Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

:lol: Fine getting stuck into Carlton on SEN again this evening! :D
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Nathan Jones is a and will be paying for a long time to come.giant in the captaincy field compare to our little mouse......
Lol does anybody care anymore?
Your players certainly don't.
Mick stopping short of calling the players fakes in his press conference. Some strong words.
Wasn't that long ago that Betts used to make life pretty tough for Collingwood.

Oh well...
Oh well...
Apologies guys. Just off a 12 hour flight and saw the result.

1 stat for Henderson - off injured? If so, what type?
Cheers
Any game plan looks great with 22 players putting in effort.
I dont agree, bucks was out coached in the first half. With two rucks we should have savaged them.
Some good passages of play.
When Armfield is one of your best and shows the most heart it shows where the list is at.

The only way to solve the problem is rebuild, our skills are sh!t as well as work effort.

Gibbs can F! off not a leader at all.

We win clearances but our foward's cant position themselves.

Way too much up and undermost teams will turn that over; even us.

I've been around the glory days but this the 2000's all over again, quick fix's will get us no where its time to rebuild end of story.

I take solice in the fact that the pies wont do squat this year.

And to the people who say this is Buckly's list- lose Swan Pendalbury and Cloke then I'll agree.

On the plus side Swan did nothing.

I'm actually contenplating signing up this year, we are gonna need the money
End of Rant
It's weird how we can sack a coach mid-season, yet we never sack players...

They just turn up every week to the pay office to collect their money - no wonder Gibbs has a smile on his face.
Everybody was screaming for us to go after players that get squeezed out of GWS and I'm unconvinced that the club doesn't think like its fans.

Jaksch probably isn't worth pick 7 and pick 19 is probably a couple of places short of the best talent. Harry Taylor and Kyle Langford (two players I liked before their respective drafts) were both picked at 17, for instance. Depth and list balance are both overrated if you don't have the required talent at the top end. You don't get that top end talent if you are continually chasing your tail trying to 'fix' a list. Jacksch is a 'maybe' and probably not the kind of player you pin your hopes on to build a side around, neither is Henderson. We are pinning our hopes on 'depth' style players and supplementing them with try-hards. If you look at recruiting as systematically filling in all positions with 'near enough' acquisitions, all you get is more average footballers. It's no wonder we lack heart.

We have had little endeavour in building a list, we have just been filling in spots hoping to latch on to a down season. No ambition beyond "we are Carlton, #%*! the rest!"
You can only work so hard to look into your forward line and see no one there. Or you being stuck on the boundary line only to see it go back the the opposition down the centre. You would enjoy being a Backman for Carlton. Or how about a forward who is told to constantly push up then run out of puff running back only to have the ball kicked on his head.

How about a coach who has ripped the flair out of the team. Walker being sent back, Simmo being sent back. Getting rid of three of our leading goalkickers.

How about the 5 taggers we play in a game? Fancy Whileys first game, being asked to tag Pendulbury?

Do you want more? Would you not be a frustrated player?
You cant play todays gameplan without run and carry players who can dispose efficiently and spread from the contest
We've turned over 50% of the list over the last two years. Time to turnover the remaining 50%. Terrible culture ingrained into our players.
Can anyone think of any other side that has played 2 genuine out and out ruckmen in 2015. I've got nothing. That crap has been outdated since 2010
Brisbane Lions.

Oh... :lol:
Time to face facts we are the new Richmond...
You are the new Richmond,
You are the olllllllld, craaaaap, new Richmond!
:lol:
I watched the first quarter again.

Multiple momentum killers.

Jones not kicking to Hendo, Simmo outdone in the Collingwood square, Everitt(?) not having a shot for goal and a few others after that.

What killed us from there was our confidence to present and commit to taking the game on. We reverted to long, panicked kicks down the boundary and our confidence was shot. Collingwood picked it and held posession to maintain control and momentum and never looked back.

