Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 325 times

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]Carlton's BigFooty Forum Part 1:[/align]
Not surprised at all.

77 point loss. More to come next week.
Sydney at the SCG next week.

We are stuffed.
We should merge seriously
I agree...yet better still you should fold! :twisted:
The less said about the tackle total of 35 the better.
Carlton should put an ad in the paper. " Do you have a player that can't get a kick? is an up and comer who needs confidence? Why don't you come and play carlton we will take your 2nd rate players and make them look like world beaters! Murdoch 4 goals,Caddy looking like Judd in the 3rd Blicavs taking 5 intercepted marks we really make the 2nd raters shine. What a team we have.
Midfielder got injured (Gibbs), now's Warnock's chance to cement his spot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a sense of relief because I think this is the end of Malthouse's era.. I respect him but mutually he and the club must now realise it didn't work its time to move on.

Goodbye Mick and good luck.
You're getting ahead of yourself mate! Mick's adamant that he's staying! :wink:
Will lose by 150 next week. Malthouse coaching or not

List is shitful. Thise who are berefit of a heart have the skill and those with heart can't be trusted with the ball.

May have finally snapped. Even looking at the jumper leads me to misery. Sparks gone.
Music to my ears! :twisted:
Not much else to take out of tonight. Daisy a liability.
A liability plus taking $700,000 out of your club per year! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If we dish up 30 tackles a game, why isn't something done to improve it?! It's the same shit every week!

FFS
F**k me Trigg softc*cking it.
15 tackles in first half sums it up. We just have no spirit or will to win. Surely we would come out fired up but no. Mick has lost them
Well that was stuffed.

I'm just so empty with this club.
I'd rather merge with Avondale heights under 9s...
Avondale Heights Blues has a good ring to it.... :twisted:
for one week can we concentrate on tackling !!
Nah... :lol:
"Make no mistake. Avondale Heights Under 9s are a very, very good side"
Trigg says there is support there for Mick = he's a dead man walking.
That's an understatement!
I am so lost on where this team is heading going forward
2e and Levi look devastated.
Can anyone explain to me why we let the best small forward in the game (Betts) go bring in a bloke for 200,000 more and is a way worse forward (Daisy)

This decision has been a shocker!!!!!
Ask Mick and the recruiters? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can somebody, anybody, please explain to me the decision making process in putting Warnock into tHe side in place of Carrazzo?? Seriously. WTF? How does this happen ... Where is the logic?
Also ask Mick! :lol:
meh meh...meh ...

malthouse
I wish for once, a staff member of ours would tell it like it ******* is.

Stop avoiding the ******* questions Trigg.
Yeah Trigg ... I feel so heartened by that effort. More like that please.
My head is going to hurt tomorrow.
For a long time I've been telling people to send back their memberships and stop going to games.

Now I feel like this club needs a hug.

It's painful.
Just cannot think of anything worse than going to the footy to watch this footy club at the moment.
I can't think of anything better on Friday night than watching your mob get smashed! :twisted:
Murphy 1 tackle- way to lead by example skipper
Greatest captain ever... :lol:
LOL at the bottom of the Fox Footy screen.

Blues have horror run to come with Sydney, Adelaide & Port Adelaide plus the bye.

They've actually included the bye as part of our horror run.
I've been a member since 1994. Will never stop buying a membership of some description but there is no way i'm going to the game when you just know we're going to get smashed.
So a bullshit artist is our CEO, MM's lost the plot and our list is awful.

Melbourne MK2 under Schwab and Neeld.
Mick won't retire.

He's in self-preservation mode now.
interestigly it seems that the post match conference is more anticipated than the actual game!
guess, at day's end, when all is said and done, we're looking unlikely for the 2015 preliminary final
πŸ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | πŸ†
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]TankingCarlton Part 2:[/align]
I hope we lose by 120 and mick goes. This is beyond a joke
We'll take the hovercr.... Oh wait
70 point loss thanks, lets get this turkey on the plate.....
If the board doesn't allow the CEO to sack the coach....

