VFL 2nd Semi Final - Collingwood vs Sandringham

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Fire Up wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:Team Announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgpVjROh1RQ

Moore at FB - WTF?
moore wont play at fb. that's where the players just get named anywhere come selection night.
Actually, looking at the side, with Still, Close and Witts all named in F50 it wouldn't surprise if Moore stayed in defense. Either that or he plays on a wing.
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

where did this mob end up on ladder? apart from in top 4.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

perthmagpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:Text version, courtesy of BigFooty...

B: Jonathon Marsh Darcy Moore Michael Manteit
HB: Paul Seedsman Matt Scharenberg Matthew Goodyear
C: Clinton Young Patrick Karnezis Tony Armstrong
HF: Brent Macaffer Jarrod Witts Ben Kennedy
F: Jack Blair Michael Still Ash Close
Foll: Mason Cox Jack Hellier Sam Dwyer
Int: Gus Borthwick Nick Gray Cal Matheson Ben Moloney Ryan Pendlebury Jeremy Taylor Jake Williams Brayden Maynard Lachlan Wallace
Nice looking team. 15 AFL listed. Plenty of scoring power there. Just a bit worried about who will stop their crumbers scoring.
Good to see Shaz named. Team certainly looks better with him, Moore, Marsh, Goodyear and Kennedy in the starting 18. Still 4 players to be omitted from the squad but you'd imagine Maynard to will hold his place.

Shame Viola had to be omitted but Borthwick deserves the 23rd spot. Been sensational.
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

jackcass wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:Text version, courtesy of BigFooty...

B: Jonathon Marsh Darcy Moore Michael Manteit
HB: Paul Seedsman Matt Scharenberg Matthew Goodyear
C: Clinton Young Patrick Karnezis Tony Armstrong
HF: Brent Macaffer Jarrod Witts Ben Kennedy
F: Jack Blair Michael Still Ash Close
Foll: Mason Cox Jack Hellier Sam Dwyer
Int: Gus Borthwick Nick Gray Cal Matheson Ben Moloney Ryan Pendlebury Jeremy Taylor Jake Williams Brayden Maynard Lachlan Wallace
Nice looking team. 15 AFL listed. Plenty of scoring power there. Just a bit worried about who will stop their crumbers scoring.
Good to see Shaz named. Team certainly looks better with him, Moore, Marsh, Goodyear and Kennedy in the starting 18. Still 4 players to be omitted from the squad but you'd imagine Maynard to will hold his place.

Shame Viola had to be omitted but Borthwick deserves the 23rd spot. Been sensational.
You're right about Borthwick. Just a kid, but gee he crashes in like a much older player. Can't teach that. A real credit to him to be so good at contests at that age against men much older and stronger.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

John Wren wrote:23 degrees forecast for sunday.
Awesome! I'm in! Be great to see a fame without freezing, hopefully, we don't freeze! go pIes!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mattys123

Post by mattys123 »

Fire Up wrote:where did this mob end up on ladder? apart from in top 4.
They won their last 7 games of the home and away season to finish 2nd.

Then they didn't score at all in the first quarter last week, sort of the loss that was coming.

They did come from about 8 goals down last week though to lose by only 7 points.

Very difficult side to beat, probably the third best team in it really, but they have been weakened a little by not as many Saints listed players coming back.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

think positive wrote:
John Wren wrote:23 degrees forecast for sunday.
Awesome! I'm in! Be great to see a fame without freezing, hopefully, we don't freeze! go pIes!
so long as there is no wind. the bay breeze cools things a bit.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Does anyone know if there is a way to view it in Queensland? Live streaming or TV??
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

As above, but in Sth Australia?
kickit2me

Post by kickit2me »

It's got nothing to do with this thread...but I didn't want to start another thread for a tit-bit of info......

How did the Blair Watch Project end?

Oh yeah......go VFL Pies.
"And that effort by Ezard was pathetic" - Don Scott.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

kickit2me wrote:It's got nothing to do with this thread...but I didn't want to start another thread for a tit-bit of info......

How did the Blair Watch Project end?

Oh yeah......go VFL Pies.
By my reckoning, he averaged a "Tidy Tyrian".
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

mudlark wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to view it in Queensland? Live streaming or TV??
leonmagic wrote:As above, but in Sth Australia?
No on both counts.

Channel 7 only have rights to broadcast each of the respective state leagues in their respective states. Which is understandable, but I still think it's absolutely weak not to even put a replay up on Plus7. Fortunately, our club puts its own tapes up for viewing online.

But as for live broadcast outside of Victoria, I'm afraid it's Collingwood Radio through the app or the website, or bust...
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

leonmagic wrote:As above, but in Sth Australia?
Sadly Not. Best Chance is the VFL Vids that CTV puts up or download the Torrent of the CH7 Coverage
I am Da Man
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Good luck to th boys this weekend
Looking forward to you updates batman for us Qld'ers who don't get coverage.
I'm really happy we are playing the kids like Moore Marsh Goodyear Scharenberg etc will be great for there development to play under pressure in a finals match against men
Yeah the knockers will say it's only VFL but a finals series at th level below AFL certainly is above anything else they have played thus far
Interested to see how Moore goes being moved back in defence after olaying forward in th AFL.
For mine I think the guy who will show the most improvement from his time in the seniors will be Marsh.
The more he played the more comfortable he looked.
Had a couple very handy run & carries against the dopers and his intercepting marks and hard running showed he isn't out classed at AFL level.
Time for Moore and the others to show the coaches they are must pick for round 1 2016 when barring injury there should be enormous pressure on spots in the seniors.

Go the pies
Pies by 16
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Hi all interstaters. I was watching 7 Mate last night and an ad came on informing that ALL VFL games will be live !!! I'm pretty sure 7 mate is a national broadcaster and what ever is on is the same every where so check out 7 Mate and fingers crossed.