Who would we say should be held responsible for our weak spirited performances?

Who picks us up and convinces us we have what it takes, be bold and create?

Who reminds us of our role, where we are at and what we need to improve on to gain the upper hand?

The person responsible needs to look for a new job.
Absolute sh!t. Left at 3/4 time - first time ever in almost 50 years of watching Carlton
Nuff Nuff Buckley?
Whatever you know or have achieved in footy Jim, Buckley has you covered 100 times over. He has a strong list, a quality coaching group and a very good group of leaders.
Those things don't just fall into place by accident.
A sensible Scum supporter! What a rare creature! Quick, take a photo of it, it will be extinct very soon!
Yep just back home from the game. 80 to 40 tackles says a lot but not everything about effort. We won contested ball and centre clearances but we continually and almost always kicked to contests where we had a 50 50 chance at best and often worse than this because we were outnumbered. Even Wayne Carey in our side would have struggled up forward tonight. Unbelievable stupidity. Pies then bounced straight back with precise uncontested ball and far superior spread. Tactically we were putrid. Embarrassing.
We deserve this ... we appointed a barman as our recruiting chief for way too long and a vet as our football manager ... in the end we play like a drunk dog.

We erred as we do time and time again in giving up early picks ... pick 7 was way too important to give up and if we held our nerve we would have got Jaksch for pick 28 ... as I said "if we held our nerve" ... Wes Lofts would have got him with pick 28.

82 tackles to our 48 says a lot ... 104 uncontested marks for the pies ... they average 58 ???

The flair has been ripped out of this team.
Collingwood are so far in front of us and they haven't even played their best youngsters yet.
Scary, isn't it?

:twisted:
we are still paying for that genius Hughes......
Money well spent, obviously...
Hate to say it, but Buckley knows what he's talking about, and talks well. And walks the walk. But hopefully not the cakewalk.
Mick hasn't evolved. The game plan we saw tonight was 2010 stuff.
And on Hughes...
and will be paying for a long time to come.
Hopefully...

:twisted:
It's a combination of things that are wrong:
- lack of talent
- game plan is not right
- players not playing for the coach
- fitness is not there

Everyone is on the trade table at seasons end, if we are fair dinkum with a rebuild.
I left the ground after the Malthouse walk off. As I was walking out of the members, I saw Dale Thomas high fiving and joking with Sidebottom. These players simply don't care enough.
Oh, too bad, so sad.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 325 times

Post by Jezza »

Hey guys just got home...I've been celebrating this victory for two hours now so I'm absolutely stoked!

BigFooty posts to come soon...:D
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 325 times

Post by Jezza »

[align=center]Carlton's BigFooty Posts:[/align]
Frankly it was insipid.

Made a mockery of Mick's milestone game.

Pound for pound, we have probably been the most heartless team in the AFL the past few years.
Same game as the last 4 against Collingwood.
Bucks 5-0 Malthouse :twisted:
Close it now. Sew the body up. I am officially done with CFC.
We woz robbed....

...by our inveterate shitness.

Shameful Baggers....
edelsten in the coaching box is a ******* disgrace
Weak as, ahh I give up. Time to watch some other sport for year.
Lots of circle jerk in the game thread about keeping Mick.. I don't think that's really an option for him now. I wouldn't expect anything less from our club to kick the man when he is down even on a night that was supposed to be his.

No heart at all left in our club
Dropped my partner off to the airport (she's off to South Africa for 3 months) and raced home to make sure I caught the start

I should have gotten on the plane with her
Embarrassing.

Players are horrible, game plan is horrible, attitude is horrible.

The fact they couldn't even get up for Micks game is the strangest thing. Any one of us would have wanted to pull the boots on during the build up.