.....The CEO has had his balls slipped.
I love what's going on...

It's a real club!
@#$%&! it'll be nice when malthouse isn't wearing our colours
How many more @#$%&! nails does Malthouse's coffin @#$%&! need?
Many more to come...:P
The brand is in tatters.
Lost respect for myself tonight. After all, I'm still watching.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Umpires must have run out of piss
@#$%&! off with yer off a step!
Bell our leading goalkicker with 10 in 9... lol... my prediction that no Blue would kick 30 this year was far too kind.
Well.

Next Friday will only be worse. Much worse.

Dark old days
i feel sorry for the commentators trying to make it even remotely interesting for the listeners. It's so sad it's pathetic
Murphy's disposal is putrid these days.
Yes, the Bye is coming!!!!!!!
You might lose that as well.
4 out of 8 games 12 goal losses
Nice way to celebrate Judd's 300th.

They are redacted.
There has to be a stat on this. Uncontested marks inside 50. Just pathetic. It's all about delivery. The kick inside fifty that lands on top of three players' heads is not the answer. But if you have no forwards deep enough to run at the ball carrier, you will never get an uncontested mark inside fifty. Basic footy.
Has there ever been a worse kicking team in professional football? I'm including the NRL and NFL in this.
I'm all for a sacking now. Give me blood
I'm not sure what I want more....Mick gone, the board gone, or synbad to stop repeating himself. Sometimes less is more.
A reliable poster on BF believes an extraordinary board meeting has been arranged for Monday. Expecting Mick to be gone this week.
When they say extraordinary... Do you think they'll dress up as animals?
Maybe they'll all dress up as Captain Carlton! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Malthouse. The experiment is over. Now let's get a coach without an agenda.
@#$%&! shambles
I wonder how all the Nuff nuffs who wanted Mick Malthouse at Carlton in 2012 are feeling tonight.
I knew he would back down
It's a rudderless ship
Is sack him .. In that instance.
But really trigg needs to sack himself because he's proven he's "off message"
I feel comfortable we wouldn't be in this position if the buff nuff ratten supporters had have made noise to get rid of the board before ratten was coach.
I thought Pagan was bad. Would love the decrepit old fool back right now.
WOW! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually pagan is a two time premiership coach.
I think rattan has done his apprentiship and deserves to come back as the coach to lead is to the promised land
Ratten won't comeback! You're dreaming :lol:
MM is an embarrassment to himself but more particularly to our brand.

It's time.

Trigg needed to come out tonight to protect the club against MM message. That's why he did the media circuit, he knows what's about to follow.

MM is repeating exactly what he did in his last season at Collingwood. Petulant and self interest - couldn't give a stuff about the club. If he wanted a future contract and had a plan then he wouldn't have separated from the club message.
The last paragraph is spot on in so many ways!
Pagan was absolutely shithouse, but he craps all over Malthouse.
Might as well let Mick take them to Sydney. Bad trip for a new coach and let him play older players. New coach and kids v Adelaide @ G
There's not a team we can get within a bull's roar of with Malthouse in charge.
Eddie McGuire getting to the exact rub of the matter right now.
Ed's loving this! :lol: :lol: :lol:
McGuire just asked McClure a great question. Are we blaming Mick for something that's been a malaise at your club for years?

Spot on, Eddie.

I can't wait for the new coach. The second he's appointed, I'm fine to start a Sakc <insert coach's name> thread. And then two years later, I'll come on and say "see, I was right".

This club is a flower rabble.
McGuire genuinely wants Carlton to rise from the ashes.

Local Derbies are what makes money and generates interest in Melbourne.

We are not giving Collingwood any of that
No I'm happy with the current situation to be honest! :twisted:
OR mm has been an embarrassment to our brand..
Suddenly or feels the brand is embarrassed
Results are the benchmark. We have won a solitary game against last year's wooden spoon team.

