Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

The honeymoon is over.

FI-NALLY!

Rejoice!

Back soon...

:twisted:
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

undermanned

underskilled

inexperience
Poor conversion saps confidence
Big ? Mark over Hendo
Un sighted
That holding the ball against Graham earlier was a poor moment for the game.
Top 3 pick is looking good
Tutt should never play seniors again
That's what they said...
2014 what a waste of a draft
Pretty good draft, actually...
Yarran playing Hollywood football atm, looks very disinterested.
One day, in a land far far away, an umpire might one day give us a holding the ball decision ...
shithouse again boekhorst

he is terrified out there
Draft pick well spent...
Honeymoon officially over

Bulldogs not great tonight but we out did them with our poor disposal
There's sh-t, and then there's sh-t...
Reckon that's one we threw away. Better kicking in the 2nd qtr would've had us a good lead and probably have meant we come out a different, confident side in the 3rd.
was terrible

but also wasn't terrible

i think we did well to keep it a contest , earlier in the year we lose that by shitloads

Dogs were average though as well
we were awful.

dogs not much better.

Don't think we could play much worse to be honest - margin probably flattered us.

Wrappeded in Buckley and Graham still - plenty to work with for whoever the new coach is.
Few players are a waste of time. Tutt & whiley offer nothing special. They need to offload or pay out their and jones contracts. Waste of funds and spot should be given to more deserving kids.

Hope Cripps & Everitt get up for tigers.

Ugly game overall. Not many positives.
Boekhurst, johnson, wiley, tutt dont look good for our future.
Broomhead, Kennedy, De Goey, Maynard, Freeman look good for ours!
not sure what Tutt offers at this level. not quick enough, not strong enough and not a good decision maker.
He offers the chance to deprive one of your youngsters of a game. Good enough for me...
Sakc the kids!
Tutt wont make it, Johnson will struggle.
:lol:
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Thank god the bastards lost, cant stand it when we lose a very tight game, against a top team, and they ground out an undeserved win. Any bluebellie loss makes a Pies loss so much more bearable, they are playing above themselves as they are in preservation mode, many of them dont want too be delisted at seasons end, so are finally desperate, but it wont last, as they are just soooo shit house in so many areas. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

Good to be back here after quite a few weeks. Here are Carlton's BigFooty post highlights.
If you can't kick, I don't want to see you in the team anymore.
Didn't get to see the last two matches but surely we didn't play like that then ??

Just a lot of silly errors and poor decisions by our players, really could of set ourselves up in the second quarter but couldn't nail it on the scoreboard.

Final margin was a surprise, didn't expect us to be so close actually.
Expecting lots of recently absent posters to come out of the woodwork
bad goalkicking rears its head yet again. something we've had issues for some time now.
Out coached and out played... enough said.
such a boring game of footy, ekkkkkk
Our disposal efficiency & goal kicking cost us that match.
Been said already by a few, just didn't take our chances
Well there is three hours of my life I will never get back. The most frustrating game to watch I have endured for a long time.

Anyhow, with Suns back in business and a tough run home we are now in the frame for the spoon again.
If only Arnfield wasnt 3/4 re tarded he would be some player
Whoaa the AFL website doesn't hold back...

*I may have edited this slightly.
I'm not too disappointed in that
Horrible and flat match to watch

Commentators were bloody awful. More time calling Stringer "package" and talking about Evel Knievel - absolutely putrid.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Okay, off I go.

Be advised however, it was an ordinary game of footy, so it might be a while before I can mine sufficient misery from TankingCarlton, so bear with me for a bit...

Jezza, to your post!

Back shortly...
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Since midway through the 3rd quarter vs Gold Coast, Carlton have kicked 15.31.
@#$%&! the umpires

we are shit

but seriously @#$%&! them

what an awful 'spectacle' that was

incompetent pricks
We battled hard but a few too many guys who either aren't up to it or aren't ready
no torpedo either

robbed
Out: Fields
Ordinary by Carlton tonight. We know very well they set up vroom the backline, yet we had no plan for it. Richmond got the ball unnaposed while we went back to defend, not good enough.

We played slower, with these stupid 30 metre chip kicks. Is this how our coaching staff thought we were going to win it?

We need someone from outside the club to come and coach this team.

Honey moon period is over.......
Not much went our way.

A lot of players looked sore coming into the game, and that got worse during the game.

Not much left in the tank by the end.

I wouldn't worry too much about what we saw tonight.
How bout them umpires aye, is it wrong to want them executed by Mayan high priests.
Dunno. Ask Dyso... :lol:
I think I know what you're saying, but anytime Carlton show such a poor skill rate, and such little depth, I do worry.
No criticism of maggots allowed
Players are pooped... Not easy to back up twice after 6 day breaks and especially after eithad..