Shits stuffed
Hello darkness my old friend
Can't believe I still pay money to the club after letting blokes like Jones or Curnow run around in the Carlton jumper. Really upsets me. I was almost convinced it was Mick's fault we went to shit but I'm not sure anyone could do any better with the playing group. In an ideal world we could keep Cripps, Docherty and Mathouse and just start again.
Utterly disgusted in that performance.

Mick will cop the blame...but its the ******* senior players who are the problem.

Deadset Putrid... ******* over em atm.
Mick
Is the new McGuane
The new McKenna
The new Thomas
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This club will be the death of me.
That went well
Yes very well... :twisted:
Truth is we are a dogshit team, our list is poor
Well.. We are exactly where I thought we'd be. Shizen.
F****** DISGRACEFUL!!!

These players should be ashamed of themselves. Worst ever performance under Mick, and on a night that he breaks the coaching record.

DROP GIBBS, I do not give a flying F*** if we are tanking, DROP HIM.
Jonathon Brown: The Auskickers put in more effort than Carlton tonight.

Sad but probably true!
Browny's spot on! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No skill. No heart. No hope.

Carlton is dead. I am done.
Music to my ears! :twisted:
My best mate who is a mad Collingwood fan just rang me and said he feels sorry for me....sucks to be a Carlton fan now
Sorry but I couldn't watch after half time, it was too embarrassing.
Pretty sure Bruce just said Pies were in decline when Buckley took the reins...ummmm...
Bruce says a lot of stupid things! :lol:
Having slammed our team we do need to congratulate the Pies. They played a pressure game full of running, spirit and class.
Thank you! I also need to congratulate the Blues for being as crap as ever! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If this goes on for a few more years we will be doing a Save Carlton tin donation like Richmond did in the 90's. FFS what a joke of a club enough's enough.
I have to keep checking my phone to see if I somehow travelled back in time to 2005.
Nah it's 2015 mate! :P
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

if we all walk away you are going to be pretty lonely here by yourself jimmae

the place is a rabble

it needs to be gutted

mick needs to go now

no more wasting time

there is nothing positive or constructive to glean from carlton at the moment

the place is dead and it reeks
Yes it does. And to quote the great Paul Keating, your club is a dead carcass swinging in the breeze but nobody has the balls to cut it down. They all just slither aound the Princes Park boardroom like mangy maggots.

Somebody open a window, the carcass is making the place smell bad!

I left during the 3rd quarter, within minutes of seeing EVERY Carlton player inside the Collingwood attacking 50m arc whilst 7 to 8 Cwd players were well outside the arc. And all this was happening while a Cwd player was taking a set shot a goal, from inside the arc!!!

Just home from a 2 hour walk from the G.

I had to walk and get rid of the frustration. This is the most inept football side planning the game at present. The lack of fundamental skills, required to play this game is astounding at Carlton. I cast my mind back to 2005 when diesel was there, Bradley was taking some skill development and I pulled my hair out then at the lack of ability the squad showed. Well I'm here to tell you it is fundamentally worse.

It was down right embarrassing to watch. I felt sick. I have supported this group right up until this moment but they have lost me. The stupidity of it was breath taking. I did not see one kick to advantage to a contest from Carlton. Not one. I saw the ball repeatedly bombed in allowing 3 and 4 back men to get to the contest. I saw the ball turned over in the guts repeatedly. I saw players turn themselves inside out trying to create only to turn it over because they were burnt by their teammates who wouldn't run to position to receive.

I have had a gut full
I think Simmo cares, but he just isn't very good
There is a malaise across this entire playing group. They simply do not give a shit. And it starts with the influence of our so called best players. Murphy and Gibbs do not have desire or conviction and it spreads like a @#$%&! disease through the entire list. They whole thing is up the shit from top to bottom. Start by appointing the best young coach we can find going around, get rid of the players like Murphy, Gibbs even Henderson who have currency, get the best recruiting team you can possibly put together and start building from the ground up. Because right now, this club is completely [REDACTED] and we are at the beginning of a decade of pain.

