2024 Collingwood Memberships (inc. AFL, MCC)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Sorry to hear. That needs to be fixed.
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

First time I've heard of any member being "punished" for not attending enough games. Surely that spells the end of interstate/overseas legends members who don't go to any H&A games, but buy the membership for GF tix. It always surprises me when there are multiple empty seats in the Ponsford stand on Anzac Day.
Also why does Collingwood offer a buy back of seats if members can't attend? Pretty hypocritical if they then take your reserved seat away for not going!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Phuck me! I was overseas for much of the past 2 yrs, so missed most games, but still purchased Legends memberships for my son and I. I'm actually overseas now, so wonder if my seats have been lost as well?

After the shoddy treatment of legends members getting GF tix, this is an indictment on our club, if the club is now unilaterally punishing members for non-attendance.
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

mine still says place holder.

I do not want to sit on level 2.

the membership cost has gone up a ridiculous amount, and they are treating us like this?

Im off to the club to see the cup, I might ask the question while I'm there if I can.

My thing is, as with the finals, I sat there all year, for the last 13 years, why does someone else get my seat now, or in finals?

so much for side by side and loyality
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Presti35 »

I've been on hold for some time, roughly 45 minutes. Now I'm expecting a call back. It took 3 weeks for them to reply to my original email. I understand it's been a busy time for them, but sheesh.

The on hold music also is interrupted by them saying expect a call from us if you've been affected by the seat changes, but then say if you haven't heard from us by now then we cant priorities your seat. Thats confusing too. The emails are also confusing.

Hopefully get an answer soon.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Ok guys, I have finally spoken to someone.

I feel somewhat better.

I was told the low attendance means its recommended to take the GA option. However, they are calling backwards in years of service and are around the 23-24 year members mark.

They are about half way through calling everyone they need to.

They have assured me that we can sit together, but it will not be in the same away seat that we've had (We recently moved them anyway). It could still be level 1, but it could and most likely will be level 4 or a different stand.

The GA option is recommended for those who didnt go to many away games in the last 2 seasons. But it isnt set until the club has spoken to you. If you haven't received a call and are 23 years or more, then your seat hasn't been moved.

There's 11,000 seats they've had to relocate for away games.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I spoke to the club, no queue , she said we are due for a call in the next 2 weeks, I explained I’m deaf and worried about missing it or not understanding the person on the phone. She made a note we would like our seats on level 1 or close to it. See what happens now.

Disappointed the coffee shop is no longer open to the public. They had the replay on in a theatre room which was cool!
think positive

Post by think positive »

got my letters today, and it says away seat level 1 placeholder.

so hopefully, we are still level 1!!
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

After my bank declined my automatic membership payment, I eventually fixed everything & paid my invoice. My away seat is listed as GA8! And this is after I got a phone call & moved my away seat to M36, Row K, from Row M. So I don't know what's going on now!
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

maurs64 wrote:After my bank declined my automatic membership payment, I eventually fixed everything & paid my invoice. My away seat is listed as GA8! And this is after I got a phone call & moved my away seat to M36, Row K, from Row M. So I don't know what's going on now!
I think that GA might be for the Richmond or Hawthorn game when we play them as the away team.
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
dillo_09

Payment double ups

Post by dillo_09 »

Hi All,

Just wanted to advise everyone who is on payment plans and paid upfront plans to watch their CC statements.

I paid for 2 1892 memberships last week in full but yesterday they debited my credit card for another $149.90 as if I was on a payment plan.

I rang and after 45 mins on hold & waiting for a call back they told me that the money had been taken from MY credit card but applied to another persons membership. That person is part of our group so its not a major deal. The club asked me to ask him to call back in and revise his credit card details and they have refunded to my CC (well in 3-5 days) so no major dramas.

However you wouldnt want others to miss an extra charge on your CC. Be vigilant!!
Last edited by dillo_09 on Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Finally got the call yesterday, no change to our seats! Absolutely wrapped!
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

The club made over $6 million profit this year so they should be able to keep members happy
I think therefore I think - I think
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Bit of an update on our situation too. We're able to sit together, but our away seats have been moved.... 5 rows closer and staring with an aisle seat too.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

2024 membership pack

Post by stui magpie »

Mine arrived today, I was on auto renew on monthly payments.

Lanyard, stickers, scarf, membership card and a nice little pin that says 2023 premiership member. No cap which doesn't bother me, I don't wear caps.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.