#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by K »

But Jake's point is that Casboult was very easy to get (no one wanted him) and very cheap.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ Coxy is so much more than than a forward though, which many posters above have explained.
K

Post by K »

Well, Jake claimed in that article that Casboult can ruck.

(Not that I would want Casboult. Having yet another bad kick in the side would be painful to watch.)
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by shawthing »

Well Darcy Cameron has kicked 2 in the first Quarter, including a 60 metres goal. Cox can never do that.
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

Cox is a VFL standard player.
- Side By Side -
K

Post by K »

A big issue is that Cox is being paid a lot of money. If he were on rookie salary (like Mihocek!) it wouldn't be such a problem.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Darcy Cameron’s greatest ever game was the sort of game that Cox gets lambasted for
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 326 times

Post by Jezza »

The Cox experiment is over.

Doesn't provide enough for the team anymore. I'd persist with Cameron and see what he can produce with a string of games.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Yes. Give him a decent run at it and see what he can do.
K

Post by K »

Jezza wrote:The Cox experiment is over.
It was a cheap experiment in the beginning. Just an international rookie spot and no salary-cap damage. Now the experiment has become expensive.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Doesn't provide enough for the team anymore. I'd persist with Cameron and see what he can produce with a string of games.
More than that. If Cox has fallen out of favour with Buckley, then it's all over. I feel that once players fall foul of the coach, there is no coming back.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

What'sinaname wrote:

More than that. If Cox has fallen out of favour with Buckley, then it's all over. I feel that once players fall foul of the coach, there is no coming back.

Theres really no evidence of that, i doubt that, its just that we are seeing what Cameron can or cant do. i still maintain, that Cox up forward needs two guys on him, at least, and when he does get a grab, he can kick a goal. He also can spell Grundy in the ruck, give him a rest, which i doubt Cameron can do, Cox does get tap outs too. I just think one game in 3 yrs at the Swans is not a great CV, hes not as if hes like Roughead, who played many games at the Doggies. See how Cameron goes this week, its up to him now him and Cox too vie for the forward position.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big Dan

Post by Big Dan »

FFS! Casboult a star that everyone overlooked! The reason he stayed at Carlton is that a) he's not that good b) he's 30 c) and after 11 years uni the system, he's still not that good.

The day anyone honestly thinks Casboult is part of a premiership tilt is the day that person should be committed.

If the Coxzilla was fed the ball like Kennedy was, I reckon he would have snagged at least 5.

Let the Coxzilla roam his natural habitat (goal square), and send it long to the contest! But only on a dry day - if doesn't like getting his coat wet.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by What'sinaname »

No Cox again and he's doneski at Pie Park.

No more USA USA
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ MIGHT be a team management thing, whose to say, in this weird covid 19 season, in Hubs, thiis is no ordinary season, i have a strong hunch he will return, down the track. See how Cameron goes this week, the ball is in his court now, its up to him now, too hold his spot.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.