The scary thing is, we haven't actually bottomed out yet
47 tackles to 82 say a lot... regardless of game plan

...our best in this stat was a kid playing his 7th game

We have no leaders... none
I think that's the first time I've left 5 minutes into the third quarter.

Was a nice empty train trip home though.

Don't think I'll go to another game this year, better off spending it with my family.

You don't put in, I don't put in.
Our kicking for goal is shit, the worst in the AFL.

I think our first four goals were walked in from within 10 metres, and two others were over the top handballs.

We still have the non AFL standard height goal posts at Priinces Park, don't we, what time is it now Mr Trigg. :roll:
If you ask Mick, it's 11am... :lol:
i think everyone has a right to vent and rant - we have been taken for a ride and left stranded knee deep in shit

sold a joke from a bunch of frauds and wasted our time, money and effort on this football club
PROs :

Cripps
Armfield
The Hovercraft
*&^*(&%$% lol!

Well, I did stay till the final siren. I realise that I passionately hate Collingwood supporters more than I love my footy team. That was awful, clearly the boys were willing to put it all on the line for the coaches big night...not. Wood and Warnock in the same side? What! Liam Jones is the player he was at the Bulldogs, I think Setanta was a better fullforward. I can't see how Casboult is not worth a game, at least he can take a mark. Judd, Murph, Simmo and Cripps tried hard, Juddy's disposal was awful. Anyone know what the game plan is? If so let the players in on it, they all seem to have a different version of it, equally bad. Collingwood have almost totally rebuilt since Mick left. They haven't had a higher draft pick than us since last century and they won a flag 4 years ago, and yet their side only has a few premiership players left and the majority would be lucky to average 50 ganes, yet they look miles better drilled, miles more disciplined, miles more intense, miles more team oriented. Mick has been a great coach, but during his time at Carlton who has shown great improvement? has leadership improved, do we have a clear consistent game plan? That was horrible. Without garlett and betts we have no spark up forward and while robbo was an idiot he was a kamikazie and the only guy who scared his opponents with intensity. There was no spirit no sense of team. We are a rabble.
The derision, contempt and lack of respect that the crowd had for Bryce Gibbs was palpable from where I was sitting in the MCC tonight.

These weren't football feral bogans booing Chris Judd for a laugh, these were seasoned and respectful watchers of football.

Bryce Gibbs, if you don't give shit, please piss off.
As soon as a coach admits his entire team lacked effort, then that's the kill switch for me. What does it tell you? Disrespect for him. Disrespect for the jumper. Disrespect for fans.
First game I've attended this year. It was a pretty good night. Weather was lovely, good seat, the company of Moshe and the lovely Sarah and the dimmies weren't too bad.

Just a pity about the football.

And the lack of effort of our players.

And the @#$%&! idiot with the microphone at the breaks.

And the flower wrestler wanker doing ads for something that has nothing to do with the football.

And the stupid competitions.

And the fact that it was harder to talk to your friends during the breaks than the actual game.

And the lack of atmosphere.

And "BongoCam".

And the contrived nature of every single moment that didn't directly involve the football.

Not sure when my next game will be.
I want this club to implode next week, I want a wrecking ball to smash this club to the shitehouse, heads MUST roll after that disgrace.
I think we have to get down to the Northern Blues and pick a few more talls and possibly a few taggers.
Thank God we have Watto ...should bring him in ASAP. ..and we need more taggers too..Carrots as soon as he is fit...if Rainbow is fit ..bring him in to tag someone, anyone .... Drop Buckley...we've seen what he can do...trying to take the game on...what the hell is he thinking.
Keep Jones, Warnock...because we're not sure what their weaknesses are...perhaps they don't have any?..yep stick with them 20-30 more games at least.

And we should also "trick" our opponents ...go REALLY tall and egg a mark in the forward line. It worked tonight..instantly.
Only had to work for the remaining 119 minutes and 45 seconds and we would have killed them.