Who is to blame for a worse start to a season than any coach ever in a long long time?

Better coaches have been sacked for better performances than this. Malthouse has been a disaster for us. A complete disaster. And he's getting worse.
But I agree that Mick can't stay beyond this game

He was " off message"...
The real embarrassment is if he's allowed to coach next week
Eddie knows we're rubbish off field
Pagan was woeful. Malthouse is positioning himself as a junior assistant to Pago.
People focus on games...
Board CEO etc aren't important when going to the football.
Nobody will survive this
Players won't survive
Coaches won't survive

Darkness.. That's all there is ahead.
You cannot run the football club the way we do and expect to survive
Mick said it's like putting the finger in dyke
The attention needs to move away from players and to the board and administration
All we have to do is get rid of Smorgon.
Problem solved...oh wait? :lol:
It would appear this is the moment, this year something must happen, or we will be consigned to the history books forever
Collingwood knew he was flailing. We didn't.

It's been a disaster of an appointment. But a good replacement can turn us around quickly. Just need to find the right one.
If Malthouse was so good at the Pies why did they push him aside.
Eddie went out of his way to create a position for him but Malthouse couldn't see it

Everyone has their moment in the sun Micks sun was setting
Stupid Carlton couldn't see it
πŸ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | πŸ†
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Good on ya, Jezza, many thanks for stepping in. I'll re-take over my patch from here...
Agro reciting the menu.
Will MM make it through to next week?
If he does it will be a miracle IMO.

The decision to play Warnock for Carazzo instead of a like player was insane and ruined Casboult's influence as well. It effecrively put us two tall players down.

Simpson, Curnow, Armfield and Wood probably our best. Menzell a finisher but should have had five or six.

Murphy drifted in and out but another non-captain's game. If we need a captain we need look no firther than Kade Simpson who NEVER leaves anything on the park. Bloody champion player and competitor.
Ok - I'm not going to have a rant but we have a resting ruckman, Casboult & Jones forward of the centre but hardly ever have a KP structure to kick to when we go into the forward line! Why? Who is responsible for not keeping a couple of KP forwards in our forward 50? Why are we playing Thoams and Everitt deep with Casboult & Jones up high? Speaking of kicking into our forward line, is there any chance we can give our forwards an opportunity to mark by kicking to their advantage?
Highlight of the night........Wood smashing Selwood!!!! Sooooo worth the 100m penalty and goal.
Regardless how they played tonight and let's face it none set the world of fire but all these players have deficiencies and need to be progressively removed from the team.

Casboult
Jones
Warnock
Wood
White
Thomas
Armfield
Everitt
Curnow
Bell
Tutt

That's half the team.... We're in deep shit.
Yep.

And in response...
Half that list was brought in on Malthouse's watch.
Awkward... :twisted:
MM's destroyed our list and puts faith in spuds, he did at Collingwood and he's doing now.
Army, kicks to a Geelong player coming out of defense then 30 seconds later gets caught holding the ball directly in front. Argh.
Can we take a raincheck?
Shit eating
*shudder*
Menzel isn't all class as some believe
every center bounce Judd has his arms grabbed before he can get near the ball but yet gets nothing...
Menzel trying to be noticed now that players are all on the block
Geelong would be his preferred club.
Would love to flourish away from Carlton and play with his brother
Gibbs effort tonight has been pathetic

In Pauline Hanson best voice

Ploise explain
Lost respect for selwood tonight.
ling and carey have been eating their own shit all night

2 girls 1 cup
:shock:
Line in the sand time
How glum was that shot of the pres etc?
And Trigg shaking his head.
www.sackpagan.com......
Lol
The board are doing all of this to give themselves breathing space
I would expect McKay to move on year end
You need to tick the boxes to make a success.
We haven't
Simple

We still won't be

Mick needs to go.. The longer he's allowed to stay the weaker the board is going to look
All fine and well to spill the current board, but you need a COMPETENT replacement board and there ain't anyone showing any signs of coming forward.

