Who'll be sacked first?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

David wrote:Admittedly, before we start writing Hardwick's epitaph, he did get them into the finals for about the first time in a thousand years in 2013. They seem to be going backwards this year, but you don't sack a coach over one bad season. Well, you do if you're Richmond.
remember 2007, how we got to the prelim, then went backwards the next year?
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

Haha, God help me!

Of course, then too people were falling for the simple fallacy that a team's ladder position is somehow a direct reflection of a coach's quality. As if there are no other factors at play. :roll:
Rexy17 wrote:might just put my money on Hird as the first to go after tonites news
Put your house on it. Though, he's already gone as far as I'm concerned.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

John Wren wrote:
David wrote:Admittedly, before we start writing Hardwick's epitaph, he did get them into the finals for about the first time in a thousand years in 2013. They seem to be going backwards this year, but you don't sack a coach over one bad season. Well, you do if you're Richmond.
We finished 2007 13-9 and 2008 12-10. We won two finals and nearly squeaked a third in 2007 and won a final in 2008 (that's with the knuckleheaded Shaw and Didak suspensions to cope with). There wasn't much between the sides in reality.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Can I add Jimmy Turd?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Hardwick to go first because he raised expectations last year and this year with talk of top 4... the team will try and fail over the next few weeks and he will be sacked because he can't get the club to take that next step! (as if anyone could)
Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

Malt house looks worse every week if u ask me, due to their horrible list, aging stars and bleak outlook. May as well start again with a young coach, cos they won't be contenders for at least 5 years.
Buon Giorno
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
We finished 2007 13-9 and 2008 12-10. We won two finals and nearly squeaked a third in 2007 and won a final in 2008 (that's with the knuckleheaded Shaw and Didak suspensions to cope with). There wasn't much between the sides in reality.
it may have been 2009 i was thinking of. there was a period where we copped a few hidings, iirc.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

If we give those blues another hiding in two weeks time (in their 150th). It could just tip MM over the edge!!! We must make sure we beat the blues in what will be their Grand Final in 2014
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Yeah, I think Dave and John's point was that even that slight perceived slide back sparked mass hysteria on these boards.

Not sure it's relevant when talking about Richmond. They have slipped much further, and such a slide is just cause for a coach's sacking in my eyes. Only thing that might save him is that he's contracted for 2015.
Well done boys!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote: remember 2007, how we got to the prelim, then went backwards the next year?
it may have been 2009 i was thinking of. there was a period where we copped a few hidings, iirc.
Finished 4th and made the prelim in 2009, but were belted 120-47 by the Cats.
Well done boys!
EBB

Post by EBB »

Wonder what year Mr Wren will come up with next :)
understanding stuff, with endeavour to overstand..
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
John Wren wrote: remember 2007, how we got to the prelim, then went backwards the next year?
You might be right actually. I think Hawthorn flogged us twice that year and Carlton posted two easy wins over us (which always hurts) as well. And from memory Essendon belted us the second time we met too.

We were a work in progress building towards 2009-11.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Well done boys!