#38 Jeremy Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:
mattdally wrote:Waiting for Josh Mahoney from Melb to screw us now
Geez yet another former pie....... :shock:
And the club looked after him so well....
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mossi wrote:This surely means Aish is off the radar :( ! We wouldn't be throwing away possible deal material if we were still dealing with the Brions!
Still plenty for that deal, if Brisbane want to trade - a pick for Freeman and a second round pick in the mix. They were going to deal with GCS on Howe for a flip of first round picks (Howe and pick 6 for pick 3), so I don't think much will be required to get him to Collingwood. Probably just a straight swap for BenKen, isn't he?
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Does MFC understand in no uncertain terms, Howe stating that he doesn't want to go interstate. So why is MFC saying that they only want to deal with GC? I'm sick of this situation of dickhead clubs dictating where their ex-players should go when their contracts expire. Just add Melbourne to the other dickhead clubs of GWS and Brisbane. So let's retrace the situation here. Treloar, Aish and Howe are free agents after their contracts have expired. They can enter the national draft or preseason draft to find new clubs. Their old clubs no longer have any hold over them, but listen to these clubs waffle on and on about their demands for trading with us. I say we should tell these clubs to go f--k themselves. Melbourne FC wants to separate a trade for Kennedy with our trading for Howe who has expressed his wish to go to Collingwood. Well sorry MFC, do you understand Kennedy has a contract with us, so why should we deal with you?
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

None of them are free agents and technically there is nothing in the rules that says they have any say in where they go but it's a prick of a club who does not respect the wishes of the individual and it's a stupid thing to do anyway. What's the point of speaking to other clubs if a player doesn't wanna go there?
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
MC

Howe

Post by MC »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_AugFdY99I

it seems to me that he takes the ball at the ideal height for our midfielders to deliver it to the forward line.
:shock:
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

CarringbushCigar wrote:
makri wrote:Howe is class. Very happy he could be comming our way. Let's hope he does better than the other Melbourne 'superstar' that came our way.
Howe is class - :shock:

I hope it turns out the coup of the decade, and that the asking price of $700k, not so long ago, was all a cunning plan to extract him from Roosy's and Goodwin's clutches.

But I'm really concerned its likely to be the next bomb, persisted with at our detriment.

Who u backing?
Roos or the guys who recruited White, Russell, Lynch, Young et al.

Maybe this keeps dragging out, else lets hope he has IT to go for 120 minutes now he should be peaking.
Not you again, serial trade bagger.
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Mossi wrote:This surely means Aish is off the radar :( ! We wouldn't be throwing away possible deal material if we were still dealing with the Brions!
According to the AFL site they started talking today and the deal will get done..
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Damien wrote:None of them are free agents and technically there is nothing in the rules that says they have any say in where they go but it's a prick of a club who does not respect the wishes of the individual and it's a stupid thing to do anyway. What's the point of speaking to other clubs if a player doesn't wanna go there?
They are free in so far as nominating for the drafts and stating a minimum salary requirement. Clubs can then pass on them or come to an agreement with them based on their wishes expressed by their agents. If they are drafted to a club against their will, they can sign for a minimum term and then renominate for the next draft. Wouldn't it be in the interest of clubs to come to an amicable agreement with the player to avoid losing that player down the track? Obviously there are clubs such Hawthorn, Collingwood, Geelong and Adelaide who have professional dealings with the players and then you have clubs like Melbourne, GWS and Brisbane who still believe in slavery. Our misfortune is having to deal with these latter clubs.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

'Buckley is understood to have been frank and blunt in laying out to Howe his assessment of his game and how he could improve and fit with Collingwood, the club he grew up supporting.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3ocn6WLXQ
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:Does MFC understand in no uncertain terms, Howe stating that he doesn't want to go interstate. So why is MFC saying that they only want to deal with GC? I'm sick of this situation of dickhead clubs dictating where their ex-players should go when their contracts expire. Just add Melbourne to the other dickhead clubs of GWS and Brisbane. So let's retrace the situation here. Treloar, Aish and Howe are free agents after their contracts have expired. They can enter the national draft or preseason draft to find new clubs. Their old clubs no longer have any hold over them, but listen to these clubs waffle on and on about their demands for trading with us. I say we should tell these clubs to go f--k themselves. Melbourne FC wants to separate a trade for Kennedy with our trading for Howe who has expressed his wish to go to Collingwood. Well sorry MFC, do you understand Kennedy has a contract with us, so why should we deal with you?
Great points with passion de boot!!! :!:
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Howe

Post by inxs88 »

MC wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_AugFdY99I

it seems to me that he takes the ball at the ideal height for our midfielders to deliver it to the forward line.
touche'
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Late contender for post of the year :-D
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »

stoliboy wrote:

Late contender for post of the year :-D
:lol: Well then if we get Aish and Tralore delivering the pill then there is no need for Howe?
The interest in Howe therefore rules out we get Aish or Tralore! :cry:
MC

Howe

Post by MC »

If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by Big T »

MC wrote:If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed
I've heard this Mohammed is an absolute gun. We have to get him.
Buon Giorno