I think a separate thread and poll around the current board and their ongoing viability should be out there so the heat can be put on them!!!!
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]Carlton's BigFooty Forum Part 2:[/align]
Spewing i missed the game driving to Coffs Harbour..

Funnily enough, my stress levels are at their lowest point in a month and that is after working 12 days straight. Wonder why?
I'm spewing you missed it! :P
Carlton's woes even getting a mention on the Giro D'Italia broadcast
Is this true Mossi? :shock:
I don't know why Trigg said anything at all. He just looked weak and indecisive. Was he trying to repair the damage of the earlier radio interview? Be decisive or don't give an interview Trigg, it just fuels the fire!
Curnow was in tears. One of the few that showed up.
Mick blaming the Playing group?
The gameplan seemed to go ok
I thought it was great! :lol:
Micks final days remind me of the end of the titanic
I must admit I didn't see the need for the interview because nothing was ever going to be offered up by Trigg for the media.

Our club is in a terrible place at the moment, but what is going to be done to remedy our issues should not be played out in the media, no matter how much the vultures want it to be.
I don't like the club using injuries as a cop out... Injuries are a part of the game

As for rebuilding, the fans acknowledge that we need to sell off our senior players and rebuild, but the club seems to be refusing to acknowledge that fact. I don't know about everyone else, but that is really frustrating me. I wouldn't be happy that we are losing, but at least I'd have a reason to turn the game on (to watch our kids develop). Where as at the moment, I see no reason to watch the game, all I see is a pure lack of effort and team spirit (and a fundamental skill level that would have an Auskick coach in tears due to frustration)
Mick really going in hard to defend Daisy. What a shock.
Not surprising! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm pretty sure we have had one of the best injury lists since the end of last season...

Injuries are not an excuse.

Terrible conditioning, terrible game plan, and terrible team management (in all facets) are the reason. This all stems from one place.
He gets it! :)
Mick refusing to answer whether he wants to coach us next year.
so you would rather see the club die than fail....

good one

clubs go through good times and bad, got to support them no matter what

makes you respect Saints and Bulldogs fans a lot more, they haven't won hardly a thing in their history
Oh god who cares!
Some people went, some people didn't, at the end of the day it didn't effect the game in the slightest.
Diehards are dropping off.
What does that tell you?

The admin are, and have been for more than 15 years, shit.
It's not a matter of weakness, it's often a matter of principle.
they said they are rebuilding but i never see the point of a club having to declare they are going to rebuild. You never see clubs announce they are going for the Premiership....i just don't think it is important having to put labels on things. I think it is just brought up so the Media have stories.
Oh and Malthouse can GOGF.
this is a post mortem tonight. Everyone wants blood. So difficult to be a part of again.

Noticed not once was mick asked how he thinks he is coaching.
**** the media and their incessant need to have a sense of crisis at the club over the coaching position. WTF do we let them run the agenda? Unprofessional by all at the club who couldn't act like an adult and not buy into it.
Judd was primed for one last big year, looked like he was back to his form of a few years ago and set to go out with a bang. What a waste.
What a shame...NOT
Never seen us go at one another like they do on other boards until this evening...
Place has really lost it tonight.

This is clearly what happens when you push Carlton supporters too far.
I'm amazed it's taken this long! :P
Sanity prevails...

Night all............plenty of time left to bag our club, players and admin tomorrow.
Oh i have lost all all good thoughts to McClure. He's as bad as McGuire in my view.

But as a member of this club, i deserve honest answers. Not the shit he was dishing up. Don't care about Fox, address the number of members that were watching tonight.

TACKLES......SOFT AS BUTTER.
Easy goals.
Shit skills.
Piss weak tackling.
Soft turnovers.

Rinse and repeat for another 14 rounds.

#SackRatten.
What's with Mick admitting that Carlton's tackling is atrocious. With a measly and lazy 35 tackles .. doesn't the Coach have any say in whether they should be tackling opposition players more often?

