#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

A real Pies support would have known everything about this story?
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

John Wren wrote:haven't really followed this story. any reason why we should be excited by this prospect?
He's tall (over 210cm) and quick (possibly the quickest AFL player ever at his height). The downside is that he's an American who's never played the game.

Also, this is the first time clubs have competed for an international signing, and only clubs who had been overseas to the tryouts were allowed to bid (5 clubs I think). So, we have finally landed a big fish.
Well done boys!
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

There's only 1 cox for me, and his name is Shannon.

Can't tell me his silky smooth skills would not be valuable this weekend!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

No problem taking a punt on Mason Cox as we need help in the ruck and at F/F. But what we really need are more big bodied mids, like those of Olli Wines at Port Adelaide. Watching Port kill off Carlton last night they are the types of players we desperately need at Collingwood if we are to go anywhere next year.
Darkstranger

Any news on the giant Yank?

Post by Darkstranger »

For a guy nearly 7ft, he has remained invisible, no pics, no news stories, maybe he has done a hammy and we are hiding it?
Presti35
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Presti35 »

Edit. Well my comment isn't relevant anymore, now the threads have been merged. :cry:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Darkstranger

Mason Cox

Post by Darkstranger »

Hi all, looks like I might be able to provide Mason Cox updates, now lives with a close friend of mine..stay tune, check out latest video on the CFC site.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

Dark Beanie wrote:Link to Mason Cox interview

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2 ... -mason-cox
Got hands on him like wicket keepers gloves :shock:

Can already bounce the ball and look natural. I saw some of his initial highlights reel, he can jump and ruck. Shows some promise as a ruckman without being coached, can only get better with coaching.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

stui magpie wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:Link to Mason Cox interview

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2 ... -mason-cox

Got hands on him like wicket keepers gloves
:shock:

Can already bounce the ball and look natural. I saw some of his initial highlights reel, he can jump and ruck. Shows some promise as a ruckman without being coached, can only get better with coaching.
Assume that means big Cox?
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

WarrenerraW wrote:Yes because we need another international rookie who has no concept about our game whatsoever, and we need to continue to invest more money and resources into finding more of these players when we have a whole pool of them in our own backyard.
Exactly. This club is a joke.
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

collie dog wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:Yes because we need another international rookie who has no concept about our game whatsoever, and we need to continue to invest more money and resources into finding more of these players when we have a whole pool of them in our own backyard.
Then move on.
Nothing more for you to see here.
See ya.

Hawks wasn't it?
Bring Back Tranquilli
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

collie dog wrote:
last time I checked people were able to change teams. If you think the club is a joke, maybe going for a different team would work for you.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Brown26 wrote:Waste the money IMO. We've got money, this is one of the few chances we have to get a leg up on the clubs who don't have the money / resources that we do. Sure it's not a very efficient way to get good players, but if we get one top 22 player from this system then it's worth it.

Witts was a NSW scholarship player IIRR, again not a very efficient system but it's paid off once, it's cost us little but money and extra coaching resources (which we have) so I don't see the down side

- Ben
This was correct when Brown26 said it in May and it remains correct, now. Sometimes reading threads on this BB is like watching Groundhog Day.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

I reckon he's gunna make it. If he can model his tap work on Sandilands and bulk up he's a chance.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930