Stay true to the plan... I can't see how we can lose!
That's what the old man said...

So...................... How's the draft looking?

Pretty proud of myself for staying at the ground for the whole game. I thought Armfield really tried hard, and contrary to a lot of people here I thought murph tried hard too, I mean he wasn't great but it looked like he gave a sh*t.

I really thought Gibbs had turned a corner last season but he was just so, so, so weak out there!!! Absoluetly p*ss weak!!!! doesn't care!!!! Needs to be dropped for next week!!!

I still think the pick 7 trade from last year is a winner, yes Whiley was very bad out there (it's a bit hard to judge a guy coming in for his first game in a game like that) but I actually liked the look of Boekhorst when he came on. Serious question, what was so bad about KJ?

I really didn't notice him so I actually thought that since the key forwards didn't really do much despite the bumr*ping in the middle of the ground that maybe he was OK tonight? What did he do wrong? (there is no way I am going to watch the replay)
Like everyone else i am sick of the excuses and justifications for garbage performance after garbage performance. We keep coming up with all the crap like we are rebuilding and there are injuries and a lot of kids in the side. How many goddamn years are we expected to swallow these rubbish lies. We have been rebuilding since the mass exodus of 2001 when we tried to plug holes in the team by getting reject players from other clubs. Apart from a few good players we seem to have continued that tradition of recruiting garbage players. Our recruiting is a joke.

As for our coaches we seem to have made a habit of chewing up and spitting them out and wrecking their careers. Yes getting rid of Ratten was probably an overreaction to the gold coast debacle but now who would want to coach here and have their career wrecked by a team that acts like they don't care and/or just have no talent.

I have followed the club for nearly 40 years, from when they were a champion team who stood for something and had pride in the jumper and the club. I have not been able to say that for many years now and am almost embarrassed to tell people i am a carlton supporter.

I wouldn't mind it as much if i saw improvement, but it is light years away. Every game they make the same mistakes such as not manning up, turning the ball over, not trying, having no system forwwrd etc..

If i can find his email i am going to email the president because as someone who has been a member for 16 years now i want to know where my money is being spent other than rubbish publicity stunts like the hovercraft. I expect if i get a reply it will be one pathetic excuse because that is all this once great club seems to be now and will continue to be for the next decade or two.
Was anyone else annoyed when they saw Geoff in the box?
Disturbed, more like it...

:shock:
Let's microwave our memberships

And cut up our scarves!

AND burn our bras! Just for good measure!
Bryce probably has a few spare...

What position did Mr Hover Craft play tonight? He's getting quite a few games!
Leading your mob for Metres Gained, I hear...

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Beautiful, Bat. You deserve a life membership for this alone.
Two more flags before I die!
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Mugwump wrote:Beautiful, Bat. You deserve a life membership for this alone.
Thank you, Mugwump. Very kind of you to say so.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by What'sinaname »

great work all. There are some super human efforts to be posting here at 4am.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Great stuff as always Jezza and MB
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^^^ Yep, I'm confident that MB and Jezza both cared more about the game than anyone wearing a Blooz jumper.

The highlight for me was the reference to Daisy and Sidey - I hope there is some video of Thomas laughing his way (to the bank) through the slaughter.

Great work, guys.

It is very important that all the Blooz supporters know that a performance like that from their rabble keeps a smile on our faces for weeks.
think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

Thanks guys, so good to wake up to, flaked it when we got home, best sleep I've had in months! Awesome night at the G, loved it!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
daics aka the ruckman

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I hate Carlton and love to see their misery.

Love the "carrying Carlton hovercraft"
go pies
roar

Post by roar »

Onya MB and Jezza!

This is such a great way to start the day.
kill for collingwood!
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Thanks Bat!

I had a look at the big footy board myself but talking Carlton certainly took the cake last night.

They had a win but the opposition was rubbish.

LOL.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!