I don't get it. Does Mick leave it up to his players as to how much pressure they put on the opposition?

This seems very strange to me -considering Coll'd was, and still is, an effective high tackling/pressure team.
Reckon this is rock bottom for Carlton.
5 year rebuild on the way, coaching clean up, inept CEO and board. Poor membership numbers, supporter disinterest and Carlton locking itself in as a mid tier club.
Hopefully you haven't hit rock bottom just yet but this is great as we speak! :twisted:
Simple fact is we getting flogged by over 10 goals regularly now and have only won 1 game and sit bottom of the ladder.

Clearly not good enough and I wouldn't re-sign Mick in any circumstances.

There is a serious lack of effort and for a coach who has prided himself on his teams being good defensively our lack of tackles ia damming and can only mean 2 things!

1. Mick's is not emphasising work rate and tackling as a priority and a non negotiable.

2. Players can't be stuffed tackling which means the coach isn't getting through to them.

Either way is bad for the coach
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

No worries MB enjoy! :D
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Nick - Pie Man wrote:If you have the time, I'd love to know what I missed on Fox.

What's McClure whinging about. Nobody was expecting Carlton to win tonight.
McClure is rueing over the fact that Mick is still coaching the football club despite the numerous hints he's given in the past week or so that he should be sacked effective immediately and tonight was no different on Fox Footy. Even though Eddie was maintaining his professionalism on air you could see he was loving this deep down.

Also Eddie asked McClure whether Carlton's problems stem over a fifteen year period since the turn of the century rather than it being a very recent problem. McClure seemed to agree with him generally but again he was focused on the present rather than the past with Carlton's on-field performance being one of the most woeful anyone could ever see.

Carlton's CEO Stephen Trigg also got interviewed and towed the company line even saying that Carlton showed promising signs tonight even though the margin says otherwise but he really struggled to demonstrate any sign either way as to whether Mick would stay or not and he would provided little to no reason why Carlton supporters would be optimistic about the future despite the darkness now! :lol:

I hope this answers your question Nick.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

If we want to stop the ridicule and establish some credibilty then FFS get rid of that joke captain carlton!
I cringe whenever i see him!!!
yeah, i'm not a fan either
What the only thing my kids like about the club?
LEAVE CAPTAIN CARLTON ALOOOOOONE!

:lol:
Geeeez he's muscular
Should film a porno.
:shock:

And what would the title be? Right Royally F*cked? Like your football club?

keep hendo and trade gibbs back to adl if there is a opportunity. Sloane or danger need to go (chance)
Daisy, Tutt, Everitt and Jones ............all coaches picks.

Haven't added a truck load of leadership.

Daisy on $600k-$700k is looking more like a massive piss take by Mick. Then use him as the "face"of the club on every second promotion.
Our board if full of loudmouths. It's disgraceful. Everyone in the AFL community knows everything we are about t do before it happens. Example - our last 3 drafts
Trigg on 3AW explaining his definition of a rebuild. Not going to strip back list like some other clubs (I assume Dogs & Saints) and they brought in Jones etc to have experience to build a core to build around. :roll:
So many dollars wasted

So predictable

A sham
Return on investment has been negative. Major losses.
#saveourboys
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

...more from BigFooty :lol:
I must admit that I get knocked about when the footy team I love is performing so badly. I have relied on the Blues for five decades to provide a source of excitement and joy. I'm limited in that way. Sheltered upbringing. I know we are all entitled to vent, get angry, apply blame etc. Reading BF is becoming like the fifth quarter for me where the pain of what I've witnessed tonight is intensified and makes me feel worse. I really should get a life outside of football.
Was it just me or did Judd look average tonight? There were a couple of times where Guthrie outdid him early on and it just seemed like he wasn't all that interested.