Too many passengers but....
Have not recovered from the mark paid to vickery and not kreuz.
Red wine is gooood.
Not cold anymore.
If this last quarter doesn't prove that Henderson should be in defense I don't know what does
wtf umpire

seriously wtf
Could'be been a lot closer if we mastered the art of kicking the ball through the goals.
*shrugs shoulders :confused:

Even if we'd won tonight, this game in general is just going from bad to worse. From absolutely abdominal commentators, to even worse umpiring, I continually ask myself, why?
I agree. Best switch to working the arms and legs next time around... :lol:
FMD going backwards at a rate of knots
Been terrible tonight. Nothing to get excited about. Plenty to worry about.
We get on top of sides at times and kick points, points and more points. Then the other lot kick the inevitable goal. Players need an easy week so use the extra available training time goalkicking! It's killed us 2 weeks in a row.
We will kick less than 50 points. Herein lies the problem.

Bell and Cripps have had two average weeks too
You know things are bad when you start watching the seagulls instead of play.. hey?
CHIP FIGHT!

Effort okay but too many passengers. Just reality of where we are.
If we could actually put a ball through the 2 big sticks we'd be right with them despite all the shit.
Rather put time into Boekhorst than Menzel at the moment.

Lazy and unfit
In. Dictment.
An insane amount of basic skill errors tonight
Just basic stupid mistakes
Other clubs have worked out our run and carry game and closing us down. Defensive scraps aren't our strong point as we tend in turn it over in those types of games alot. Barker's first test is to be able to work our way through that.

As for goalkicking there's an argument that it cost us last week's game (maybe) and stopped us from making this a much closer contest. It MUST be rectified! We're due an easy week on the track so use the extra time to goal kick, goal kick, goal kick!!! It murders you in low scoring games when chances are at a premium.
Sounds like another example of the wonderful modern game...
I don't think I have seen as many missed handballs drop marks and miss kicks in a game ever
AFL as a game is rooted. Please, add more rules and interpretations this season and next too!! The umpires, players, commentators and fans all have no idea what is going on. They have stuffed it with overlapping rule after rule - and this is the spectacle we get.

On carlton, that went about as expected. We just don't have enough talented players, that's what happens when you miss so many 1st and 2nd round draft picks over an extended period.

So our skills are poor and we are left with players like Tutt, Bell, Army and co who have glaring deficiencies that just can't cut it.

Hendo smashed up forward, proved how good he can be down back but we all know this.
Menzel couldn't get a sniff, if he isnt training, why isn't he recuperating?
Yarran has lost his head.
Curnow, Carrots, White, Army, Bell, Tutt, wood, Casboult all are poor field kicks. You just can't expect to be a good team with so many bad kicks.

It will take a few years
Round the boundary like the Malthouse days. Is it a coaching issue. No, it is a list devoid of skill.
It only gets harder for Barker from here. He has sipped the froth of the beer. Now its the real stuff.
Henderson and Yarran lack heart.
Carrazzo is not good enough to play 50 games and has played 200
Kreuzer an enormous influence on this side
Gibbs and Murphy are not A listers or leaders
We have no midfield
Casboult and Thouy ok. White Tutt not Afl
Fields needs 12 months development but I didnt see a lot of Afl qualities on that performance
Did we win a single match up? I can name a few who broke even, but did anyone win one?

36 inside 50s...
Terrible game. Imagine how many neutrals would have turned their TV's off and went to bed when the Kreuzer mark was given to the man waiting for the crumbs. Killed the game. The advertisers will not be happy.

Blues were pretty bad. Passangers. Losing Jamo early didnt help. Yaz all over the shop. Forwards were not match for Rance.
Cripps played like Carrazzo and killed a lot of our attacks. Field very raw. Menzel not much chop at the moment.
Shaun Gale was the dominant ruckman tonight :lol:
hendo to play back if not trade him simply not a forward
So. Much. Ordinary!

:twisted:
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

:D it may have been an ordinary game of footy Magpie Bat but they went down to the tigers! A lot of blue supporters hate it as much as going down to us! :lol:
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

We may have gone down to 6th on the ladder but seeing Carlton lose is still worth it!

Back soon from BigFooty...
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]Carlton's BigFooty Posts:[/align]
Another loss. Umpiring ruined the game as a contest for mine. Our skills were as bad as last week however.
Endeavour good, lacked polish and some dumb footy killed us.
Umpires
Skills
Injuries
%$^
Geez, we looked flat-footed from the first bounce. No intensity, soft tackling, no team play, dropping marks, kicking like amateurs,
Horrible spectacle.

Horrible umpiring.

Horrible skills, even on both sides arguably, just we were worse.
J Bannister trying too hard not to bias ex club
What a boring game of football that was.
Does Chris Yarran want to play football. I mean seriously??
Well that game didn't really reach any great heights.

We were bad, Tigers should be embarrassed and the umps should be demoted.
Geez I can't wait until the end of the season
Eddie McGuire making too much sense tonight.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
So I watched the last qtr. looked ordinary. Skills aren't up to it. We scruff and scrap and bring teams down to out level.

We look slow, real, real slow and we can't carry 2 ruckman in the side.

We are screaming out for some pace and skill.

