More Dale Thomas News....

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 99 times

Re: Hmmmmm

Post by think positive »

Neither of them deserved the offers that would have kept them here.

MM cost us the 2011 flag with his petulant sooky Lala behaviour. He signed a deal, a bloody lucrative deal for him, and he broke the contract, let's not forget that, he chose to leave. We did not get rid of him.

As for Thomas, he's chasing fools gold and good luck to him, he's toast, even if his ankle holds he has not been the player he was in 2010, since.

He could have stayed for a reasonable contract, but he held us to ransom, and we didn't pay. He could have been a pie for life, there was always a spot for him when footy was over. He made his choice, not us. He chose to leave. We did not get rid of him.

And unlike the classy Luke Ball, who has never dished the dirt on the club that DID get rid of him, neither MM or Thomas, have acted with good grace since they LEFT.

Stuff em both.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

TP - you comments are balanced and very close to how I perceive it.
E

Post by E »

Actually the last word is this: 2 years at $600k is nothing like $750 over 5 years to a man who might not play another game a as a player worth that coin. You said it yourself, he'll never be as good as he was. We all know, he knows it. He got his money, let him have it. he deserves it since he delivered us a flag. all the better that we didn't have to give it to him!!!!

Just let's thank Carlton, wish Daisy well and close this thread......

what you don't agree with me????

How can we close this thread, when we really have no agreement as to what the last word is?
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

And if his ankle is fine and he goes on to play 150 games with the scum.......the above argument once again falls flat on its face.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 99 times

Re: Ok

Post by think positive »

Hiss wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:^^^

Very Well Said
Final word. Did you bag them when they won us the Premiership as well. Oh the silence is deafening.
They weren't shitting on us then.

Saying they won us the premiership is a bit harsh on the other 22 players involved (note I can count, I included Leon too!)
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

someone wanna tell me what the news was? I gave up after page 2 :)
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

September Zeros wrote:And if his ankle is fine and he goes on to play 150 games with the scum.......the above argument once again falls flat on its face.

I liked Daisy (still do) & wanted the Club (so badly) to match the offer, in the end we know he left for more money, something I cannot begrudge him for.
I would've preferred he go to any other Club but the Scum obviously, but in the end Scum made the offer & as we know the rest is history.
If the above scenario does come into fruition, rest assured I will be one of the first on here to say I told 'ya so!!!

I wish him well though, just not against us...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Hiss
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

think positive wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:^^^

Very Well Said
Final word. Did you bag them when they won us the Premiership as well. Oh the silence is deafening.
They weren't shitting on us then.

Saying they won us the premiership is a bit harsh on the other 22 players involved (note I can count, I included Leon too!)
So the Coach doesn't have anything to do with us winning! Oh please Lord my saviour, why is this site plagued with heathens who continually attack one of our greatest ever coaches! Lord give me the patience not to drink a bottle of rum in frustration.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Yes Hiss. MM was a major factor in us winning us the 2010 premiership. When he and the team achieved that feat he and all concerned were Collingwood heros.

Since then some of the glitter has worn off and much of it due to the behaviour of MM himself. We all know the history but some of us are still blinded by the reflection of the premiership cup.

Collingwood supporters have good reason to be disenchanted by MM and his behaviour.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

We were waiting for the symbolic moment of Thomas' first pulling on that hated jumper in anger to move this thread regarding a non-Collingwood player out of GD, but given both that he squibbed the first game and the amount of angst this thread is creating, its time for it to go.

WPW for the Mods
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
E

Post by E »

September Zeros wrote:And if his ankle is fine and he goes on to play 150 games with the scum.......the above argument once again falls flat on its face.
No it doesn't. Collingwood do not know whether his ankle will recover or not. But there is a chance it wont. whether it does or not actually doesn't matter. Hindsight is always 20/20 but these decisions are not made with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

Mind you, no one will even see this response since this thread has been sent to die.....

It is so odd that a bunch of cry babies can have a legitimate football topic that very much relates to Collingwood removed from a chat room.

Wonder why this wasn't done with the cloke thread????
Geek
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Geek »

And I think I had my first ever post deletion... from any forum! Only took 20 years.

Jack would be outraged. Outraged at the censorship in here I tells ya.
Geelongpie

Post by Geelongpie »

So I've been meh about dale Thomas over summer but just seeing him and malthouse in the rooms together wearing that blue made me shiver, I really wish misfortune on that club.
Collingwood = Everything Carlton dream to be.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man