#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Maybe it doesn't matter, but I have no idea why MC is allowed to talk about it now.

And I really don't see how the contact was high. (Also true of the Nathan Brown bump last year.)
RudeBoy
Been liked: 135 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm not convinced by that footage that there was contact to the head. To me it's a simple bump off the ball. Possibly that would be a free kick, but nothing more.
BazBoy
Been liked: 43 times

Post by BazBoy »

Sounds like a Kangaroo Court to me
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
woodys_world69
Been liked: 32 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

How does this result in a 1 match ban for this obvious staging of a free kick.

Its just a normal Shepard thats too far away from the ball carrier.
This is some BS where they are trying to punish a player because the onfield umpire didnt pick up that it was a free kick.
And thats all it is, a free kick on the ground.
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

As Chrisso stated the player reaction is calculated when assessing the impact, if Grimes wasn't staging for a free kick then this wouldn't have even been cited. If he goes for a week then the AFL needs to rub a bunch of players out every week with similar contact
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

MC what in the hell are you looking at mate? Wasn't high contact at all and Grimes took a massive flop, how can you cite an incident like that and keep a straight face, absolute joke and if Coxy doesn't get off then the game is heading down the wrong path. I'm all for keeping the game clean but let's keep a bit of niggle in the game especially when nobody is hurt. Was Grimes injured in anyway? Does he give evidence at the tribunal? Looks as soft as butter frying on a hot tin roof. FMD AFL, what is wrong with you morons?
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

I don't think we can argue it wasnt high because of the medical report etc.
I think we can argue it was careless and not intentional. Cox has his eyes on the play and the ball carrier when he starts running in the direction of the goal and then in the last split second he sees grimes right in front of him.
It is not conclusive that he intended to run towards Grimes in the first instance.
Case closed your honour
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:I don't think we can argue it wasnt high because of the medical report etc.
I think we can argue it was careless and not intentional. Cox has his eyes on the play and the ball carrier when he starts running in the direction of the goal and then in the last split second he sees grimes right in front of him.
It is not conclusive that he intended to run towards Grimes in the first instance.
Case closed your honour
You dont have to get hit in the head to get concussion, but yes, I think we have to go with careless rather than intentional.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:If Cox gets off, will he be under the pump to perform next week?
there's a little blue pill for that
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

Monco Matt wrote:MC what in the hell are you looking at mate? Wasn't high contact at all and Grimes took a massive flop, how can you cite an incident like that and keep a straight face, absolute joke and if Coxy doesn't get off then the game is heading down the wrong path. I'm all for keeping the game clean but let's keep a bit of niggle in the game especially when nobody is hurt. Was Grimes injured in anyway? Does he give evidence at the tribunal? Looks as soft as butter frying on a hot tin roof. FMD AFL, what is wrong with you morons?
honestly if thats a suspendable offence, footy is well and truly $@&^#.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:I don't think we can argue it wasnt high because of the medical report etc. ...
Wonder whether that was the only possible passage where he could have taken a head knock.

(In the N. Brown case, I'm not convinced he hit Saad's head and guess Saad hit his head on the ground when he went down... but Brown is still doing time for that.)
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

All of the decisions / fines in that AFL video looked very soft to me - think it's a bit of a crackdown before the usual easing up through the course of the year. Also interesting they didn't show the other reported incident in the match in that video, the comparison to any of the other reports would have been too great to show methinks
McRae for Governor-General!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Talking Footy just now, all talking about concussions and how Cox will get a week because Grimes had symptoms... Wayne Carey looked like he was about to burst out laughing and say "are you f***ing kidding me?"

And Robbo on FOX was declaring Cox guilty. Jordan Lewis was the same as Carey, but he bit his tongue.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

The tiggers medical staff have more to do than sink a bloke for no reason but spite. Call them up to the tribunal and they can sit around wasting time until they get grilled by the players advocate. Get a biomedics bloke in as well and have the tribunal say well this is going to take all night , we won't waste time, throw it out.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
BazBoy
Been liked: 43 times

Post by BazBoy »

Made mention was the collective ex players about to mount a legal challenge against AFL on post footy concussion affects

Speculation that AFL has to be seen to protect players now

Cox may well be the sacrificial lamb
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right