Injury Tracker 2023

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:I know this sounds awful and I apologise in advance to his friends and family (not his teammates), but hearing Sam Walsh needs back surgery did make me smile...
No I get that! I won’t generalise but I know for a fact that heaps of Carlscum fans in Bendigo would be laughing at us if it was a Collingwood player
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Any news on kruger.

From reports Moore and Adams are coming along nicely in their rehab and are tracking well. Aiming for a late January traning for Moore and early mid Feb for Adams.

Still no news on Kruger and that troublesome shoulder.
Quincy
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Quincy »

90 nice wrote:Any news on kruger.

From reports Moore and Adams are coming along nicely in their rehab and are tracking well. Aiming for a late January traning for Moore and early mid Feb for Adams.

Still no news on Kruger and that troublesome shoulder.
Adams has already been training pretty well. Moore unseen on the track at this point.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Spelt 'Kreuger' everyone. Right arm in a sling at training this morning - no med update at this stage. Looks like he has had a recent Op.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

How many times has his shoulder problem occurred since arriving at Collingwood
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

From Collingwood website:

Collingwood advises Nathan Kreuger has undergone a reconstruction on his right shoulder after injuring it at a training session prior to the holiday break.

While no firm timeline has been placed on the key forward’s return to play, it is expected Kreuger will be available for selection within the first six weeks of the 2023 AFL season.

Midfielder Finlay Macrae experienced a stress-related back issue in December last year. His load has been managed with the 20-year to resume running in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, key defender Darcy Moore has started running after a bone infection (osteomyelitis) delayed his start to pre-season.

“It is unfortunate for Nathan Kreuger to have sustained an injury to his right shoulder after experiencing a setback with his left shoulder last year,” General Manager of Football Graham Wright said.

“Nathan underwent surgery last week and, at this stage, the aim is for him to be available within the first six rounds of the upcoming season.

“Fin Macrae has been working through a stress-related back issue and the plan is for him to be back running within the next couple of weeks.

“Darcy Moore is tracking well after suffering a bone infection and we are pleased to see him back running and re-integrated into the football program. Due to the nature of Darcy’s setback, we will continue to monitor his progress closely and will provide further updates in due course.”
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

"Adams likely to miss entire season"...

Oh... Brissy's Adams. Marcus? Phew...
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

How correct is Tay Adams long term injured
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Feeling bad for Kreuger, really hasn’t had a good run at it yet. Let’s hope this doesn’t turn into a Lee Walker disaster movie. Still get shivers seeing his talent wasted because of those knees. Best wishes to Kreuger on this recovery and hope he’s on the paddock for a sustained period soon
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

BazBoy wrote:How many times has his shoulder problem occurred since arriving at Collingwood
other shoulder I believe
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

The other shoulder

Right then Nathan get better then get out there mate
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

If I was Kreuger, I would temper my savage attack on the ball.
It's that or mothballs.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
themonk

Post by themonk »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:If I was Kreuger, I would temper my savage attack on the ball.
It's that or mothballs.
Then what's left?
Quincy
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Quincy »

Macrae is coming along slowly due to his stress reaction in the back.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Hoping Krueger isn’t Rusling 2.0