I hope we haven't broken the champ
If players are refusing to apply pressure or tackle because they have the sads with the coach those players need to be FIRED.
Will not put up with the players pissing on the jumper, club and supporter base because they are being a bitch.
Club needs to take control and show strength regardless
Mick cannot go on
Club must say goodbye
Club Must say care taker
Club must find solutions
Club must take control
By not sacking MM right now, we are letting the players completely off the hook.

The team is getting worse and worse every week that goes by.
Against GWS we were very poor, but this week we had a rtecord low tackle count for the year, a measly 35 in a whole game of footy.

Whilst MM still coaches, the attention will focus on him more and the players can give less and less effort on the field and not be judged properly because an excuse will always exist that its MM's gameplan that isn't working, that MM isn't getting the most out of the players, that the coaching panel are not teaching the players properly, etc.

First and foremost we sack MM and some of the other assistant coaches, and appoint a caretaker coach that knows that he will not be judged on the teams performances for the rest of the year.
Then rightly so the focus will fall full square back on the players and their lack of effort, and that focus will either wake the players up enough to start giving better effort, or the players will show that they are happy to destroy their reputations and as such will not be needed anymore.

But as long as MM is there and his game plan is used, then every loss and every week of less effort will ultimately be blamed on MM (who I think deserves a huge chunk of it) and the players will not have to face up to the heat for the piss poor efforts.
Mick brought in Daisy fail
Mick brought in Jones fail
Mick said he can't see us losing a game fail
Mick said we are approaching midnight on premiership clock fail

Mick is easily the worst coach we have had in a long time.

Ratts did better
Pagan didn't have a pick for 2 or 3 drafts
Parkin is a legend
Walls got us a flag
50% of the list has been turned over. It's Mick's list now. He cannot hide behind the excuse of Ratten's list anymore, not in year 3.
Mick cannot continue.
How many more "coach killer" games will they dish up before the coach is actually sacked????
MMs body language was different to before

He is almost certainly gone.

Shame that a legend of the game ends this way
He should have given it up after Collingwood. He has damaged his own legacy.
SPOT ON!
I remember laughing to myself hearing how exited everyone was on this board when we traded half decent draft picks for 3 guys (Jackchs, Whiley and Jones) who couldn't get a game at their own clubs which were pretty much bottom. Everyone thought they could somehow be our saviour. No wonder we are bottom
Interesting - from a mate

"I heard Mick on the 5AA this week say that he thinks Trigg is a bit shocked working in a town that has more than two teams"
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Problem is this one has an enormous vagina.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

swoop42 wrote:
Problem is this one has an enormous vagina.
Friggin Gold. :lol:
Bring Back Tranquilli
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

I'm like a pig in shit at the mo, thanks mb and jezza for the laffs.

Funny thing is I reckon Carlton played better tonight than when we held them to 45 points.

Oh, and, Mick has definitely lost the players!
McRae for Governor-General!
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

Also, mods please put this back on the main board where it belongs!!!!
McRae for Governor-General!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 116 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

MM presser was gold. He kept on saying the board CEO are all on the same page. So that page must be complete distruction of a football club.
MM defended daisy like his own son (go figure) basically said he is playing with 1 arm & 1 leg and no other player could contribute more under the circumstances.
One journo asked him was he careful what he said as it got twisted in the media. He said yes but not from you so I'll keep what I say directly relating to football matters only.
Went on to say Judd shouldn't had played as the turn around was too much for him.
I nearly for a breath second felt sorry for him then reality kicked in and I couldn't stop smiling.
Mrs qldmagpie came out to my media room at 1130pm and said why are you still up to which I replied the scum got flogged again and MM is doing a dance around for his job. She laughed and then said oh well you will be in a great mood tomorrow think I'll go shoe shopping whilst your so happy. Ugh expensive day coming up but a small price to pay for this happy feeling
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 166 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

"Malthouse said Dale Thomas would likely need further surgery on his shoulder at the end of the season, but was expected to get through the year."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-23/i ... g-nowhere-
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Great reading to start the morning :-)
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/