We have plenty of meat and potatoes
Awful performance papered over by the fact Richmond were almost as equally poor.
37 inside 50's tell the story.
Oh well season almost over...
We've gone backwards last two games
You've gone backwards for 13 years! :twisted:
One step forward, 3 steps back
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

so, is that as far as the dead cat bounces?
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Our kicking skills have been crap for years and it showed again tonight. I didn't hear the % efficiency but I'm going for 50% tops.

All in all it was a shit game of footy, made worse by 50+ free kicks and other dubious calls.
Henderson is useless a forward if there's a contest. Carey and Ling are on the money, he lacks aggression as a forward. If it's not on a silver platter he's timid and ineffective.

And Yarran is an undisciplined pea heart whose skills are grossly overrated.
Once were warriors
I don't normally look at matchups pregame but I had us well in front on that pregame.
Certainly poor conversion led to heads dropping - on both sides of the fence.
But our first 5 set shots were from the Jarrad Waite Memorial Boundary Line.
No authority in the leadership out there.

Gibbs, Murph, Simmo, Carrotts... good players on occasions but they're not imposing and don't inspire very much. Yarrans attitude proves it.
Random thoughts....

I suspect Barker is coaching very defensively. Part of the trouble having a coaching candidate as caretaker

Yarran must go, still has currency and looks to be going through the motions
Split on Henderson also

Umpiring....simply appalling

Overall, what a disgusting spectacle
allowed ourselves to be bullied all game

need some players who will hit back and be aggressive as well

we played unsociable for 1 week against port and have been pansies since
Most on here probably won't agree but I'd send Hendo back and bring Jones in to play forward again.

It's what we brought Jones over here for and we have him for 3 years. May as well give him a run and find out. He hasn't played under Barker yet and no one could get a kick up forward under Mick.
I don't know what's worse: that you're suggesting bringing Jones back in or that you guys put him on a 3 year deal... :lol:

Ling and Carey saying Vickery's bump on Jamo was accidental! Accidental? He looked at Jamo, propped, and took him out. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a broken jaw.
Yup. Beaten up tonight.

Trying to develop our left footer stocks with Holman and Fields. Grigg would be nice to have at our disposal right now.
You just know Vickery will get off...
Lack of run and polish cost us. Would've been a close result otherwise.
Bring in Jones or Watson, give 'em a few weeks, see what happens, nothing to lose.
Fields looks a bit like Laidler.
So, off to Sydney with him, then?
3-4 changes every week hasn't helped but boys looked tired tonight and our poor skill level came to the fore again
It was such a meh game tonight that on the AFL website the link to 5 talking points from the game only has 4
Barker: "Skill isn't something you can change overnight. It hurts when you can't put the scoreboard pressure on"

ooh - err
Did he say, Richmond are a very good football side.....
Tutt, wood, curnow, carrazzo,need togo hade no skill.
If Tutt plays another senior game I'll spew up.

If Yarran, Henderson and Menzel don't want to play hard, they can leave.

If the umpires think they had a good game, I give up.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

More BigFooty posts... :twisted:
How i feel
That was simply excruciating to watch.
Two weeks in a row I have wasted a perfectly good night at home, frustrated as ****.

We tackle more and lose by less but we are still just as bad to watch as under Malthouse. Skills abysmal.
The season's shot. Let's answer some questions about our list before the end of the year.
Didn't catch the game... seems the dead cat has bounced?
Oh and btw our spread was shite tonight,no one wanted to work hard at all.
Tutt is hopeless - sorry but he and Jones are a real bad malthouse legacy disaster.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a crap game, apart from a few players Carlton seriously does not know how to play football.
Previous weeks have been something of a false dawn. Yes, we are still sh*t.
I thought we were extremely flat tonight. No real intensity or pressure around the ball, bad skills, no real run and carry and too many passengers. Didn't look like a team tonight
We should have jumped at the Gold Coast when the hapless Kangaroos knocked it back.
We cannot carry so many shit kicks...

Don't care who gets chopped moving forward, we just have too many poor users...

And Yazza...you breakin' my heart...
The Blues are really giving me the blues lately, sorry.
I just wish the media would let us wallow in deserved mediocre obscurity for awhile, instead of all this bs about us being back on some sort of track. We aren't.
It was an awful game to watch. I hope we don't have this many Friday night games next year, I'm sick of hearing about it.
Piesnchess
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Always eases the pain of a Pies close loss, too see these mongrels lose again, i dont care bout ladder positions, if theyd beaten tiges itd help us, blah blah, we should not depend on other teams anyway, you make your own luck and destiny in football. Looks like this Barkers honeymoon is now over, the impetus of the new coach thing. its over now, and i reckon some smashings again are coming up for the scum, back to normality again. LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

OMG, how good was the **** between Woody and Casblonk at CHF?
Gold I tell ya Jerry! Gold!!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

In times of need, we all have different ways of coping.

Some have comfort food.

Others have comfort drink.

And a few even have comfort men/women.

But for the rest of us, there's always this comfort thread.

Back shortly... :)