with the bottom of the ladder stuff. It hurt to hear the talking heads say that they would rather be at Brisbane than us. I thought Henderson put in a bit more of an effort tonight.
Ex Blues players having a good weekend so far.
Can't wait to see what is in store for us tomorrow.
I wouldnt shake robbos hand either. He is a *******.
At least BF is making me laugh after another horrendous loss.
It's certainly making us laugh over here! :lol:
It sucks to watch Eddie/Jeffy even Waite do what they do for another Club - even Robinson played a blinder tonight...letting Malthouse into the Club has been an unmitigated disaster.
MADHOUSE!! :twisted:
Are we in priority pick territory yet?
It's not going to help you even if you were in that territory! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gonna put a tenner on Jeffy kicking 5 against us next week.
I just don't see any player not playing who would have made a difference. To suggest a tank is a cop out.
I'll be honest, as terrible as this sounds, I didn't even follow the match. Because I knew exactly what to expect.

I checked scores now and then, which made me especially happy to not witness the trainwreck.
Rofl.

One big bar-fight going on in here. Passmark just broke a bottle over ODN.....SOAP crunched a chair over HBF.....oh, and Harks just eye-gouged JAB. Pretty sure.
I'll put my hand up and admit that word was probably unfair.

But calling it "pathetic" that a bunch of supporters choose to believe that Jamison made a poor choice in this one instance and describing those supporters as having "turned on him" is certainly equally as unfair.

Edit: Opposition supporters must be loving this.
Do you reckon Garlett will kick more goals this season than the 43 he kicked 2 years ago?

Waite has kicked 29 goals in 18 games this season. Last year it was 29 in 16 games, the year before 27 in 14 games & the year before that, 27 in 11 games. A bit of a pattern there one might suggest, but yeh, he is clearly much better now than when he played under Malthouse.

Wow!!
Apparently Simmo was in tears after the game/visibly upset... :mad:

He deserves better, it doesn't look like he'll be playing any finals again in his career.

I think its wrong to say the players don't care or are hurting. I am confident we will put in a much more competitive effort against the Dees.
Can't wait till Schache arrives, can release Rowe from fullback.
mandy

Post by mandy »

#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Hey how bout we go after Cripps ? He has great clearance ability looks like he has some skill and is probably the scums only real talent coming through. Taking him could set them back another 3/5yrs worth it in my mind
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'd like that - but I'd like to see it happen through unrestricted free agency as he's hitting his peak - I do not want them to receive any compensation from us.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

The great thing about the point they've finally reached is that they did it on the back of using their past woeful on-field performances to recruit Kreuzer, Murphy (worth remembering he could have gone to Brisbane as a F/S - how does that feel now, I wonder?), Gibbs and Judd. And they've also got Thomas and Yarran and Walker who were all originally very high draft picks.

We would have killed for that many top draft picks (not just "first rounders" but just about top of their year talents). How can you have that many and not field a competitive team?

On the other hand, their parlous position does offer an insight into how well Collingwood has done in recent years with turning fringe players into draft opportunities. Everyone in the country (with the possible exception of 35Forever) now knows that Thomas is all but done but we turned him into a first-round pick. We turned Dawes, Wellingham and Beams all into much higher picks than they were originally and we got a good young player in place of Heath Shaw (even though losing him hurt). The Blooz, on the other hand, have put themselves in a place where they have few serious trade options. Clubs might offer something good for Henderson and Yarran but the Blooz will still be well behind where they were before they gave up those players.

Personally, I think 5 years is optimistic for them. By the time their new "crop" starts to look competitive, most of the old "crop" will be just about done (or gone).
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Oh, by the way, we all forgot to sing Happy 28th Birthday to Daisy on 21 June.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Here's a fun video - just a warning, you may have to decontaminate your computer after clicking on the Blooz site:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2015- ... n-round-20
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Hey how bout we go after Cripps ? He has great clearance ability looks like he has some skill and is probably the scums only real talent coming through. Taking him could set them back another 3/5yrs worth it in my mind
I'm pretty sure that Cripps is contracted for at least another 2-3 years. They extended his initial deal last year from memory. I wouldn't be surprised in one of the WA teams come knocking on his door in the next year or two with a big fat contract to try and entice him home.