Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Advice for Jack … go back to Black !

Post by RudeBoy »

princem007 wrote:Is it just me but since Jack went blonde he’s getting less free kicks ?

Maybe something in it from an umpire subconscious thing ?

Either way he’s been treated more harshly and as a blonde he’s definitely not having more fun or getting any love from the umps.

So Jack… go back to black , what have you got to lose ? Apart from your head which every week someone is trying to knock off.
I reckon he could go purple for the finals! That's how he rolls. 8)
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Reminds me of the fake apology that the AFL vomited out after the 2018 GF stating that Maynard should have got a free kick very late in last quarter. Zilch help after the event. It’s all a wank. Nothing will be done to Stevie for his non action and it will all be swept under the carpet yet again. The AFL CEO will be given a massive farewell at the end of the season and that will be that. After all is said and done, there is always more said than done
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Actually, no kidding, Jack has a long ago throwback, believe it or not. On Utube I was watching a rare film of the 1958 GF. Magpies v Melbourne, and honestly, there was a Ginnivan look alike back in that game, same jumper, same blonde white hair, and he was a kid too. His name was Ken Bennett,first season, only a kid, and im pretty sure he booted 5 great goals, and basically won us the Premiership. He looks uncannily like Jack, its amazing, if hes still alive, i wonder if he can see that too ? Check it out on Utube.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

What the club should do is rest Ginnivan and list his ‘out’ as a head injury.

Send a message to the AFL that we see through their pissy excuse for a blatant wrong decision.

How they have the balls to say that he initiated contact is beyond belief.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Jezza
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 320 times

Post by Jezza »

I'm not expecting anything to change.

The AFL has lost control of this situation.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

burnsy17 wrote:
How they have the balls to say that he initiated contact is beyond belief.
Just extraordinary!!!!
Plus the AFL have obviously not considered what players need to do to slip out of a tackle. They have to lower their centre of gravity in order to get more drive and extra strength in their legs to push away. It's a biomechanical necessity.
Would they prefer the tackled player just stop and say "Okay, you caught me" (like Stephenson did once), like kids playing chasy in the school yard? :roll:
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

stui magpie wrote:Good on Coxy, nice spray to the AFL.
Wild to think high tackles were put in the game to protect players health and now are being blatantly ignored for a 19 year old. How can we think “the AFL cares about concussions and head high contact” after this.
https://twitter.com/masonsixtencox/stat ... 1233551360
I love Swanny’s reply!
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

This link is not working David.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

lazzadesilva wrote:This link is not working David.
I’m assuming it’s Mr Miyagi catching a fly with chopsticks
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

Oops! It was supposed to be a gif of Brad Scott going crazy in the coach's box. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

I have no problem with the rule interpretation BUT the fact is players have taken it to mean that Ginnivan will NEVER get a free kick for a high tackle, so they have a free shot at him, and the decision last week only vindicates this, so until the AFL steps in and either pats Ginnivan a few high frees OR reports or fines a player for rough contact on Ginnivan, he will
Keep being targeted. The Redman tackle was only ever going one place, right around his neck, then he had him in a head lock - that’s a free and maybe a 50 or even a report for rough contact. Any of those would stamp this out, but the AFL is gutless and the umpires are confused, and who can blame them!

- Ben